watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm not going anywhere!

Started by love4ffc, May 13, 2014, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

I know this is a lot for a first post and I apologize but I just have to say... I'm not going anywhere!

OK yes, I've never belonged to a forum... until now.  While I have followed several over the years (including the one that used to be hosted on the ffc website) I've never actually participated in one.  Thought about posting several times but always held off for different reasons.  Mainly laziness. 

Like many others I came to ffc as unknown baggage from the McBride acquisition.  Quickly feel in love with the club which led me to seek out info about its history.  I have read several articles including "The Foundation History" from this site.  Through those articles, watching as many ffc games as possible and reading forums like fof I have become hopelessly addicted.  That has led me to purchase two ffc kits (one white and one red) and install fof and ffc apps on my phone. 

I've not had the privilege of visiting the Cottage.  Hope to be a "tourist" in the near future and watch ffc in action.  If they are in the Championship then so be it.  I still want to see them and when that day comes, I want to do it all.  I want to hit the pubs, tour the Cottage, see the white's warm-up and catch every minute of play.  I want to breathe in the atmosphere and sit in the noisy end with lots of singing...PLEASE don't make me be in the neutral zone.  I want to be surrounded by those fans that live for Fulham and are the 12th man.    Most of all though I want to bring my kids as I know they would love it as much I would. 

Alright some of my observations – remember these are just my thoughts...

First I'd like to point out that I am not the most optimistic person.  Just not in my nature.  With that said I truly believe that ffc will return to the PL!  May take more than a year but I believe we will return.  What I do not want to see is the club go the way of Leeds and bounce around in the lower leagues.  I seriously hope that we have a quick return and not some 14 year hiatus. 

Khan – Give him a chance....
While I am not completely sold on Kahn as being ffc's savior I do think we have to give him a chance.  Actually I am glad that it was Kahn who purchased the club.  At least he has some professional sports organizational experience under his belt.  We could have had some crazy Malaysian with no sports organizational experience who hires his son's friend to be the clubs scout.  Poor Cardiff.  Wonder which of the son's friends will be their next manger? 

Hindsight is always 20/20....
Someday someone much smarter than I am will do a case study and write a book about ffc and its last couple of years.  They will write about how, why and what mistakes different individuals did to cause the embarrassment and down fall of this magnificent club.  Hopefully something like that would become required reading for all owners, CEO's and managers. 
Side note - If villa are smart they have been paying attention and are taking notes about what not to do as a club.  If they are not then I see them following us down the same path next season.  I don't even think they know who their owner is going to be next year.  Though four billionaire Americans are rumored to be looking at buying them. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa--american-billionaires-7109938

Heads need to roll....
I know this has been beaten to death on other threads but I just have to say it.  Heads need to roll starting with the ceo and the manager.  I know people want stability but if we don't clean house we'll just keep making the same mistakes.  I have no idea who I would recommend for ceo (wish I did) but as it was so perfectly pointed out in a different thread he is the person ultimately responsible for the club's business. 

Felix...
Don't like him.  Not from the start and not now.  Don't care about his credentials.  I want someone who shows some emotion.  I'm not saying we need a crazed mad man yelling and jumping up and down on the sidelines (Paolo Di Canio) but I do want a manager who gets involved, stands up more and shows some feelings.  And just because I don't like Felix doesn't mean I won't be supporting the team or the club.  Just means I don't like him and I question him being the right guy for the job.  Now if we get promoted next season then I will gladly eat crow and admit I am wrong.

SPRING CLEANING - FIRST TEAM
Clear rational heads need to prevail and clean house.  I've seen the threads telling of who is staying and who is going. I still say dump most but not all of the current first team.  The team will need to be a mixture of youth and experience.  Would like to see Stockdale and Sidwell kept.  It's too bad we can't hold on to Richardson and Holtby.  Youth like Burn and Woodrow should also be retained, nurtured and developed.  Would also love to see some youth from the academy brought up and developed, not sold off.  Thought the U18's did fantastic against chelski.  Don't understand how some people could trash the performance of the youth team.  They don't deserve it! Followed them on the ffc app.  Hope to hear and see that kind of tempo in the first team next season. 

BOTTOM LINE....
I'm not going anywhere.  As I said, I started following ffc in 2003.  Had a hard time back then finding a game on tv.  Yet Somehow I always managed to find out how the team and McBride were doing.  So with the club heading to the championship, I will rely on Gentleman Jim (I hope) and fof to keep me informed.  Hopefully here and there I will be able to catch a game on tv or the net.  To those fair weather fans who complain it's too hard to support a team not in the PL I say good riddance and sod off.  Go support one of the big 4.  As for me...too show that I believe in this club, I promise that I will be one of the first to purchase new kits next year for me and the kids.  Once they start offering them online. 

COYW! 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

What a nerve, Your first post and is required reading for us all. Very clear and nicely put. Please post more often. As a long time supporter I am  proud the club have you and the many others ,who started following Fulham for whatever reasons, are sticking by the club.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jelmo

Nice post.

In response to one of your points, I think that Richardson will stay with us. Cant see too many suitors lining up for his signature. I think he will do very well for us in the championship if he stays fit.

Deanothefulhamfan

Firstly welcome to the board, I am glad you have decided to start posting, as appose to just looking in.

Excellent first post, and I agree with everything that has been said, I look forward to reading more from you.

I hope Richardson will stay, he will be a very decent player in the championship, he was one of our better performers from January onwards.

domprague

Great stuff and welcome to the board

'First I'd like to point out that I am not the most optimistic person'
- You've picked the right club to support.

Look forward to seeing you with your kids at the Cottage. May I suggest the Hammersmith End?

I agree with you about Vincent Tam. *shudder* And the two clowns that bought Liverpool. And the Glazers, loading ManUre with debt.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

filham

Good post, welcome to the board, most of us will agree with most of what you say.

You mention a book, the mistakes that have been made this seaon woud fill a book but it would be a boring book because most of them have been identified already on this board.

fulham1234

Agree with most of your points! However I'm in the Magath to stay camp, he sounds committed to getting the club back to the PL, and has confirmed what we've all been asking for years to intergrate our very talented youth team into the first team. After last season I don't think he will be cutting the players any slack in pre-season training!

MasterHaynes

Welcome to the board and taking the time at long last to make your 1st contribution which was worth waiting for. Agree with nearly everything but Felix. I think this will be a discussion point all summer.
Felix is like Marmite( avery strong flavoured thick gooey spread) you either hate him or love him there does not seem to be any inbetween. Still as you say if we start like a train playing a lot of our youth next season that should win over all the sceptics for a while but I'm sure the argument will come back as/if we approach a promotion run in that anyone would could have one with these youngsters and we should ditch him for a proven premiership manahger on our return.

grandad

I was quite enjoying your post until the Felix issue came up. I then lost interest. He is here to rebuild . End of. I would much rather a manager sat in the dug out quietly contemplating what is happening on the pitch. Players have had a week of training to know what tactics to play. If he wants to change things he doesn´t have to scream it out for the opposition to know what he is planning.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: grandad on May 13, 2014, 12:57:17 PM
I was quite enjoying your post until the Felix issue came up. I then lost interest. He is here to rebuild . End of. I would much rather a manager sat in the dug out quietly contemplating what is happening on the pitch. Players have had a week of training to know what tactics to play. If he wants to change things he doesn´t have to scream it out for the opposition to know what he is planning.

Name me a good manager that sits there in silence, and does not shout at his team.... I can only think of Roy, not many others though.

jarv

love4ffc

Thanks to those who are making me feel welcomed. 

As said I'm just not a Felix fan.  I'm also no Liverpool fan but I do like Rodgers.  I like his style and think he is an example for the perfect blend of what I'd like to see in an ffc manager.  You'll see him standing most of the match fairly quiet.  Then when needed you'll catch him giving a whistle and shout to get the lads attention on the pitch so he can give his orders for things that need to be addressed at any given moment.  I get the feeling watching Rodgers that he is in tune with the game and can feel its pulse.  Felix I just see as being flat lined on the monitor with no pulse what so ever.   

Again, just because I don't like him and don't think he'll be a long term manager for the club doesn't mean I don't wish him all the success in turning things around. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

epsomraver

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 13, 2014, 01:10:20 PM
Quote from: grandad on May 13, 2014, 12:57:17 PM

Name me a good manager that sits there in silence, and does not shout at his team.... I can only think of Roy, not many others though.

Our two best managers actually, Roy as you said and Tigana, do we need a Pubis or Holloway jumping up and down and ranting the whole game, I think not.

Southcoastffc

While I do not agree with all you say - after all expression of diverse opinion is what a football forum is for - I welcome your post and hope you will contribute more often.   076.gif   (PS don't be put off by the reference by some to 'tourists' - there are a lot of fans who claim to have been supporting the club from before they were born!  I am a Johnny Come Lately of only 15 years and it is as much my club and your club as it is anyone elses!)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Kentish Gent

Welcome to the board. You can really look forward to bringing your family to the Cottage, judging by the reaction of an American family I met at the Spurs v Fulham match. Mum, dad and two girls on their first visit to the UK, although - sadly! - Spurs supporters, and who just loved the atmosphere of an English game. They ignored the fact that White Hart Lane is a modern brick mausoleum. Now, Craven Cottage has got the lot - history, atmosphere, wonderful setting by the Thames.......