A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 19, 2014, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which player gave the biggest contribution to us surviving in the prem for so long?

Van der sar
3 (2.8%)
Hangeland
13 (12.3%)
Clark
0 (0%)
Malbranque
2 (1.9%)
Boa morte
2 (1.9%)
Murphy
53 (50%)
Dempsey
6 (5.7%)
Davies
1 (0.9%)
Zamora
0 (0%)
Mcbride
13 (12.3%)
Saha
2 (1.9%)
Schwarzer
7 (6.6%)
Other
4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: May 22, 2014, 10:10:14 PM

fulhamben

Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:49:45 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:43:57 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 11:40:38 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 11:37:37 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:35:07 AM
I chose McBride but it was a toss up between him and Murphy.  I would have Dembele in this list ahead of Bullard.  A previous comment was spot on.  Had half a good season for us and that was it.  Hughes was unlucky not to crack a mention.  Schwarzers contribution to Fulham shouldn't be underestimated.
yes but that's not the question, dembele was with us when we was flying high, so he didn't help us stay up at all. Helped take us to another level, but we were in no threat of relegation with the team that was around him

Everyone seems to think hughes was unlucky. I feel bad now that I left him out. I just didnt realise people would bother voting for him

I thought he was unlucky to get shipped out to QPR when we had so many other donkeys stumbling around our back line. 
no way, another player that was here a year too long

Well then so was Senderos (two years too long in my book), Reither, Hangeland and Riise . Amorebieta was here a year too long and hes only been here a year.  Our defence was utter vomit this season. 
totally agree, but then they all still looked better than Hughes did
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

jarv

Murphy, no contest. Hughes would be my 2nd choice. He made Hangeland look much better than he is. imho.

the nutflush

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 12:07:54 PM
Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:49:45 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:43:57 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 11:40:38 AM
I chose McBride but it was a toss up between him and Murphy.  I would have Dembele in this list ahead of Bullard.  A previous comment was spot on.  Had half a good season for us and that was it.  Hughes was unlucky not to crack a mention.  Schwarzers contribution to Fulham shouldn't be underestimated.
yes but that's not the question, dembele was with us when we was flying high, so he didn't help us stay up at all. Helped take us to another level, but we were in no threat of relegation with the team that was around him

Everyone seems to think hughes was unlucky. I feel bad now that I left him out. I just didnt realise people would bother voting for him

I thought he was unlucky to get shipped out to QPR when we had so many other donkeys stumbling around our back line. 
no way, another player that was here a year too long

Well then so was Senderos (two years too long in my book), Reither, Hangeland and Riise . Amorebieta was here a year too long and hes only been here a year.  Our defence was utter vomit this season. 
totally agree, but then they all still looked better than Hughes did

In my opinion Hangeland was the worst out of all of them this season.  Terrible choice for captain.  About as much get up and go as my sick grandmother.

mullers

I didn't vote because I couldn't decide between VDS and Schwarzer. I think goalkeeper was our most consistent position. Honourable mentions for Taylor and Crossley as well.

hopper

I chose Hangeland as he has been with us for longer than all those players. Last two seasons though he hasn't been himself right? Downhill since Hodgson. But without him our fate could have been sealed a season or two sooner.

Murphy definitely second choice

dannyboi-ffc

I made the poll and I never put dembele because I saw the players I listed did more for fulham than he did. However, your the one who has misunderstood the point. Surviving in the premiership dosen't just mean the players that made us finish 17th. The ones that finished in the top 10 allowed the club to survive for a lot longer than players who madebus struggle. The question I put to you was who contributed the most. Neither dembele or bullard did, thats why they are not there. Without van der sar, clark, steed, boa etc we would of gone down long before the great escape or europa league. Lets not forget who got us there. They laid the foundations and contributed kind of the same amount
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

premFlem

We Should have more polls, there unclouded
 from misconceptions. Smurphys my choice
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
I chose McBride but it was a toss up between him and Murphy.  I would have Dembele in this list ahead of Bullard.  A previous comment was spot on.  Had half a good season for us and that was it.  Hughes was unlucky not to crack a mention.  Schwarzers contribution to Fulham shouldn't be underestimated.

I made the poll and I never put dembele because I saw the players I listed did more for fulham than he did. However, your the one who has misunderstood the point. Surviving in the premiership dosen't just mean the players that made us finish 17th. The ones that finished in the top 10 allowed the club to survive for a lot longer than players who madebus struggle. The question I put to you was who contributed the most. Neither dembele or bullard did, thats why they are not there. Without van der sar, clark, steed, boa etc we would of gone down long before the great escape or europa league. Lets not forget who got us there. They laid the foundations and contributed kind of the same amount
maybe sustained would have been a better word as some seasons we flourished in the prem and surviving just doesn't fit for me

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

maybe sustained would have been a better word as some seasons we flourished in the prem and surviving just doesn't fit for me

[/quote

We have been relegated which means we survived for 13 years. Sustained would of been right if we had sustained our prem status for a 14th year. 13 of the 20 prem teams objective is to survive. Whether we finished 7th or 17th we still survived 13years. Anyway would the results been any different because of that word? I doubt it, bullard and dembele would still not be there

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 04:15:10 PM

[/quote

We have been relegated which means we survived for 13 years. Sustained would of been right if we had sustained our prem status for a 14th year. 13 of the 20 prem teams objective is to survive. Whether we finished 7th or 17th we still survived 13years. Anyway would the results been any different because of that word? I doubt it, bullard and dembeould still not be there
well I still believe we would have gone down without Bullard, don't believe we would have without demebele. So for me Bullard helps us survive more so than the likes of steed or boa or a few others. Length of time should hat really matter or Briggs would be top of the list. Hell if not Bullard then my vote is for brede. As his demise has proved how costly having a poor defence is

ToodlesMcToot

Murph for me. There are other players who played very large roles in our "survival" over the 13 years (Dempsey's and McBride's goals, VDS' and Schwartzer's keeping, Brede's and Hughes' defending) but, Murph changed the character of the team and instilled a fight in the team that definitely waned as he did. Most influential player we've had IMHO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 04:15:10 PM
I chose McBride but it was a toss up between him and Murphy.  I would have Dembele in this list ahead of Bullard.  A previous comment was spot on.  Had half a good season for us and that was it.  Hughes was unlucky not to crack a mention.  Schwarzers contribution to Fulham shouldn't be underestimated.

[/quote

We have been relegated which means we survived for 13 years. Sustained would of been right if we had sustained our prem status for a 14th year. 13 of the 20 prem teams objective is to survive. Whether we finished 7th or 17th we still survived 13years. Anyway would the results been any different because of that word? I doubt it, bullard and dembeould still not be there
well I still believe we would have gone down without Bullard, don't believe we would have without demebele. So for me Bullard helps us survive more so than the likes of steed or boa or a few others. Length of time should hat really matter or Briggs would be top of the list. Hell if not Bullard then my vote is for brede. As his demise has proved how costly having a poor defence is

Of course the length they was here is a factor, I've had a season ticket for 15years and I find it insulting you would suggest briggs because he was here a long time mainly as a child. Brushing off steed and boa as if they were average joe's who were just here a long time. Did you ever watch either play? How can a fulham fan even compare them to bullard let alone say bullard did more for the club. Bullard was a decent player who's career highlights will be a few freekicks and lots of clips where he was doing something funny, a clown if you like. A bonus for less than a year in a struggling team. Boa and steed were the heart and soul of the side for 4 or 5 years. Along with van der sar clark and mcbride when he joined. Boa only werent himself in the 7 years he was here when he was made captain because he was our best player. Exactly what has happened to hangeland. Whatever way you are trying to analyse the wording of the question you are still way off with that comment

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Burt

Murphy... For the reasons already stated. It is no coincidence that our demise coincided with him moving on and not being effectively replaced.

dannyboi-ffc

Still a day left to vote so I'm posting just to get it back on the 1st page in case anyone missed it.. Looks like we are quite sure who was the greatest though. Good choice. I think it was always murphy, mcbride or brede.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

GrahamG

I'm in a minority of 1 but Simon Davies for me.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: GrahamG on May 22, 2014, 10:02:56 AM
I'm in a minority of 1 but Simon Davies for me.

fair play, he certainly doesn't deserve 0 votes. I'd personally have a few in front of him. My order would be brede, murphy, mcbride, boa morte, vds, dempsey, steed and then davies. But all them players are on the list cos they were brilliant for us. Davies should have as many as schwarzer surely. Schwarzer didn't even contribute the most out of our gks let alone everyone. Van der sar was vital in our first 4 years.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Just over an hour left to vote. Not that it matters. Danny murphy a deserving winner. But if your a brede or mcbride fan who are joint second you might wanna get a vote in. Maybe someone vote for clark so that zamora gets the wooden spoon deservedly for playing for the haha's

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]