watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Felix lays into Holtby

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 17, 2014, 12:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God The Mechanic

I think he'd have been more effective had he played with Ruiz or Berba, and equally Berba or Ruiz would have been better had they played with him.  We in effect replaced almost like for like Ruiz who wasn't working in the context of our squad and expected a different outcome.

RidgeRider

Old news. I am going to merge with the existing thread.

RaySmith

He'd seemed one of our most committed and hard working players.

Did he lose it mentally or what?

Felix seems to think he just gave up.

Admin

Quote from: RaySmith on May 17, 2014, 02:54:16 PM
He'd seemed one of our most committed and hard working players.

Did he lose it mentally or what?

Felix seems to think he just gave up.

He did towards the end, he had a massive slump when he got caught cheating on his girlfriend, missed one game I think, and was no existent or not 100% in a few. I agree, each to their own, but a bit irresponsible especially when your mind needs to be focused. 

Berserker

To be honest if your private life is is disarray, especially if it is public, it's going to affect your work. I know people will say it shouldn't if your a proffessional but even football players are human beings.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

St Eve

Maybe Felix should not have picked him then

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: St Eve on May 19, 2014, 01:51:57 AM

FM is really grating on me, I dont like the fact he is picking out Holtby.... Ok he was poor in our last few games, but he was out of position. He ws one of our only creative players, and to single him out for critism is highly unfair imo.

As st eve points out, why did he continue to play him if he felt he wasn't playing or fighting enough. FM is more to blame for our downfall than Holtby imo

JBH

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 19, 2014, 06:14:40 AM
Quote from: St Eve on May 19, 2014, 01:51:57 AM

FM is really grating on me, I dont like the fact he is picking out Holtby.... Ok he was poor in our last few games, but he was out of position. He ws one of our only creative players, and to single him out for critism is highly unfair imo.

As st eve points out, why did he continue to play him if he felt he wasn't playing or fighting enough. FM is more to blame for our downfall than Holtby imo

Sorry but unless you know all the facts surrounding this issue then you really shouldn't blame either party, I take it you just don't like Felix and will use any excuse to have a go at him :028:

VicHalomsLovechild

I don't read it as having a go at him. He says he's a skillful player but on reflection he didn't pick the right club to suit his skills. While Sunderland did show some grit we couldn't/didn't. It wasn't just Holtby was it?

Deanothefulhamfan

No I am not a fan of FM, but I am not a fan of him singling out 1 player, who in my mind had very little impact on our relegation. I could name at least 6 more players who I feel contributed to our relegation more than Holtby, but the fact of the matter was it was a combined effort from several party's at every possible level within the club....

My point was that he continued to play him, and then speaks badly afterwards....

Frank

When Felix likes a player he criticize him a lot because he wants him to improve.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 19, 2014, 07:40:01 AM
   I don't read it as having a go at him. He says he's a skillful player but on reflection he didn't pick the right club to suit his skills. While Sunderland did show some grit we couldn't/didn't. It wasn't just Holtby was it?

I agree with this ..............

JBH

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 19, 2014, 08:27:08 AM
No I am not a fan of FM, but I am not a fan of him singling out 1 player, who in my mind had very little impact on our relegation. I could name at least 6 more players who I feel contributed to our relegation more than Holtby, but the fact of the matter was it was a combined effort from several party's at every possible level within the club....

My point was that he continued to play him, and then speaks badly afterwards....

So really you just don't like Felix so you are singling him out for critism just like he did Holtby?

How do you know that he didn't have a talk to Holtby about his performances before the Stoke game and told him to sort it out which Holtby ignored and put in another poor performance so FM subed him during that game and didn,t play him again?

As I said earlier unless you know the full facts etc.etc

HatterDon

Certainly, if everybody on this site and every other site has the right to criticize every Fulham player in public, than Felix has the right to as well.

Tempest in a teapot. Some folks are having a hard time this summer because -- you know -- Roy and MAF always told us constantly what they were thinking and planning, and Felix and Khan aren't. In the immortal words of Bob Dylan,

"You know, a lot of people don't have enough to eat,
but they have knives ... and forks ...
... and they gotta cut something."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

I am sorry JBH, I said the blame lies with several people, at different levels of the club. I am annoyed that he has singled out Holtby, and if he pulled him off at Hull for lack of fight, I am even more furious for him playing Holtby at Stoke, it makes no logical sense.

I also find it funny, that Holtby under RM was a "fighter" and battled more than most. I think if you are going to point the finger for blame then using a loan player is a very cheap shot. That's the point I am trying to make....

alfie

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on May 20, 2014, 04:47:14 AM
I am sorry JBH, I said the blame lies with several people, at different levels of the club. I am annoyed that he has singled out Holtby, and if he pulled him off at Hull for lack of fight, I am even more furious for him playing Holtby at Stoke, it makes no logical sense.

I also find it funny, that Holtby under RM was a "fighter" and battled more than most. I think if you are going to point the finger for blame then using a loan player is a very cheap shot. That's the point I am trying to make....

I don't know for sure why you are annoyed because he played him, it is quite obvious that you have very good football knowledge so you must know that you are never sure how a player is going to perform until that player steps on the pitch, it is possible that FM asked him to do a specific thing and he did not do it or could not do it  or even did not want to do it, and as none of us were/are in the dressing room prior to the matches we just don't know. All of us can sit behind our keyboards and guess, assume or even have a feeling but we don't really know.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

At the time Felix said he took him off against Hull because he was too anxious -or words to that effect.

Felix's English, though  very good , means that is not always able to make his meaning clear, and so I think that he is critical of Holtby because he didn't have the right temperament for Fulham at this time, and would have been better playing for a club that wasn't in such a difficult situation.