watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Derek Boatang

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 11, 2014, 10:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Could he help us in the Championship - he's certainly not a player to pull out of a tackle (3 yellows in 5 starts) his passing accuracy is around the 80% mark......could he be the protector for someone like Chris David....just a thought

simplyfulham

Nah, he's pretty woeful in truth.

Ship him off out.

FPT

As much as I love Daddy Cool, I'd rather see us get someone like Nathaniel Chalobah on loan, or even use Sol Sambou.

Bronaldinho

Boateng would be the ideal man to replace Diarra in that role.

Let him sit back, break everything up.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

MJG

I'm pretty sure he was on a one year contract with an option. Suspect he will be on his way as was training with the U21's when i visited MP.

Deanothefulhamfan

Not fussed by Boateng in the slightest..... was his biggest critic before we signed him, and remained disappointed when he wore the shirt.

Awful player imo

Craven Mad

Quote from: FPT on May 11, 2014, 10:32:27 PM
As much as I love Daddy Cool, I'd rather see us get someone like Nathaniel Chalobah on loan, or even use Sol Sambou.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 12, 2014, 03:08:14 PM

Sambou is a top player. Would be good to see how he does in the Championship.

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 12, 2014, 03:23:23 PM

Sambou is a little pocket battleship and a stopper, but he has a hell of a long way to go before I'd stick him in the first team. We think Sidwell's passing is poor, not sure what some would think of Sambou's

domprague

We were linked with Boateng for quite a few transfer windows but when he arrived Jol did not seem to rate him at all. Strange.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: domprague on May 12, 2014, 04:30:07 PM
We were linked with Boateng for quite a few transfer windows but when he arrived Jol did not seem to rate him at all. Strange.

agreed. seemed like the interest both started and ended with Jol.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 12, 2014, 04:35:39 PM

agreed. seemed like the interest both started and ended with Jol.
well I'm sure all those involved in the transfer all got their cut

Southcoastffc

I thought we were getting a gritty defensive midfielder - great! - instead we got someone who looked as if he'd hardly played football at professional level. Yellow cards were more for arriving late in the tackle than 'over exuberance'.  A huge disappointment and I can't see any way back for him after being shunned by Jol, Rene and Felix.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

EJL

I liked the look of Boateng during preseason, particularly against Betis and Bremen (where he was our only good player). He's done okay - not nearly as badly as many are describing - but I wouldn't be fussed if he left the club.

FPT

Quote from: MJG on May 12, 2014, 03:34:57 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 12, 2014, 03:23:23 PM

Sambou is a little pocket battleship and a stopper, but he has a hell of a long way to go before I'd stick him in the first team. We think Sidwell's passing is poor, not sure what some would think of Sambou's

By the way, that wasn't me saying we must start Sambou next season.

Humbled

Good player. Completely mugged by the club.
Happened a lot in the past 2 seasons unfortunately.

hovewhite

If he wasn't going to be used first team wise,didn't understand the signing.
Think he'd be good in champioship.

Riverside

Don't understand what went on with him

When I saw him play he looked decent

But 3 ( or 5 ) managers in a row including the one who signed him didn't seem to rate him .....

TheManOnTheBus

Another bizarre Fulham (Jol) transfer.  Year or two of chasing him. Succeed in signing him. Doesn't feature (even by Jol).

Two Ton Ted

It certainly does seem the strangest of transfers. Jol spend 2 years trying to sign him and then signs Parker 5 minutes later and duly ignores him.

Never ever bloody anything ever.