watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Racism was back!

Started by Andy S, May 11, 2014, 06:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Andy under no circumstance go to our away game at  The Den......................... you will have apoplexy

epsomraver

:005:
Quote from: KCat on May 11, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Andy under no circumstance go to our away game at  The Den......................... you will have apoplexy

Can you get cream for that now days K? :005:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

No Raver ............................. A lion Bar  064.gif

PocketSwan

I doubt he heard  the chants. I heard 1 or 2 songs at the start of the second half but not much else.

Lighthouse

What is worse is we live in a World where a motoring presenter says a nursery rhyme and people complain about a muttered word, another radio presenter leaves because an old song has an old word in it, fans get in a fluster because of a mild chant. A cross dresser wins the Eurovision Song Contest because he has a beard and wears a dress and the song is of no importance.

My Mum had a Black and White Mistrel show LP. It is our hidden shame. For goodness sake some people just want to be shocked and insulted.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Martinsback

This post shows how dumbed down the culture and intelligence of the British people has become. There is so much knowledge and information on the Internet but most of it is ignored for the sensationalist stories like Jordan's love life or nonsense so called political correctness. This is why people are hounded for their views, because people do not have a clue as to the meaning of words nor their intent.

Racism is not when something is described such as where people come from, it is the intent to treat people unfairly based on their race. For example in this post the offence would be the accusation of child abuse if it could be proved that the chants were about Jimmy Saville's abuse rather than his career as a DJ. The people using the chant could have been saying that TP was a DJ who appeared to TOTP, unlikely I know. The description of Welsh people as Welsh is not "racism" even if there was a Welsh race, which there isn't.

Diane Abbot on the other hand made a statement that accused all White people as having a character that was negative. That was racism because it attributed a negative attribute to a person based on their colour. She of course has not been hounded out of her job, mainly due to the need to retain her seat I suspect by the Labour party.

Let us be clear, racism is stupid and can be offensive but if it is not used to stop someone attain a fair outcome is either just name calling or an opinion. Unfortunately the application of the punishments for real racism are so unevenly applied, the accusations of it so badly used that its real impact is obscured. It is similar to footballers on 100,000s of euros saying that they are treated like slaves. Apart from historical slavery which show how pathetic this accusation is the fact that nearly 1 Indian or Nepalese worker dies whilst working on the Qatari World Cup stadium every day. Now that is racism.

Macedo

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2014, 09:01:16 PM
What is worse is we live in a World where a motoring presenter says a nursery rhyme and people complain about a muttered word, another radio presenter leaves because an old song has an old word in it, fans get in a fluster because of a mild chant. A cross dresser wins the Eurovision Song Contest because he has a beard and wears a dress and the song is of no importance.

My Mum had a Black and White Mistrel show LP. It is our hidden shame. For goodness sake some people just want to be shocked and insulted.

Correct...Country has gone PC potty...

Baszab

I thought the Palace chant = "f***ing useless etc etc" was quite apt really given our season

Berserker

Very true Baszab.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

paddyuksw6

I thought Pulis handled it well and was quite amused by it from where I was in the Hammy end, I joined in so if anyone wants to press charges here are my details:

Patrick Clifford
49 Southfalls Road
Canvey Island
Essex
SS8 7QA

the nutflush

Quote from: PokerMatt on May 11, 2014, 07:07:06 PM
Those poor paedophiles have been treated as an inferior race for far too long.

LMAO....racism...those poor persecuted paedos.   064.gif

nose

I didn't hear the remarks made to Pulis but IMO he is a loathsome thugish lout. My opinion is based on watching his teams for years and they all show the same disrespect for the laws of the game and the safety of the opposition. From the first time we played gillingham I recall thinking that they were dinasaur barbarick teams and always come away thinking that refs really need to do better homework in what goes on on the pitch when a pulis team plays..... 

racism is vile and I would never abuse pulis for his race colour or creed. I abuse him because of his actions and what he says in the media to defend the indefensible.

domprague

Any reason for calling Pulis a paedophile? Or just a handy term of abuse? Is he the Welsh Jimmy Saville because he wears a tracksuit and a baseball hat all the time?
Personally I would call him a one-eyed thug since every time one of his players breaks someone's leg he says 'they are not that kind of player'.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Burt

No reason whatsoever.

Note that this board whilst amazing in many respects is not immune from libel laws so any daft comments making unfounded allegations against Pulis will result in this thread being locked.

Cheers

Burt

domprague

Good point well made.

Quote from: Burt on May 12, 2014, 02:10:51 PM
No reason whatsoever.

Note that this board whilst amazing in many respects is not immune from libel laws so any daft comments making unfounded allegations against Pulis will result in this thread being locked.

Cheers

Burt
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.