watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

At least we shut the Palace mob up!!

Started by Nick Bateman, May 11, 2014, 10:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

The superb goal by Chris David in the 93rd minute was a bright moment for what has been a disappointing season.  But it happened when the rabble from Palace were at full voice, singing incessantly without rhyme or reason, but obviously celebratory of a conceived relegation for THEM was turned around.

When I saw the substitution of Kakaniklic with David, I questioned Magath's wisdom.  I thought Dejagah would have been better or young Patrick Roberts.  But David was SUPERB!

His excellent passing was on show, and was integral in many of our attacks.  He set up Dejagah creating an easy chance with a lofted pass with backspin to drop it on-a-plate just before the end but Ashcan failed to take advantage.  I thought that was it.

Then in the 3rd minute of an added 3 minutes he hit that wonderful silky shot into the roof of the corner which left every Fulham fan with a smile and the Palace rowdies a slight bitter after-taste.

Fulham deserved no less.  What it shows to me is, Magath does make big and bold decisions and does identify with which players are not pulling their weight and if he stays will do a good job in our revival.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

epsomraver

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 11, 2014, 10:30:31 PM
The superb goal by Chris David in the 93rd minute was a bright moment for what has been a disappointing season.  But it happened when the rabble from Palace were at full voice, singing incessantly without rhyme or reason, but obviously celebratory of a conceived relegation for THEM was turned around.

When I saw the substitution of Kakaniklic with David, I questioned Magath's wisdom.  I thought Dejagah would have been better or young Patrick Roberts.  But David was SUPERB!

His excellent passing was on show, and was integral in many of our attacks.  He set up Dejagah creating an easy chance with a lofted pass with backspin to drop it on-a-plate just before the end but Ashcan failed to take advantage.  I thought that was it.

Then in the 3rd minute of an added 3 minutes he hit that wonderful silky shot into the roof of the corner which left every Fulham fan with a smile and the Palace rowdies a slight bitter after-taste.

Fulham deserved no less.  What it shows to me is, Magath does make big and bold decisions and does identify with which players are not pulling their weight and if he stays will do a good job in our revival.

You do post a load of rubbish, Young Pat Roberts was not even there, he is with the England U 17's, !what you ask"?" I thought he was Irish with a name like Pat!" George Williams was no 52 so you can get it right next time you treat us to YOUR WISDOM

TommyFFCGun

Quote from: Nick Bateman on May 11, 2014, 10:30:31 PM
The superb goal by Chris David in the 93rd minute was a bright moment for what has been a disappointing season.  But it happened when the rabble from Palace were at full voice, singing incessantly without rhyme or reason, but obviously celebratory of a conceived relegation for THEM was turned around.

When I saw the substitution of Kakaniklic with David, I questioned Magath's wisdom.  I thought Dejagah would have been better or young Patrick Roberts.  But David was SUPERB!

His excellent passing was on show, and was integral in many of our attacks.  He set up Dejagah creating an easy chance with a lofted pass with backspin to drop it on-a-plate just before the end but Ashcan failed to take advantage.  I thought that was it.

Fulham deserved no less.  What it shows to me is, Magath does make big and bold decisions and does identify with which players are not pulling their weight and if he stays will do a good job in our revival.
Bateman nothing shut the Palace up they were vibrant all game. CC was as quiet as I have seen it in a long time today. Can't blame the fans though after the tosh that has been served up this season. Not sure I share your faith in Felix Magoo. His alienation of Holtby, who while on loan, doesn't bode well.

Burt

I thought the Palace fans were excellent today. Certainly one of the noisiest bunch, and they never stopped. Credit to them, they could have been much more brutal to us about our relegation.

valdeingruo

They were loud and they were constant, and besides the usual "going down" they were quite witty with "you beat us 4-1 and messed it all up"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

PocketSwan

I was in the Putney end for this game, have to say the Palace fans were awesome. They kinda half celebrated your equalizer - and were in full voice again as soon as Palace went to kick off for both goals. Can't blame them.

paddyuksw6

I thought Pulis responded well to the banter and fair play to him. He took it well!