more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gentleman Jim

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, May 11, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Great little speech after the game.....

Always liked the guy, and I really hope he is still commentating on the site next season.

049:gif

Twig

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 11, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

Always liked the guy, and I really hope he is still commentating on the site next season.

What a loss he would be.

Fulham1959

Just wouldn't be the same with anyone else. 

He goes bananas when we score and I hate that feint 'Oh no!' (or similar) and then a silence, when the opposition scores  -  which would be a lot, this season.

RaySmith

:plus one:

Burt

HatterDon

I'm surprised that he had a voice after all. I can imagine how much he screamed when David scored at the death.

My only regret from my trip to England was not getting a chance to meet GJ. What a legend.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulham1959

Quote from: Burt on May 11, 2014, 10:41:23 PM
What did he say?

Among other things how he had cried at the age of 9 when, watching with his dad, Fulham got relegated in 1968.

FPT

I don't usually listen to Gentleman Jim, but when I have, he's been brilliant. I wonder if Fulham would consider giving him a co-commentator here and there, just an idea.

So useful for those dodgy League Cup games - of which we'll be starting in round one!

HatterDon

Quote from: FPT on May 12, 2014, 12:17:31 AM
I don't usually listen to Gentleman Jim, but when I have, he's been brilliant. I wonder if Fulham would consider giving him a co-commentator here and there, just an idea.

So useful for those dodgy League Cup games - of which we'll be starting in round one!

NO!!!!! I heard him a couple of times over the years when there were problems with the Fulham feed and he back-to-backed with guys from the BBC who didn't know how to STFU for more than three minutes. GJ talks to himself and to us, he doesn't need a partner.

FPT

Quote from: HatterDon on May 12, 2014, 01:47:17 AM
Quote from: FPT on May 12, 2014, 12:17:31 AM

NO!!!!! I heard him a couple of times over the years when there were problems with the Fulham feed and he back-to-backed with guys from the BBC who didn't know how to STFU for more than three minutes. GJ talks to himself and to us, he doesn't need a partner.

I meant somebody like Sean Davis, not some random bloke.

Jonaldiniho 88

Is it just me, and I  love GJ but I can't stand listening to someone as biased as me. I want someone to slate us when we are poo and not bring up decisions that went against us two games before. Prob just me

MisfitKid

GJ will be my only connection during matches for next season   :023:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

HatterDon

Quote from: MisfitKid on May 12, 2014, 02:46:37 AM
GJ will be my only connection during matches for next season   :023:

except for the 4-6 matches we have a good chance of seeing on beIN sport. That's about as often as we saw them in 2008-11.

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: HatterDon on May 12, 2014, 03:42:23 AM
Quote from: MisfitKid on May 12, 2014, 02:46:37 AM
GJ will be my only connection during matches for next season   :023:

except for the 4-6 matches we have a good chance of seeing on beIN sport. That's about as often as we saw them in 2008-11.

Correct. It wasn't long ago when having one game a month on Fox Soccer Channel was considered a godsend.

beIN also does the League Cup, so we could see the Whites on tv in that too. Not to mention Fox Sports 1 and 2 which did FA Cup matches this season, which should continue next as well.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

sunburywhite

does he read this board or post on it?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

epsomraver

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 12, 2014, 05:52:49 AM

I had a long chat with him before the Hull game and No he does not, however I told him how much the overseas fans love his commentries and admire how he can commentate on a whole game against them down the road without saying their name! He told me that a few years ago he was invited to a wedding by an American listener who came over for his daughters wedding,he was really flattered  perhaps someone from here?

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on May 12, 2014, 09:03:21 AM
Quote from: sunburywhite on May 12, 2014, 05:52:49 AM

I had a long chat with him before the Hull game and No he does not, however I told him how much the overseas fans love his commentries and admire how he can commentate on a whole game against them down the road without saying their name! He told me that a few years ago he was invited to a wedding by an American listener who came over for his daughters wedding,he was really flattered  perhaps someone from here?

He is a legend with us Yanks ... and Texans also.

Fulham Gentleman

I hope Gentleman Jim stays, he is brilliant.  I have many great memories of listening to him from Korea over the years.  Whenever I was homesick, he was always there bringing a little bit of home every week.  His call of Murphy's goal in the 2008 Portsmouth match was especially memorable.

Holders

Jimisms:

"well you can probably tell what's happened..."

"get up yer ponce"

"I began to feel sick as soon as I started to walk across the forecourt at Stamford Bridge"

"oh, no, that was never a foul"

"Them, Their, The opposition, Our opponents" - anything but the C-word.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Steven Ageroad

You guys do not know how lucky you are.These days you have all the Internet etc to listen to the FFC games. In the 70's there was no such thing and my dear old dad (still alive) along with a local charity used to do a commentary from the JH stand direct to Fulham Hospital (Now Charing Cross hospital) there was no local radio station to listen to. He also had at least 4-6 blind people sitting next to him with headphones on listening to the commentary, they were there just to feel the atmosphere, they would even jump when we scored.