watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 'Curse' of Fulham

Started by cmg, May 12, 2014, 06:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Getting the Spanish Archer from your football club is usually a setback to a player's career. Of course in that most bizarre of all seasons, 2013-14, things didn't quite work out like that for the ex-employees of Fulham FC

Philippe Senderos (Valencia) - despite some injury problems, featured regularly in La Liga and Europa League
Dimitar Berbatov (Monaco) - 6 goals, 5 assists, player of the year and (if he stays) Champions League next year
Bryan Ruiz (PSV) - 5 goals, 3 assists, Europa League qualification [may be back, but I wouldn't bank on it]
Mark Schwarzer (Chelsea) - Champions League semi
Chris Baird (Burnley) - promotion
Aaron Hughes (QPR) - play-offs at least
even Muelensteen may well find himself back at Old Trafford
We even managed to do 'Arry a favour, as Taarabt's exploits at Milan must surely have boosted his transfer value.

Alex Smith (never a leading light) made little impact with Swindon.
The most disappointing was the only one we got any significant money for - Kerim Koyunlu (Frei) featured only very occasionally for Besiktas.

epsomraver

We should never have let Bairdinio go he could have still done a good job for us

cmg

Jeez, ER, I almost had a heart attack there. I thought for a second you had written 'Berbatov' rather than 'Bairdinho'!

leonffc

I was out in Turkey when rumours of Frei going there were doing the rounds and a bar owner said that if he joined it would be for the future as he wasn't ready for their first team so I'm not sure he's been a disapointment. He's just continuing his development

cmg

Quote from: leonffc on May 12, 2014, 06:38:53 PM
I was out in Turkey when rumours of Frei going there were doing the rounds and a bar owner said that if he joined it would be for the future as he wasn't ready for their first team so I'm not sure he's been a disapointment. He's just continuing his development

Yes. I can agree with that. He's not yet 21.

epsomraver

Quote from: cmg on May 12, 2014, 06:33:01 PM

Jeez, ER, I almost had a heart attack there. I thought for a second you had written 'Berbatov' rather than 'Bairdinho'!

No I can safely say that not only should we should have got shot of Berba but we should never have signed him in the first place

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on May 12, 2014, 06:30:31 PM
We should never have let Bairdinio go he could have still done a good job for us

It was insane to let him go. He could have been the holding midfielder we suffered without all season. The guy isn't Iniesta, but he plays multiple positions, is tough as nails, and works his nates off. Plus, he can take a damn free kick.

This was the last in Jol's "Get rid of spirited players" movement, and probably his worst. Best of luck in the Prem next year, Chris.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel