watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players back for POST-season training?

Started by Airfix, May 14, 2014, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Totally agree. It is for one week or two. Internationals are doing it. There won't be any detrimental effect at all

kdjr100

Quote from: RaySmith on May 15, 2014, 05:53:35 AM
Perhaps the idea is for them not to just all go off after such a terrible season, feeling demoralised, but to discuss what has happened, and what will happen next season in a positive way.

Could also be a sort of warming down, getting treatment for knocks, and personal fitness plans for the summer. I bet Felix will not take kindly to those who report back next season overweight or unfit.

I think this is the most likely reason. He doesn't want the team to start next season with the thoughts of relegation still fresh in their minds. Get a few weeks of good professional training in after the season in order to really address the issues and start next season fresh and ready.
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

bill taylors apprentice

I am sure the "training" is specific to maintaining form and measuring levels rather than flat out efforts.

But more importantly I would hope there is some psychology going on.

hovewhite

Thank god he is doin this most of the squad haven't expanded much energy all season anyway
The youngsters like cauley,williams,roberts,denbele are all on international duties at there respective age levels.so work the rest of the squad and find out whose up for the fight!

The Rock

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 15, 2014, 01:00:12 AM
I actually like the strategy. It will illuminate the complainers and vet out who wants to be around. I'm with Lighthouse on this one.

Agreed. I'd even take a pay cut to just 15k a week let's say, and you can make me train all week long!

Irelands_number1

From that I perceive about Magath, I imagine this is a punishment pure and simple. I think it's very refreshing!

In no other profession in the world do you get away with failure; go to another prem team, stay and not get a wage cut because of player power, parachute payments and contracts! The players will still get a holiday lets face it, how many of them have played well enough to deserve a world cup place.

Texas White

Quote from: RidgeRider on May 15, 2014, 01:00:12 AM
I actually like the strategy. It will illuminate the complainers and vet out who wants to be around. I'm with Lighthouse on this one.

Agreed 100%