watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Europa Cup Final Wednesday 12 May 2010 Hamburg

Started by Southcoastffc, May 14, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Watching Sevilla and Benfica on tv now brings back happy memories.  Great anticipation and pre-match fun.  Wonderful atmosphere and weren't we facing a team of talent including De Gea, Ujfalusi, Assuncao, Simao, Forlan, Reyes, Aguero!  We gave them a game, even though 2 of our heroes (and that's what they were make no mistake) Dempsey and Zamora were nothing like fully fit.  Davies's great goal helped us to gallant failure.  And oh what a laugh we had at the airport! 

One of the best days of my footballing life.      082.gif   049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FPT

It was Duff that wasn't fully fit, but I'll forgive you considering the drinks on the day!

Whatever happens in the next year or two, no one can ever take that day away from us, that journey from us, and it'll never be matched.

Southcoastffc

You are right of course but i seem to remember that BZ was also not fit (and looking it up I see that Dempsey replaced him after 55 minutes so maybe he wasn't either?).  Anyway, no regrets, just happy memories.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FPT

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 14, 2014, 08:27:53 PM
You are right of course but i seem to remember that BZ was also not fit (and looking it up I see that Dempsey replaced him after 55 minutes so maybe he wasn't either?).  Anyway, no regrets, just happy memories.

It was Duff and Zamora, Dempsey wasn't a key member of the side, but he frequently came on for John Pantsil (or to that extent) in Europe and we moved Simon Davies to right back.

With Gera's European form, and Duff and Davies being brilliant (and from my memory the first) inverted wingers, Dempsey was usually on the bench.

epsomraver

It was a game too far for BZ, I am convinced that had he been fully fit that night we would have won Dempsey was a sub for the final and Roy started Baird over Pantsil that night

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FPT on May 14, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

It was Duff and Zamora, Dempsey wasn't a key member of the side, but he frequently came on for John Pantsil (or to that extent) in Europe and we moved Simon Davies to right back.

With Gera's European form, and Duff and Davies being brilliant (and from my memory the first) inverted wingers, Dempsey was usually on the bench.
Golly, you are of course right again.   :Haynes The Maestro:   My memory re Dempsey is playing tricks with me. 

FPT

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 14, 2014, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: FPT on May 14, 2014, 08:34:39 PM

Golly, you are of course right again.   :Haynes The Maestro:   My memory re Dempsey is playing tricks with me. 

Haha! Roy was way too much of a gent, he wouldn't rest anyone the weeks leading to the final.

Voice from the New Rd

it was a fantastic night.....diego forlan will always be a legend down at GP 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

094.gif

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Voice from the New Rd on May 14, 2014, 09:12:37 PM

it was a fantastic night.....diego forlan will always be a legend down at GP 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

094.gif

You odd little parasite.If we were languishing in League one for god knows how long with our tin pot stadium and inbred clan of fans I wouldn't be running my mouth on a teams forum who have spent 13 years in the Premier League and then have a pop at them losing in the Europa League final.

Creature.

Wingnut

What do Benfica have to do to win it? You have to feel for them.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

brightster

094.gif
Just like trotta will be for that penalty miss! Next time your in Europe will be if there is a war!

brightster

Quote from: Wingnut on May 14, 2014, 10:34:15 PM
What do Benfica have to do to win it? You have to feel for them.

Benfica equal Juventus on losing a RECORD 8 finals in European comps and they do this in the ... Juventus Arena.

Voice from the New Rd

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 14, 2014, 10:16:49 PM

094.gif

You odd little parasite.If we were languishing in League one for god knows how long with our tin pot stadium and inbred clan of fans I wouldn't be running my mouth on a teams forum who have spent 13 years in the Premier League and then have a pop at them losing in the Europa League final.

Creature.

oh dear, keyboard warrior alert  ;)

as i said, great night....loved it