watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR:Plantar Fasciitis

Started by Berserker, May 18, 2014, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

I think I have Plantar Fasciitis. Does anybody have any advice on how to treat this, exercise etc. Also how to stop it occurring again?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bucksfulham

Treating heel pain (from NHS website)

There are a number of treatments that can help relieve heel pain and speed up your recovery. These include:
resting your heel – try to avoid walking long distances and standing for long periods
regular stretching – stretching your calf muscles and plantar fascia
pain relief – using an icepack on the affected heel and taking painkillers, such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
wearing good-fitting shoes that support and cushion your foot – running shoes are particularly useful
using supportive devices such as orthoses (rigid supports you put inside your shoe) or strapping

VicHalomsLovechild

Berserker

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 18, 2014, 11:16:28 AM
Do you run or jog?

No I don't run or jog. I have been delivery a lot of letters and leaflets lately for local elections, proabaly a couple of hours a day, so think that might have done it.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nero

Lighthouse

Put rolled up socks in the heel of you shoe, or those plastic heel things that raise you heel a little. Try and rest the heel but try and put your feet flat on the ground when sitting. In otherwords support and rest. It all depends but the heel pain can be eased within weeks. Can take much longer but don't panic.

I am large and was told I would need this and that and this. But as it coincided with the problems of six monthe ago I couldn't rest, just limp. But with support in all my shoes and slippers the pain has been gone for some time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

CincyFulham1

love4ffc

I have delt with this before.  While I got better mine still  bothers me.   
The doc had me take advil.  Also take a small plastic cup filled with water and freeze it.  Remove the round ice cube from the plastic cup.  Roll your foot back and forth across the ice cube from your heel to your arch.  Only do this for 15 to 20 minutes at a time.   Second several times a day do the following stretch.   While sitting in a chair raise your leg so your foot is off the ground.   Point your foot straight out so your toes are extended.   Now using your toes pretend to spell the alphabet.   This will help to stretch your arch and heel.   
Hope this helps.   

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Agree with lighthouse.   All of my shoes have good support now.  And I don't wear the same shoes everyday.   

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Logicalman

I've had this on and off for the past couple of years. Mine is most likely due to my weight gain though I also used to get it first thing in the morning even before getting up, but treatment, as lighthouse says, is resting and making sure you get good footwear support. Rotating the foot when resting and stretching the calf is also good for relief.

I regularly take 800 mg Ibuprofen (paracetamol is similar) to help relieve symptoms, and get the other half to gently massage the heel and calf.

Unfortunately this is often related to weight and age (unless you're a jogger, etc), and also walking more on the balls of your feet helps relieves symptoms if you have to be on your feet for a while prior to being able to rest.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Berserker on May 18, 2014, 11:21:06 AM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on May 18, 2014, 11:16:28 AM
Do you run or jog?

No I don't run or jog. I have been delivery a lot of letters and leaflets lately for local elections, proabaly a couple of hours a day, so think that might have done it.

That and wearing the same shoes. If you have anymore leaflets trainers would be a better choice, more support and padding.

grandad

It´s really painful. I developed it when I was nursing. I had to have cortisone injections & wear a surgical implants in my shoes.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham Paul

You need to see a physio who is likely to recommend orthotics. Your foot is likely to be rolling incorrectly suprination or pronation. Unresolved it will also lead to knee problems and poss hip and back issues as well. Use an ice cube and rub hard into the fascia pad on the bottom of your heel as often as poss. Good luck it can take a while to repair.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Some good advise above

I've had the same problem & it takes time & patience to resolve

You could see your chiropodist & ask them to make a simple heel insert as opposed to a bespoke orthotic (expensive & necessary @ this stage?)
This will help avoid problems further up the leg / knee & give support to your heel

3/4 fill a plastic bottle of water & freeze it
Roll your whole foot over it for a number of times regularly

Go to the local sports shop & buy a plastic spikey ball (various sizes to suit you foot)
Roll your foot over it backwards & forwards - as with the frozen water bottle

1st thing in the morning whilst relaxed & lying in bed, stretch your feet back towards your head - gently stretching & holding the foot & heel

Get your other half to massage your fetet

STOP delivering local election leaflets especially for Red Ed, Nick numpty, Nige gis a beer etc   
You know what really makes sense

Sorry mods that was a part party election broadcast for ...?!

It will hopefully clear up in time

win-dup

I had this about twelve years ago. I had private medical cover at the time so saw various people who gave me physio and cortisone injections both of which had no effect at all.
I really thought my active life was over as the pain in my left heel was so bad - I can only compare it to a nail being driven into the heel.
I eventually went to see a podiatrist in Bushey who examined my feet and then made a temporary insert for my shoes made of sticking plaster and bandage and told me to try it out for a couple of weeks to see if the pain was relieved. Within a week the pain was significantly less and the podiatrist then asked if I wanted to have permanent inserts made at a cost of around £190 which I agreed to. They are made of a hard plastic and have totally and completely cured the pain in the heel - not a single twinge since I started using them. Try going down a similar route to this and I hope it works for you.