watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stewards in putney end

Started by johnmac, May 11, 2014, 11:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnmac

was in p3 surrounded by palace fans in colours, when i went to the stewards at half time they said didnt know what colours palace wear so anyone with a ticket was let in to the home area, i asked to be moved to a safer area and they took me to p1 also full of palace fans wearing colours, WTF is going on that anyone can just roll up and stand in the home end wearing away strip and nothing is said or done?
I hope nothing went off later as i left after 50 minutes before i got arrested for trying to see my team from a home end seat.
The club need to sort this and get stewards that know why they are employed and what they are meant to be doing

FPT

We certainly need a more strict away end. Especially in the Championship - Imagine a "neutral" seat when Millwall visit.

Riversider

I've mentioned this a couple of times now, any Fulham fan that buys a season ticket in The Putney End next season is frankly asking for trouble, Millwall, Leeds, Birmingham, Brentford, Wolves will bring thousands to The Cottage, with 3 sides of the ground having spaces there is no need for Fulham fans to sit amongst them,
The Putney End should be an Away End next season and should be stewarded accordingly.

Southdowns White

There were some tourists drinking their beers in the Hammersmith end, one of the stewards spoke to them then did nothing for the rest of the game.

RaySmith

The club should maybe reconsider having the Putney End as a neutral/home fans plus away fans area, and/or its stewarding policy.

When you see or are a victim of overly harsh stewarding at an away game supporting Fulham, then you might think it's good that Fulham's is so lenient, but also feel doubly victimised if away fans get off with taking liberties at the Cottage.

I would avoid the Putney End myself, unless I couldn't get a seat elsewhere-because of past experience,

Bedford White

I feel the club should do more to ensure that the Putney end is Policed properly. If they wish to sell P1 & P2 as family friendly they must afford those "Fulham families" protection. You won't get that protection from a Steward on minimum wage who's only affiliation to the club doesn't extend beyond their pay cheque.

The days of the Neutral stand are over. The club have to consider that we'll be playing some unsavoury teams whose supporters are still, mentally at least, living in the 1980's!

To that end I'd propose that P1, P2 & P3 are reserved for Fulham fans only (sold only to members and not available by any other means). P4 should be blanked off with tarpaulin. P5, P6 & P7 are then for away fans, any away fans found in home area would be ejected. This won't prevent the fans from mixing in the tunnel or area behind the stand so it's still not ideal. The ideal solution would be a separate gate for away fans from Bishops Park but that is unlikely to happen.

It's either that or remove home fans from the Putney end all together, and restrict away fans to P3, P4, P5, P6 & P7 and for certain matches remove P7.

Riversider

We have to use the term "neutral" because you can't have "home" and "away" in The Putney End because their is no way to segregate the back of the stand, so if it's to become an "away" stand (as it should be for next season) then those Fulham fans with season tickets for next season should be re housed in to more appropriate sections of the ground,
Sorry to harp on , BUT families shouldn't be sat in The Putney End next season, end of.

johnmac

Ive had a reply from the club about this problem, they state that all s/t holders were informed that for the last few games p1-p4 were no longer neutral and were for home supporters only, they are saying that our fans must have sold these tickets to away fans/touts if that is so its poor from our own fans, BUT the stewards knew it was home only and did nothing to stop away fans clearly showing off in palace strip and didnt want to get involved
Very sad really   

Berserker

I fully expect to be re-housed
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

hovewhite

Shouldn't happen full stop! Everyone has to flood the club with calls and complain.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Would you prefer the Campbells ????? :022:

LukeJennings

Quote from: Southdowns White on May 12, 2014, 08:19:04 AM
There were some tourists drinking their beers in the Hammersmith end, one of the stewards spoke to them then did nothing for the rest of the game.

This guy was sat right behind me. They took him out for a bit then let him back in!
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Berserker

Well home fans where smoking  cigs a couple of rows in front of me and the stewards didn't do anything

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Martinsback

If the away fans were not causing any issues in the Putney end then why make a fuss? I understand the issues re Millwall etc and in fact I wouldn't let them near to the cottage if I had my way, but clearly this is not the same case.

Dodger53

The stewarding is poor at the hammy end - they let people stand at the top of the stairs near the end of a game blocking our view. Last year that was not all bad!

jarv

I have sat in the Putney end a couple of times in recent years. No problem with away fans (Sunderland and Newcastle). No  trouble anywhere.

Berserker

Southampton fans were horrible last year but generally away fans are OK.

alleysdad's mate got thrown out by police because of an incident with Man Utd fans, and I don't beleive it was his fault

- Martin Luther King Jr.