News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix Magath - just doesn't feel like the right fit !

Started by howitis, May 13, 2014, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

Whilst I appreciate that he has had to work with the hand he was dealt, I just don't have a positive feeling about FFC with him at the helm.
After 2-3 years of decline and now relegation, I feel that we can ill afford to start another season or rebuilding process with the wrong man. Nothing I have seen to date installs me with any confidence.
His team selection and tactics have been baffling at times and there just doesn't appear  to be a good relationship between players and management. The demise of Holtby through the tenure of Magath makes me uneasy. There was a player busting a gut to keep Fulham up and yet for one reason or another he was unable to hold down a regular position or first team place. By the end of the campaign he looked a shadow of his former self.
I applaud West Brom for acting quickly and realising they have the wrong man at the helm. Just because we have had 3 different managers last season does not mean that we should stick with Felix.
I think the combination now of Khan/Mackintosh/Magath is fundamentally flawed and we need a complete overhaul. Time for Khan to step away from Mackintosh, take a leaf out of the Al Fayad handbook and take guidance from some of footballs top names.

JBH

Sorry but I strongly disagree regarding Felix, he has not had a chance to bring his own players in since his arrival so give him a chance to show exactly what he can do  :028:

Deanothefulhamfan

I share your concerns, alarm bells are ringing loud and clear in my head..... I was one to back him originally as well, but my views have changed completely..... that being said it is very obvious he is staying... so we just have to suck it up, and hope we are both wrong.

Scrumpy

Just because we have had 3 different managers last season does not mean that we should stick with Felix.

I disagree I'm afraid. Whatever you think of Felix we really do have to give a new Manager at least 9-12 months before we get rid of them (again). There are things I don't like about Felix, and things I do, but we will all know one hell of a lot more come November / December time.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Dodger53

Felix has had 3 months of mistakes and it seems as though far more of the old brigade are going to start the Championship campain than most of us would like. 3 months and he still played Bent and JAR at Stoke and Burn at right back. 3 months and still strange decisions. Parker, Sidwell, Brede all past it for the Championship battle to come but I suspect thats what we will get.

Andy S

Yes there is always a difference between how the club see things and how the management see it. The players who are leaving and those staying dictate who we buy

horse1031

he will come good.  we need someone who is organized and will make the players work hard like Roy did.  Magath is the guy.  We might not see Tigana type attacking but we will be good.

Lighthouse

I really don't know which adds nothing to the debate. On one hand Felix brought in a few kids after stating relegation battles were for experience. He then put players in different positions and formations. He brought back Rodders after ignoring him and the team looked much better. He walked in and put players on loan without really seeing them to make the squad smaller. Which as he was putting in kids made little sense.

There again he now can build a squad to his liking and he does seem to like it here. So give him until Christmas and we shall see.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham76

Quote from: howitis on May 13, 2014, 12:55:38 PM
Whilst I appreciate that he has had to work with the hand he was dealt, I just don't have a positive feeling about FFC with him at the helm.
After 2-3 years of decline and now relegation, I feel that we can ill afford to start another season or rebuilding process with the wrong man. Nothing I have seen to date installs me with any confidence.
His team selection and tactics have been baffling at times and there just doesn't appear  to be a good relationship between players and management. The demise of Holtby through the tenure of Magath makes me uneasy. There was a player busting a gut to keep Fulham up and yet for one reason or another he was unable to hold down a regular position or first team place. By the end of the campaign he looked a shadow of his former self.
I applaud West Brom for acting quickly and realising they have the wrong man at the helm. Just because we have had 3 different managers last season does not mean that we should stick with Felix.
I think the combination now of Khan/Mackintosh/Magath is fundamentally flawed and we need a complete overhaul. Time for Khan to step away from Mackintosh, take a leaf out of the Al Fayad handbook and take guidance from some of footballs top names.

I agree. I can't put my finger on why but it just doesn't feel right with McGath. Although, as someone else has said, he's not going anywhere just yet, so we'll have to hope we're wrong.

fulhamben

Quote from: Dodger53 on May 13, 2014, 01:54:30 PM
Felix has had 3 months of mistakes and it seems as though far more of the old brigade are going to start the Championship campain than most of us would like. 3 months and he still played Bent and JAR at Stoke and Burn at right back. 3 months and still strange decisions. Parker, Sidwell, Brede all past it for the Championship battle to come but I suspect thats what we will get.
have you got a crystal ball, as far as I know sidwell and jar have gone, so that's 2 oldies gone. That only leaves us with reither brede and Parker. I expect parkers and bredes  positions to be filled in the summer just leaving a first choice rb to come in
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.