Started by Martinsback, May 19, 2014, 04:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinsback

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/fulham-turn-to-stoke-striker-1726063.html

7 in 50 for Stoke
2 in 28 for Palace

This is just what we need! Fantastic news. :wine:

Burt

Fulham are reported to have earmarked Stoke striker Cameron Jerome to lead their frontline in the Championship next season.

The Whites look set to cut their losses with club-record signing Kostas Mitroglou this summer, while Darren Bent's loan deal with the Cottagers is unlikely to be extended into a second season.

That leaves Hugo Rodallega as Fulham's only senior striker, with youngsters Cauley Woodrow and Moussa Dembele as manager Felix Magath's only other attacking options.

The German is therefore exploring other options and has taken an interest in Jerome, who has recently completed a season-long loan at Crystal Palace.

The 27-year-old doesn't look to have a future at Stoke and Eagles boss Tony Pulis is unlikely to bring the former Cardiff man back to Selhurst Park.

Magath is rumoured to be ready to make Jerome one of his first signings of the summer, despite the striker only scoring twice for Palace last season.

Toby Ward-Smith

With him we wouldn't go anywhere we need to sign Jordan Rhodes, I thought we were supposed to have a 30 million pound budget

Admin

Guys, guys, guy's, guys, guys... Have we not learned anything yet? This is the silly season come early, you all know that. We're not in for him, can't see him being a Magath type player, and why would we when we have Hugo and both Woodrow, doesn't make sense.

Lighthouse

We have a thread especially designed to stop all these different links. This rumour was put on it yesterday.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Two things at play here:

1. It's the silly season so it's back to 99% rubbish, 1% may turn out to be true.

2. We are no longer a premier league team so some targets which would have been realistic in the past will not be so now. We need to lower our expectations accordingly...

sunburywhite

Dembele will be 6 months stronger than he was

Trotta can also score at this level

We don't need Jones

If fact we are not too badly off in front of goal

We just need to find a way of creating chances
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alfie

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on May 19, 2014, 04:24:40 PM
With him we wouldn't go anywhere we need to sign Jordan Rhodes, I thought we were supposed to have a 30 million pound budget

I know this is the silly season but how do you know that with him we wouldn't go anywhere and we would with Rhodes, is this old Crystal ball hanging around again.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

He's no good without Robson Green

grenadier white

I am on the fence with this rumour. IF we did go for him I believe it could be his level and therefore do well for us. On the other hand, is it really a Magath signing????  1500.gif
Results may not go our way, we may be relegated. But come or shine ill still be there...and so will the rest of the faithful.....that and ill get another Fulham tattoo to add to my many others. COYW!!!

sunburywhite

So long as all Rhodes lead to Wembly
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Craven Mad

Why Cameron when we have Cauley/Dembele? If we're going to buy a striker, I hope it's a smaller/pacier player with high work rate. Cameron would be a complete waste.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2014, 04:30:36 PM
We have a thread especially designed to stop all these different links. This rumour was put on it yesterday.

Yes, but if you just add to a thread that already exists, your name doesn't appear as the starter of the thread! Get with it, Lofty!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Why would Jerome leave Palarse in the premiership and come to us in the Championship? He was playing virtually every week too.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Macedo

Why do some of you keep on about Jordan Rhodes?
He would cost about 12 million and there is no way we will be paying
that sort of money again now we are in Championship.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 19, 2014, 06:20:03 PM
So long as all Rhodes lead to Wembly

Might be the "Rhodes to Perdition" though!

Martinsback

Quote from: HatterDon on May 20, 2014, 03:50:15 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2014, 04:30:36 PM

Yes, but if you just add to a thread that already exists, your name doesn't appear as the starter of the thread! Get with it, Lofty!

That has its attractions...

Bedford White

I have to agree that the fixation with Jordan Rhodes has run its course, for sure he's a good forward, but he's perhaps a little over rated and as such commands far too high a price tag.

If we're to see additional strikers next season then they're more likely to come from abroad. Simon Zoller has been mentioned in previous threads and tbh I feel that players of this ilk and value are for more likely to join our ranks.

Born/Age: 26.06.1991 (22)
Nationality: German
Current club: 1.FC Kaiserslautern
Contract until: 30.06.2017
Position: Centre Forward
Market value: £1.32 Million

callumc513

Quote from: Macedo on May 20, 2014, 07:36:44 AM
Why do some of you keep on about Jordan Rhodes?
He would cost about 12 million and there is no way we will be paying
that sort of money again now we are in Championship.

..and the rest, unfortunately.
Would be much closer to £20m now.