watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Athletico Madrid

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, May 18, 2014, 05:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Well done to them for winning La Liga, played blinding football all season.

I read somwhere however; their annual wage is £47 Million and QPRs is £54 Million. Or something on those line. Goes to show that sometimes the right manager with the right philosophys is best.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Rhys Lightning 63

I refuse to congratulate them or wish them well. They broke my heart and I will never forgive them for that.

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

grandad

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 18, 2014, 05:07:03 PM
I refuse to congratulate them or wish them well. They broke my heart and I will never forgive them for that.

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

078.gifThat type of money goes a lot further in Spain, you can hardly compare the two. Taxes to the club and players are different.. Not to mention cost of living and lifestyle.

Sgt Fulham

I noticed this too. Such spirit to come from behind at the Nou camp to beat Barcelona to the title... very well done to them.

I hold no resentment against them for the final. Both teams played fairly and made for a memorable and quality final, even if painful for us Fulham fans.

General

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 18, 2014, 05:19:24 PM
I noticed this too. Such spirit to come from behind at the Nou camp to beat Barcelona to the title... very well done to them.

I hold no resentment against them for the final. Both teams played fairly and made for a memorable and quality final, even if painful for us Fulham fans.

The worst bit about it though, which is something that we couldn't change sadly though was the fact our first team and best team werent all fully fit... Zamora for example.

FPT

It's Atletico, no 'h' but I agree with the sentiment. They took on and beat the big boys, and should they win the Champions League, it'll be the most historic underdog story in footballing history.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: General on May 18, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on May 18, 2014, 05:19:24 PM

The worst bit about it though, which is something that we couldn't change sadly though was the fact our first team and best team werent all fully fit... Zamora for example.

They had two big injuries in the first 20 minutes yesterday and had to sub off both DIego Costa and Arda Turan, making it even more impressive.

However, I'm sure I read that their turnover is only something like 5% of their total debt.  If true... ouch.

callumc513

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on May 18, 2014, 05:07:03 PM

Aha, such a bitter ex..

Julius Geezer

Quote from: FPT on May 18, 2014, 05:33:34 PM
It's Atletico, no 'h' but I agree with the sentiment. They took on and beat the big boys, and should they win the Champions League, it'll be the most historic underdog story in footballing history.

Not sure about that.

They have 4/5 players in the World Class bracket.

Burt

Was talking to Mrs Burt about this last night, in terms of the contrasting fortunes of our two clubs.

Both finalists of the Europa league a few years ago. This season, one wins La Liga and is in the Champions League final. The other drops out of the Premier League...

I don't hold any grudge against them. It was a painful night, but their fans were brilliant, and seeing my team in a major final and being with 20,000 other Fulham fans in Hamburg made it for me.

Big Martin Jol

Congratulations to Atleti.

It would be churlish in the extreme to hold the 2010 Europa League final against them. Like any club they exist to win - and that's what they did.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

EdenRob

:plus one:
Quote from: Burt on May 18, 2014, 09:03:39 PM
Was talking to Mrs Burt about this last night, in terms of the contrasting fortunes of our two clubs.

Both finalists of the Europa league a few years ago. This season, one wins La Liga and is in the Champions League final. The other drops out of the Premier League...

I don't hold any grudge against them. It was a painful night, but their fans were brilliant, and seeing my team in a major final and being with 20,000 other Fulham fans in Hamburg made it for me.

:plus one: No grudges here either. If only we had had a younger more committed owner back then.It was obvious in hindsight that MAF made up his mind to sell soon after that.