watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tunnicliffe to be given chance

Started by Zu-Meister, May 13, 2014, 11:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

Felix Magath has promised Ryan Runnicliffe he will be given the chance to prove his worth at Fulham next season.

The January arrival from Manchester United made just two appearances for the Cottagers before being sent out on loan by Magath following the German's appointment in SW6.

However, Tunnicliffe failed to impress at Wigan, making just five appearances during his three months at the DW Stadium.

The 21-year-old was handed a surprise cameo in Sunday's 2-2 draw at Manchester United after his loan spell at the Latics came to an end.

"I'm sorry I had to put players like Tunnicliffe out of the team in February," said Magath. "The squad was too big so I had to send some away.

"Now he's back. Everybody gets a chance with me. At that time I wasn't able to give him a chance, but now the situation is different so I thought why not?           

"He will get his chance, like others, in the next season too."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tunnicliffe-assured-over-fulham-future-7109990?utm_source=Get+West+London&utm_medium=twitter

Jack Fulham

Treatment of Cole and Tunnicliffe was pretty terrible. Shipped out as soon Magath came in without time to settle in at Fulham.

Pluto

Jeez so many misprints in this article I don't know where to start! They could have at least proof-read it.....

Lighthouse

So he played against Manchester United in a cameo appearance on Sunday. No wonder he only came on as sub against Palace. Still, glad our manager will have time now to actually look at the squad he has.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

leonffc

Quote from: Jack Fulham on May 13, 2014, 11:46:22 AMTreatment of Cole and Tunnicliffe was pretty terrible. Shipped out as soon Magath came in without time to settle in at Fulham.

I take your point about allowing them to settle but we don't know how they were treated. Everyone assumes that he kicked them straight out of the door with out so much of a word.
 I would imagine that in a professional club, even one as badly ran as ours this year, the coaching staff know enough about sports psychology and general coaching to fully explain the reasons for them going (squad too big) and that the club fully kept an eye on them and kept in touch to make them feel wanted.
 That's what I would imagine. Of course I could well be wrong.

Rhys Lightning 63

Good. I really like the look of Tunnicliffe
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 13, 2014, 01:03:34 PM
Really? I think he's ugly  :005:

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 13, 2014, 01:30:17 PM

Yeah, but he looks like the kind of guy who'll make you a nice breakfast the morning after

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on May 13, 2014, 11:56:56 AM
Jeez so many misprints in this article I don't know where to start! They could have at least proof-read it.....

Preef-rooding is not highly valued these days, sadly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

domprague

:005:
Yeah, but he looks like the kind of guy who'll make you a nice breakfast the morning after
[/quote]
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

theFFCfan

Quote from: HatterDon on May 13, 2014, 02:08:33 PM

wow.....hope that was a joke

Craven Mad

:005:

Nicely done..

alfie

I actually burst out laughing at this, my wife gave me such a strange look.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Big Martin Jol

I'm not sure what I think of him to be completely honest, to me he's seemed pretty quiet but that's not necessarily bad. Maybe he'll find his feet with us in the Championship.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 13, 2014, 01:40:48 PM

Reither, are you coming out?   :005:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 13, 2014, 04:49:36 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 13, 2014, 01:40:48 PM

Reither, are you coming out?   :005:

Nope. Anyone in any doubt can check my internet history