News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, tomorrow, do we do the proper thing?

Started by Rupert, May 10, 2014, 04:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Obviously it rather depends on your personal opinion of just what is the "proper" response to this season, but to my not always reliable mind, the right thing to do tomorrow is greet the occasion much as you would a wake.

See, back in 2003 my dear old Dad died. The church was packed for his funeral, and we had a pretty big do afterwards, in celebration of the man and the life he had led. My youngest sister had only been married for six months, and the new in-laws were still getting used to us, and had never been to a proper Irish wake before. It did knock them out of their stride at first, but by the end they accepted that it was a good way to see a loved one off.
As one cousin said, it was the sort of party my Dad would have loved to have been at.

And so to tomorrow. Yes, we mourn the loss of our place in the top flight, but I think we should also recall with pride the last thirteen years, the high points as well as the low, and go down cheering. I hope the team performs admirably, but let us show the world how true fans support their team.
We are Fulham, we accept disaster is, as usual, a companion on our journey and we carry on regardless. We may not be back anytime soon, or we might bounce back at the first attempt, but it will be fun.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

alfie

I agree, we are down now nothing whatsoever anyone or anything can do about it, we have apportioned blame to whoever, whatever and whenever, but for me the only blame lies with
FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB. We cheer the highs together now lets cheer the low, and start now how we mean to go on in the Championship.

Together we rise, together we fall and together we will rise again

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

Tomorrow we show the football world what Fulham FC mean to us.  Palace are a reasonable side with an organised defence, a pacy striker & a decent midfielder but they are definitely beatable.

Three points, our lowest ebb was the turn of the tide.

HatterDon

none of you will love this club less because we were relegated. Why should some of you act as if you're ashamed of the club if this is true? If I had the money and time, I'd go and clap them off the pitch. Then I'd start counting the days to the new season.

COYW
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Enclosurite

Would be great if we could burst out some old school song verses of Premier League players of the past 13 years.  Oh Lee Clark my lord etc...
¡COYW!

Bedford White

Peabody

Agree with You Rupert. Some people will walk out either before or after the final whistle. What I hope we do not get is some remaining to boo the team and ruin what should be a celebration of our stay in the Premier League.

BishopsParkFantastic

I hope Fulham fans behave with good humour and respect in this situation in spite of the disappointing, shambolic and dysfunctional season - particularly as today Fulham players and staff will probably be accompanied by their own children at the match and on the pitch. I cannot go to the match, but would have done if I was in London.  9739.gif

Shredhead

I'll be celebrating the last 13 years and will be urging my daughter to look forward to seeing new teams,  more of our great young players and hopefully more victories next season.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

filham

A good post, it has given me a much needed lift.

Let's also remember there is, I think, a big difference in end of the season prize money between finishing 18th and 20th.

Also if any of our budding youngsters play it is important to give them a lot of support.