News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou, Kasami leaving, Sidwell future undecided yet...

Started by supersimmo123, May 11, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: alexbishop on May 11, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

Relegation release clause?

This one often rears its head. How would it work?
You wouldn't pay £12m (or whatever) for a 4 year contract and have a clause which allows him to walk away if you should go down (particularly if you were bottom of the league when it was signed) especially as the player would be expected to contribute in trying to avoid that eventuality. The only 'release' clause that makes any sense is the one that says the club will entertain any offer above a certain figure (e.g Dembele mk1) and this could be applicable irrespective of any relegation. Release clauses such as this are set in the expectation that a player's value will rise.

If we (ie Magath) have now decided that we don't require Mitroglou then, presumably, we would be prepared to entertain an offer that gives us our money back (or close to). But, given what has happened, how likely is that? If our disaffection is due to a long-term injury problem then it becomes even less likely that anyone would want him. The poor bloke's value must be rock-bottom right now - the only way up is for him to play and score a few goals.  

westcliff white

Quote from: alexbishop on May 11, 2014, 07:24:26 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on May 11, 2014, 07:07:51 PM
All this about Mitroglu leaving really is weird, we paid £12 million for him if you believe reports in the press, and  he`s under contract to
FFC who the hell is going to pay us anything like that for someone with his injury record.

Hopefully he will get fit and get the goals next season  to take us back.

Relegation release clause?

there isnt one, he has a pay reduction clause though as do al i players
Every day is a Fulham day

Luffy86

He's another Afonso Alves... He'll be on his way back to Greece in the summer for £6m....
Although I hope not!!, feel he could be a real menace in the championship, that's is he's actually up for a challenge!!

terryr

The guy who maintains the toilets told me on my way out that he is activating his relegation clause. He may be moving to Derby or QPR but wiggin have been having preliminary talks. His agent had some contact with Leicester but so far Fulham wants too much to get a deal.The guy who refills the paper towels was glum as he hasn't enough experience to temp other clubs and is under contract until 2017
This wasn't in the parking lot, but actually in the bog as I was shaking the little master after draining 3 Carlsberg into the Thames.

Thamesbank

As has been stated before Nitro has a £15m release clause unless someone pays something near that figure he is going nowhere, leaving aside who on earth is going to buy him when there is no proof he has recovered from his injury.

epsomraver

Quote from: supersimmo123 on May 11, 2014, 06:54:16 PM
A fan on twitter (Tight Fulham connections and ST holder) went to the players car park afterwoods, spoke with some of the players. Both Kasami and Mitroglou confirmed they would be leaving in the summer. Sidwell said that he genuinely has not had a conversation with anyone yet. Heitinga said that he would hold talks with Felix in the next 2 weeks. Richardson and Parker both said they would stay and Dejagah has said that he has a contract and would not discuss further.

Make of that what you will but I personally dont think that losing Kasami and Mitroglou is that bad, as I have said previously we can reinvest the Mitroglou money into a proven Championship goalscorer. I think it would be a bonus if Heitinga stayed simply for some experience in the defence.

Course he did! 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif For a start he would not get anywhere near the players car park without a permit and as some players stayed at the Cottage afterwards for a long while  including some of those quoted he could NOT have spoken to them

epsomraver

Quote from: SP on May 11, 2014, 07:49:08 PM
Watching Mitroglu in the warm-up he looks a million miles away from any level of fitness. 
What about the halftime kick a bout, he looked very sharp then!What part of warm up is hard to understand?

terryr

Quote from: epsomraver on May 11, 2014, 08:45:42 PM
Quote from: supersimmo123 on May 11, 2014, 06:54:16 PM
A fan on twitter (Tight Fulham connections and ST holder) went to the players car park afterwoods, spoke with some of the players. Both Kasami and Mitroglou confirmed they would be leaving in the summer. Sidwell said that he genuinely has not had a conversation with anyone yet. Heitinga said that he would hold talks with Felix in the next 2 weeks. Richardson and Parker both said they would stay and Dejagah has said that he has a contract and would not discuss further.

Make of that what you will but I personally dont think that losing Kasami and Mitroglou is that bad, as I have said previously we can reinvest the Mitroglou money into a proven Championship goalscorer. I think it would be a bonus if Heitinga stayed simply for some experience in the defence.

Course he did! 079.gif 079.gif 079.gif For a start he would not get anywhere near the players car park without a permit and as some players stayed at the Cottage afterwards for a long while  including some of those quoted he could NOT have spoken to them
:plus one: 079.gif

terryr

Quote from: epsomraver on May 11, 2014, 08:48:23 PM
Quote from: SP on May 11, 2014, 07:49:08 PM
Watching Mitroglu in the warm-up he looks a million miles away from any level of fitness. 
What about the halftime kick a bout, he looked very sharp then!What part of warm up is hard to understand?
I think it was the Kebab he was sharing with a fan whilst stretching at the corner flag......

Lighthouse

Kasami on Twitter I think was saying thankyou to the fans and whatever happens blah blah blah. But I can't really get too upset whoever leaves. They weren't good enough to keep us there so if they want to go, thanks and hope everything goes well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

I loved it at away matches when Kara was warming up, he used to wave and smile, so different from Mitro
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

itombomb

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on May 11, 2014, 07:30:28 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on May 11, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
I think a general clear out wouldn't be a bad thing.

The only spark from midfield today came from David and Dejagah.... Yet again Parker and Sidwell added nothing. I really hope we don't start with either of them next season as I don't think they are good enough for a side to win promotion from the championship. I know some people laud Sidwell and he does try his hardest, but please tell me what positive contribution he has made over the past three games? The guy behind me today was a crystal palace fan and midway though the second half said.... I forgot that Parker played for Fulham.... Completely anonymous. We need some midfield creativity if we are to be a half decent championship side.

Agree about Parker. However Sidwell adds much needed energy to the midfield (as seen over the past 2 seasons) and does score the odd goal - or like this year, a handfull.
If you want energy, get someone who has energy but is also a good footballer.

itombomb

On Mitroglou, I expect we are more likely to loan him out like QPR did with Remy than sell him.

domprague

I spoke to Stockdale after the match and he says that he's joined a league in Austria where they play football in balloons. Tight control is the order of the day.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

SP

Quote from: domprague on May 11, 2014, 09:35:50 PM
I spoke to Stockdale after the match and he says that he's joined a league in Austria where they play football in balloons. Tight control is the order of the day.

I heard Mitro is doing a series of sprint challenges over the summer to improve his fitness.  He's not too confident of winning his first race as he'll be up against former Fulham favourite Bobby Zamora...

ron

Quote from: EJL on May 11, 2014, 06:58:52 PM
I genuinely think these people are lying whenever they say they've spoken to the players. Why on earth would Kasami, Mitroglou or any player give fans decisive answers about their future? Especially if it's David Hulley.

Thanks for the post, though - interesting nonetheless.

Quite. I was told at the first firm I worked for as a lad by a gnarled and seasoned employee;

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see, son".

It was sage advice.

Martinsback

I was walking past Sainsburys the other day and the G9 leaders, minus Putin, were there buying their sanies for lunch. Cameron and the Italian bloke told me that they were going to send an armed force to the Ukraine, but the German lady said she was going to sit back, see what happens and ensure that no Germans were injured in any future violence. However, she did say that once the British, French and Italians had lost their troops but secured the country, German firms would be there to win the contracts. The Japanese bloke commented that the sushi was pretty good and Obama had lunch in that big black van they always use.

HatterDon

the gift to the world that is Twitter: any 12 year old can make up anything and see it repeated around the world in a matter of hours.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bryanthebroom

Can't see other than a loan move for Mitro. No way we could afford 50kpw wages in the championship

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on May 11, 2014, 11:45:54 PM
the gift to the world that is Twitter: any 12 year old can make up anything and see it repeated around the world in a matter of hours.
Except this time it's a middle-aged man making it up. AND he's done it before.