watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

There was a post before

Started by paddyuksw6, May 12, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyuksw6

About what we would like to see on the forum or how it could be improved perhaps,

I was thinking a chatroom perhaps

Jonaldiniho 88

How about "likes" as in some of those social media forums. U like a post rather than plus one u click a button and it says in the corner how many people agree .

aaronmcguigan

-would love to get rid of the "a new post has been posted, you may wish to review your post" thing in fast moving threads such as matchdays, or move matchdays to a chatroom based environmnent

-maybe instead of the General Discussion/MatchDay/Feedback and Archive, it could be properly subdivided, like Players/ Youth Team/ Away Days/ Pessimism/ Personal/ Transfer Market/ NFR/ Non Football/

-If it was subdivided, maybe show the homepage as a preview of the latest hot topics/most viewed in 24hrs, then an option to pick a subdivision

-If its going to go down the social media route, labelling or hashtag the threads so its easy to find hot topics trending.

RaySmith

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 12, 2014, 02:48:07 AM
How about "likes" as in some of those social media forums. U like a post rather than plus one u click a button and it says in the corner how many people agree .

I don't like that, because it can be competitive -ie some posters will get lots of 'likes', often the most provocative or sensational, and others don't get many - which can put them off posting, and thus you are left with a few vociferous posters, and no quiet or more considered ones.

Burt

We did have a chat facility which was opened up during match days but it was about as reliable as our defending. Yes... That bad!

I believe WhiteJC was investigating whether since our upgrade the chatroom functionality has become a bit more robust.

epsomraver

:046:
Quote from: RaySmith on May 12, 2014, 08:10:26 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on May 12, 2014, 02:48:07 AM

I don't like that, because it can be competitive -ie some posters will get lots of 'likes', often the most provocative or sensational, and others don't get many - which can put them off posting, and thus you are left with a few vociferous posters, and no quiet or more considered ones.
:046: :046: :046: :005: :005:

Berserker

I'm not keen on the like or dislike icons. It makes it too personal
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on May 12, 2014, 01:01:41 PM
I'm not keen on the like or dislike icons. It makes it too personal

0001.jpeg

Sorry
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I prefer a reasoned comment rather than a thumbs up or thumbs down. Sounds *so* last year, but that is where I am stuck...  :dft011:

SimpleTactics

I like the liking of posts. There is no need for a dislike button but I have seen the like function on other fan forums and it works really well.