https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season 2014/15 Transfer Thread

Started by Admin, May 14, 2014, 03:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 29, 2014, 07:30:09 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2014, 12:31:22 AM
Besiktas have has no response from Fulham over Ruiz and are now reported to be looking elsewhere.
we will sell our players at the last knockings, so that we can say we didn't have time to replace them
and either on loan or for a very small fee
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Ehsan Hajsafi the Iranian 24 year old left back and midfielder may still be on his way to Fulham as Hull appear to have dropped out of the running. But Hajsafi is another cheap option and not a shoe in for a first team start.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Jamie O'Hara been released by Wolves, we havent been linked to him for a while!! now he on a free we must surely sign him (hehehe)

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2014, 01:42:41 PM
Ehsan Hajsafi the Iranian 24 year old left back and midfielder may still be on his way to Fulham as Hull appear to have dropped out of the running. But Hajsafi is another cheap option and not a shoe in for a first team start.

Fantastic he can warm the bench with the rest of Magaths ridiculous foreign signings.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 29, 2014, 02:16:29 PM

Fantastic he can warm the bench with the rest of Magaths ridiculous foreign signings.

He 24, has over 60 caps and played at the WC last month.  He's got age and experience on his side.  Doesn't sound like too bad a signing really.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 29, 2014, 02:37:37 PM

He 24, has over 60 caps and played at the WC last month.  He's got age and experience on his side.  Doesn't sound like too bad a signing really.
Is he good enough to be a regular starter? That's what we need.

God The Mechanic

Well... I don't know.  But I'm willing to give him a chance before writing him off.

Lighthouse

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 29, 2014, 02:52:50 PM
Well... I don't know.  But I'm willing to give him a chance before writing him off.

So say we all but not a signing to get pulses racing.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2014, 03:03:33 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 29, 2014, 02:52:50 PM

So say we all but not a signing to get pulses racing.

We weren't too excited about Riether when he first joined, turned out pretty well in his first season.  Conversely Ruiz got most peeple excited and didn't really work out, same with Stekelenburg.

Lighthouse

James Macarthur Leicester transfer has collapsed

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jmh

Quote from: fulhamben on August 29, 2014, 07:30:09 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2014, 12:31:22 AM
Besiktas have has no response from Fulham over Ruiz and are now reported to be looking elsewhere.
we will sell our players at the last knockings, so that we can say we didn't have time to replace them
If that excuses is offered this year, it'll be a poor once since the players concerned haven't been involved in competitive matches at all (save for Rodallega, I guess) and shouldn't really need replacing.

What do you mean?  Most of Magath's "ridiculous foreign signings" (as if the football played in other countries is somehow a different game from that played in England) have been playing a significant amount.  Hoogland, Stafylidis, Bodurov, Voser all look to be significant first team contributors.  Eisfeld too, but he came from Arsenal so I'm not sure whether he counts as "foreign" through your provincial glasses.  Taggart it's too soon to say because he's been injured.  True Fazlic and Chihi haven't, but they were trialists brought in to add depth and hardly major financial commitments.  

SouthWest6

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 29, 2014, 03:17:28 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2014, 03:14:52 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Won't happen a) he won't come here, he'll remain at Wigan now b) we've got 3 days to finalise a deal, again won't happen.

Next..

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 29, 2014, 04:34:55 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Won't happen a) he won't come here, he'll remain at Wigan now b) we've got 3 days to finalise a deal, again won't happen.

Next..
we have 3 days to finalise any deal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SouthWest6

Quote from: fulhamben on August 29, 2014, 04:38:02 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Next..

But not on a Macarthur type level, sorry. I think you'll find that all transfer dealings (after McCormack) show our intentions, and we won't be spending that type of money. Would like to be proved wrong, but I'm pretty confident.

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthWest6 on August 29, 2014, 04:42:11 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Next..

But not on a Macarthur type level, sorry. I think you'll find that all transfer dealings (after McCormack) show our intentions, and we won't be spending that type of money. Would like to be proved wrong, but I'm pretty confident.
I totally agree, buying a player doesn't go with our asset stripping policy, was just saying its only 3 days even if we want a cheapy

jmh

Quote from: fulhamben on August 29, 2014, 04:45:18 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Next..

I totally agree, buying a player doesn't go with our asset stripping policy, was just saying its only 3 days even if we want a cheapy
Keeping on repeating "asset stripping" doesn't make it true.

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on August 29, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Next..

OK then, weakening the squad whilst making money

jmh

Quote from: fulhamben on August 29, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: jmh on August 29, 2014, 05:13:16 PM

Get on it Fulham!!!

Next..

OK then, weakening the squad whilst making money
That's one way to look at it.  Another way to look at it is getting rid of players who were past their best or didn't want to play in the Championship and bringing in younger players who have the potential to improve and eventually be competitive in the Premier League.  But in any case, "asset stripping" imparts an insidious motivation to what's gone on, and one which you have absolutely no basis to believe is accurate.

Captain Fulhamerica

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 28, 2014, 09:00:24 PM
Quote from: MJs Statue on August 27, 2014, 04:38:50 PM
Honest question: How much have we spent on transfers, and how much did we receive from parachute payments?

It's certainly seems like we should have more money to spend and not be signing trialists and bargain signings. Makes me wonder if some of that money is going toward the riverside stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This site tries to keep a record: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-fulham/transfers/verein/931/saison_id/2014

but note that the club usually says that the fee is undisclosed so the quoted fees are based on newspaper articles and rumour.

So were about even in terms of sales and buys (especially since they list McCormack at 11m). Surely then we have money to spend. From FM interviews it sounds like clubs are quoting us inflated prices. Makes since everyone knows we have money from parachute payments. Hopefully we will bight the bullet and get a couple more players in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk