watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, May 17, 2014, 09:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did Andy Townsend get on anybody else's nerves? He was so biased to Arsenal. Hull were unlucky not to get a late equaliser but he kept banging on about Arsenal. They did not play that well and they did  beat a side from the lower reaches of he table not one of the top four. Townsend was the same with us though out our Europa league run saying we would not get through the next round after yet another great result. Twit he is.

092.gif         

Lighthouse

It's the 'let's not forget Hull who made it an exciting match' that makes me wince. As if they were a supporting character to the main stars.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

I've never forgiven that plank since I mistakenly tuned to Talshi## one Saturday during his round-up of the 3 o'clock kick offs.  
He ran through all his favourites Villa, Chelski, etc before the studio asked for his esteemed opinion on Fulham v Wigan who were offering kids for a quid.
" Oh guffaw slurp..... they should be paying everybody to go in to see that one, Guffaw cough... Back to you in the studio"

Ignorant clown

Sorry Bog just the mention of him sets me off!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Forever Fulham

Just a flight of fancy here.  As I watched the game on TV, an odd thought came to me.  I was comparing golfer handicaps to football.  If they handicapped football clubs based on dollars paid per player, then Hull City 'won' that game.   I know that's somewhat silly.  It's all about wins and losses, not about money more effectively spent.  Hull supporters should be proud of what they accomplished, rather than crying over not defeating Arsenal.  They came so close to having it settled on kicks.  Every time I think the Cup has become irrelevant, an upstart takes one of the 'bigs' to the wall, and sometimes (Wigan) shocks the world.  Got to love that.

King_Crud

the guy is a knob, has made me turn the sound off when watching champions league matches. Surprisingly enough, not everyone in England wants the English team to win

Macedo

Numpty, along with the presenter Adrian Chiles.
Well Keano how do think the second half will go, what have they
got to do to turn it round?
Oh sorry Ive asked you that 3 times already.
Lee Dixon what do you think they will have to do to turn it round.. fp.gif
Hillarious. .

bog

I felt for the Hull fans, those seen praying in the final minutes reminded me at Hamburg form the 116th minute onwards ....the drive home must have been a long one...like us Fulham supporters back in 2010. Townsend is a twit/knobhead. What is even more annoying is that he is on a fat salary for just commenting and not doing anything of any note. Grrrr. :dft007: 

092.gif

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: King_Crud on May 18, 2014, 01:54:58 AM
the guy is a knob, has made me turn the sound off when watching champions league matches. Surprisingly enough, not everyone in England wants the English team to win
well said! I never want english clubs to win anything in europe. Champs league or europa. It makes me sick how the europa league is a joke until tottenham are in it, or united/ chelsea drop into it. Then all of a sudden its big enough to be on itv1.Why on earth would I cheer for clubs like arsenal who cry for a 9 year trophyless period? Do they care about us waiting over 100years. Can't stand that mug townsend or anyone on itv/motd for that matter. The football league show might actually be enjoyable as a fulham fan. Big clubs have killed football for me
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bog

Totally agree with all the answers. ITV is useless at showing football. When they had the highlights of the Premiership it was so biased to the big clubs. Outside of the 'big four' would have about 90 seconds. Bunch of dimwitted fat arses they are.   :dft007:

092.gif

PeterFFC

For the World Cup is it BBC get half and ITV get the other?
And do they both get the Final?

bog

To PeterFFC. I think they do share but not the final I think that is BBC. 

092.gif

dartfordwhite

The whole media set up is awful for itv football (actually football in general come to think of it). Adrian Chiles knows sod all about football and appears to only repeat a few sentences over and over. It really got to me when he kept saying "Someone hasn't given Hull the script!". The script?! That they are expected to lay down for Arsenal? The two teams in the final have an equal right to be there, regardless of squad size or wealth and so should be treated equally in coverage.
And whoever hired their pitch-side interviewer should be shot. The guy never asked a question, he merely reeled of cliché statements "This must be very hard to take Steve", "You couldn't have asked for more from your players". Credit to Bruce for managing to say something that wasn't steeped in sarcasm after having these words said at him because I certainly would have. This style of interview is all too common in football; it's sloppy, repetitive and boring.
I also recall hearing at one point a commentator (not sure which one) say "Arsenal have got to score if they want to win this"  fp.gif

bog

I thought the final was the best one in years, mind you Wigan's win was wonderful, so many of those when the 'big boys' play each other have been boring rubbish. When a 'smaller' club gets to Wembley the media bang on about how the big clubs aren't interested anymore. I heard that about Hull not reading the script. Shut up!!!! I SO wish Hull had won.   :dft007:

092.gif

alfie

Personally i could not give 2 hoots about Hull, they could have let us have our 2-0 win,  nah only joking.......   Sorry to say but the overall better team won, it is a shame that Hull scored so early gave Arse bit of a kick, Arsenal could have had a couple more goals as well with Gibbs hitting over and then they hit the bar. As we know only to well it is not over until it is over.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

OldBrownShoe

Hope I am not being off message here but think this was one of those occasionally exciting Cup Finals. It is not often I would use the term exciting in conjunction with anything Arsenal.

However I thought ITV's coverage and punditry was dreadful.  Is it me but thought the ref Lee Probert had a bit of a 'mare?

And weren't the Arse supporters relatively quiet throughout  :dead horse: until those last few minutes.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again