News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Finally Magath plays two strikers - and it almost worked!

Started by Nick Bateman, May 12, 2014, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Magath criticized his players for not fighting, yet every match he elected for 1 striker sometimes a lone 17 year-old with little support.  It was a negative approach regardless of the venue or the opposition rarely did he "go for it".

That attitude spread to the team, in my opinion, so he has only himself to blame.

Having said that, it was a far brighter and better Fulham yesterday, we created over double figure attacks, something we have have not done before under Magath's stewardship and Palace were fortunate to escape with a point.

We saw the fruits of playing two strikers when Rodallega badly controlled a through-ball forcing him to turn, but then laid the ball off to his co-striker Woodrow who ably took it inside to neatly slot home.  Had we only relied on Rodallega Fulham would have lost, again!

He continued his attacking vein bringing on a winger for a full-back and Fulham went out fighting in their last home game.  One hopes our manager plays this system in the following campaign to return to where we rightfully belong!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Lighthouse

I am old school so always would prefer two strikers. For all his faults I think had we had Rodders in the side for longer we would have done better if he played alongside another striker. We have always looked better as a unit with him in the side even if his control etc lets him down.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 12, 2014, 01:04:15 PM
I am old school so always would prefer two strikers. For all his faults I think had we had Rodders in the side for longer we would have done better if he played alongside another striker. We have always looked better as a unit with him in the side even if his control etc lets him down.
Thoroughly agree!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

domprague

Worked well yesterday with Rodders winning the ball and then being able to lay it off to someone for once. Especially as that someone was not Darren Bent.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

RaySmith

It did look good - seemed to benefit both players.

I thought the team played well with the huge pressure off, yesterday.

blingo

Quote from: RaySmith on May 12, 2014, 02:10:54 PM

And THAT is the reason we drew yesterday, otherwise we would have lost..

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: blingo on May 12, 2014, 04:39:08 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on May 12, 2014, 02:10:54 PM

And THAT is the reason we drew yesterday, otherwise we would have lost..

Was just going to say, tactically, that there's little to take away from this "success" since neither team had much of anything to play for yesterday.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude