more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Full FA Cup final - 1975 - Fulham's one and only

Started by FPT, May 19, 2014, 05:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX75fRWOB7U

I can't embed it for some reason, but if you have a couple of free hours - I'll be watching it later.

Jem

Broke my heart watching it live. Not sure I want to suffer it again but thanks anyhow.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Jem

Oh hell! I started watching it and have now downloaded it to watch later. After last season what's a little more pain?
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Barrett487

Despite the result, it was an amazing experience in the stadium. I watched it on the box later on motd, but not seen it since.

RaySmith

I was there, but that's the first time I've ever watched a recording.

Well, I've only watched the first twenty minutes, and am surprised how good we look, but don't think I can face watching the rest.

Thanks anyway.

Holders

I was there and have never been able to bring myself to watch a recording.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

I managed to get a DVD of this a while back. So, after 36 years, I watched out big day once again and it reaffirmed my memories of how well we played. But for that silly few minutes we deserved to win. Not even a consolation goal to cheer.

049:gif 092.gif 

Holders

I didn't think we played at all well, we seemed overawed by the occasion. From what I remember, and I've never seen a replay, the two goals were down to Les Strong's absence on the day.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BishopsParkFantastic

I was at Wembley for the final..... Hillsborough and Maine Road for the Semi finals. That cup run was an amazing journey for Fulham. Always doing things the hard way (Fulhamish) - most games ever for a team reaching the final, and all rounds won away from home.  I didn't feel we played at our best in the final, and certainly we missed Les Strong at left back as he was injured - if he had played it could have been the difference, as he was brilliant in attack and crosser of the ball, something we missed that day to my recollection. For me, the semi final at Hillsborough for atmosphere, quality of football and excitement was  better than the final.

That team could play for 90 minutes! The players had real fight and determination, flair, creativity and a superb defence. On our day, we were as good and better than most 1st Division teams - fabulous team of players to support..... and, a thought for today's Fulham supporters - that cup final team, with its huge experience and quality, could not achieve promotion!

grandad

I was at virtually every one of our marathon journey. I only missed some of the early round replays. The thing that stood out for me was our great passing game. The ball hardly left the ground. Really gutted in the Final & poor Peter Mellor´s errors. He was previously fantastic in previous matches.
My dislike for West Ham started from this game.
I will for ever treasure my scarf, rosette, ticket & programme.
Where there's a will there's a wife