News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitroglou, Kasami leaving, Sidwell future undecided yet...

Started by supersimmo123, May 11, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersimmo123

A fan on twitter (Tight Fulham connections and ST holder) went to the players car park afterwoods, spoke with some of the players. Both Kasami and Mitroglou confirmed they would be leaving in the summer. Sidwell said that he genuinely has not had a conversation with anyone yet. Heitinga said that he would hold talks with Felix in the next 2 weeks. Richardson and Parker both said they would stay and Dejagah has said that he has a contract and would not discuss further.

Make of that what you will but I personally dont think that losing Kasami and Mitroglou is that bad, as I have said previously we can reinvest the Mitroglou money into a proven Championship goalscorer. I think it would be a bonus if Heitinga stayed simply for some experience in the defence.

alexbishop

Shame about Kasami, think there is some quality there that would be useful in the championship. Mitroglu I have no opinion on, let's be rid of him and pretend it never happened.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

JBH

EJL

I genuinely think these people are lying whenever they say they've spoken to the players. Why on earth would Kasami, Mitroglou or any player give fans decisive answers about their future? Especially if it's David Hulley.

Thanks for the post, though - interesting nonetheless.

grandad

Mitroglou is on a fairly long contract. If we are not offered sufficient for him he will have to stay. Kasami is not the player he thinks he is. One goal doesn´t make a great player. Sidwell must be offered 2 years. Parker is sadly on a long contract.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Max Headroom

I think a general clear out wouldn't be a bad thing.

The only spark from midfield today came from David and Dejagah.... Yet again Parker and Sidwell added nothing. I really hope we don't start with either of them next season as I don't think they are good enough for a side to win promotion from the championship. I know some people laud Sidwell and he does try his hardest, but please tell me what positive contribution he has made over the past three games? The guy behind me today was a crystal palace fan and midway though the second half said.... I forgot that Parker played for Fulham.... Completely anonymous. We need some midfield creativity if we are to be a half decent championship side.

PokerMatt

Ah the old players revealing to fans their futures.

Appreciate you sharing, but I'll wait for official news. He didn't half get to speak to a lot of the players..
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FPT

To be fair to Mitroglou... He's a proven Champions League goalscorer...

Also, if the offer comes, it'd have to at least match what we paid, especially considering there's 4 years there. Plus, don't forget the amount of quality teams (Dortmund, Inter, Arsenal) that were scouting him in the months prior to January.

Anyway, I won't believe what some random fella has said, unless he's been proven correct before. As far as I care, this is the same as when newspapers say "So-and-so, has told his friends that he will be moving to where-ever." That's no proof, it's nonsense.

If these players want to leave, let them leave... We need to rebuild, so we don't need players that are going to cause unnecessary issues.

f321ffc

All this about Mitroglu leaving really is weird, we paid £12 million for him if you believe reports in the press, and  he`s under contract to
FFC who the hell is going to pay us anything like that for someone with his injury record.

Hopefully he will get fit and get the goals next season  to take us back.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

cmg

Quote from: f321ffc on May 11, 2014, 07:07:51 PM
All this about Mitroglu leaving really is weird, we paid £12 million for him if you believe reports in the press, and  he`s under contract to
FFC who the hell is going to pay us anything like that for someone with his injury record.

Hopefully he will get fit and get the goals next season  to take us back.

Aha! A sensible post on the subject.

I think you should delete it at once. It's going to get awfully lonely.

The Rock

With Woodrow, Rodellega, David, Degagh, Dembele, Roberts, and Mitro I'd say we have all the goalscorers we need.

With 85 goals conceded I think it's clear we need a new back 4.

Shame Parker is in a long term contract. Perhaps if Sidwell goes then we can add that creative midfielder we much need and Parker can hang back and do pinwheels.

alexbishop

All this about Mitroglu leaving really is weird, we paid £12 million for him if you believe reports in the press, and  he`s under contract to

Relegation release clause?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Max Headroom on May 11, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
I think a general clear out wouldn't be a bad thing.

The only spark from midfield today came from David and Dejagah.... Yet again Parker and Sidwell added nothing. I really hope we don't start with either of them next season as I don't think they are good enough for a side to win promotion from the championship. I know some people laud Sidwell and he does try his hardest, but please tell me what positive contribution he has made over the past three games? The guy behind me today was a crystal palace fan and midway though the second half said.... I forgot that Parker played for Fulham.... Completely anonymous. We need some midfield creativity if we are to be a half decent championship side.

Agree about Parker. However Sidwell adds much needed energy to the midfield (as seen over the past 2 seasons) and does score the odd goal - or like this year, a handfull.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: supersimmo123 on May 11, 2014, 06:54:16 PM
A fan on twitter (Tight Fulham connections and ST holder) went to the players car park afterwoods, spoke with some of the players. Both Kasami and Mitroglou confirmed they would be leaving in the summer. Sidwell said that he genuinely has not had a conversation with anyone yet. Heitinga said that he would hold talks with Felix in the next 2 weeks. Richardson and Parker both said they would stay and Dejagah has said that he has a contract and would not discuss further.

Make of that what you will but I personally dont think that losing Kasami and Mitroglou is that bad, as I have said previously we can reinvest the Mitroglou money into a proven Championship goalscorer. I think it would be a bonus if Heitinga stayed simply for some experience in the defence.

A casual car parking chat has SEVEN players tell a stranger all about their future plans.

How can this not be true?

f321ffc

Quote from: alexbishop on May 11, 2014, 07:24:26 PM
All this about Mitroglu leaving really is weird, we paid £12 million for him if you believe reports in the press, and  he`s under contract to

And who is going to pay anywhere near what we paid for him?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Macedo

Actually after the game when I Was having a cuppa in the Cottage, Martha
the Tea Lady told me in confidence that she want be here next season.
She said she was moving to Brentford, because they use a dearer and better
flavoured teabag (Apparently Yorkshire Extra Strong) not the
Cheap 200 for a £1-00 Lidl ones they use at the Cottage..

Bill2

Well for the two names you mentioned it is reason to celebrate, Mitrog never saw play and those who did on here did not rate and as for Kasami well I have said enough about him on here and at the matches so no loss there. But of course their desire to move on depends on other teams wanting to buy them.

alexbishop

Quote from: f321ffc on May 11, 2014, 07:33:01 PM

They won't. But imagine the clause would mean we have to accept any offer above a minimum amount or something
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

fulhamben

Quote from: alexbishop on May 11, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on May 11, 2014, 07:33:01 PM

They won't. But imagine the clause would mean we have to accept any offer above a minimum amount or something
yes but no one has a clause for less than you have paid
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

Watching Mitroglu in the warm-up he looks a million miles away from any level of fitness.