4 years ago tonight. ...

Started by Shredhead, May 12, 2014, 08:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

... We were in the Europa league final.
Do you think we will be back there in another 4 years? 079.gif
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Burt

I did say at the time it was a "once in a lifetime" achievement and experience...

I do hope I get proven wrong though!

blingo

fulhamben

And it still hurts like it was only yesterday
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bog

I'm with Fulhamben here. Never will I get over that night. I do not expect a night like that again ever. (Given my age!)

049:gif 092.gif

Artful Dodger

To me the result was almost incidental in the end...my memory is of probably the best day of my life. I started supporting Fulham in the mid to late 80's when we were at our lowest ebb and away games amounted to about 50 hard core fans! To fly in and meet my Dad and brother and then see 12,000 Fulham fans there will live with me forever!

Let's hope we get another day out like that but I am not getting my hopes up!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

mccscratch

This club can get there again... People need to understand that SK has no desire to be in the Championship more than a season... Mitroglou was supposed to be healthy and save us... he got hurt...

SK wants this club to succeed and will back us as well if not better than MAF... we are not going to do a Leeds or Forest we are not going to be a "yoyo club" either... I think with the strength of the youth academy we will certainly be back in the fold competing for a place in Europe in the next 5 years. Hopefully our first year back in the Prem (2015) will see us finish solid mid table and we will bang on from there...

Felix for all his faults will have this team fitter than anyone in the Championship and that along with our young talent will play a major part in an instant return.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

I'm still so proud of us for being there and for fighting like tigers the entire final, that I'm still not shattered that we lost. I would have been thrilled at a victory and to bring the cup home, but how can you feel anything but proud for what Roy and the lads gave us that season. Magic, magic, magic!  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Twig

Who knows, but what a great night that was. The semi second leg at Hamburg was none too shabby either.  Had a great time in the pub afterwards. Wonderful memories and much more than an old Fulham fan could have reasonably expected or even dreamed of.  Thank you Roy, we salute you.

MasterHaynes

I think the last few seasons have really shown what an achievement it actually was. No other English team including City, Utd, Everton and Spurs have come close despite the English press assuming one of them would win it because we got to the Final so it must be easy. What they all found was that  other countries take this competition very seriuosly and the quality of teams playing in final stages is Champion league level.

JBH

Quote from: MasterHaynes on May 13, 2014, 12:29:55 PM
I think the last few seasons have really shown what an achievement it actually was. No other English team including City, Utd, Everton and Spurs have come close despite the English press assuming one of them would win it because we got to the Final so it must be easy. What they all found was that  other countries take this competition very seriuosly and the quality of teams playing in final stages is Champion league level.

Our noisy Neighbours won it!

Bill2

Quote from: JBH on May 13, 2014, 01:23:27 PM

They did, but only after getting knocked out of Champions League, I wonder how they would have fared if they had to play all those early rounds at those remote Russian locations. You look at all the teams we beat which are now playing in CL.

Shredhead

Quote from: Bill2 on May 13, 2014, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: JBH on May 13, 2014, 01:23:27 PM

I wonder how they would have fared if they had to play all those early rounds at those remote Russian locations.
If you are referring to Shakhtar Donetsk, it's in Ukraine (until next week, when it reverts to Russia).
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC