A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 19, 2014, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which player gave the biggest contribution to us surviving in the prem for so long?

Van der sar
3 (2.8%)
Hangeland
13 (12.3%)
Clark
0 (0%)
Malbranque
2 (1.9%)
Boa morte
2 (1.9%)
Murphy
53 (50%)
Dempsey
6 (5.7%)
Davies
1 (0.9%)
Zamora
0 (0%)
Mcbride
13 (12.3%)
Saha
2 (1.9%)
Schwarzer
7 (6.6%)
Other
4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: May 22, 2014, 10:10:14 PM

dannyboi-ffc

I know it's almost impossible to pick one player but it will be interesting to see what we come up with as a majority. I picked these players as I believe they did the most.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

hovewhite

Murphy,massive player,right player,right time!

Deanothefulhamfan

Mcbride played a huge role in our great escape survival so he would get the nod for me.....

What a great list of players though..... All heroes in their own right

BestOfBrede

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 20, 2014, 07:38:39 AM
No Hughes?
Quote from: sunburywhite on May 20, 2014, 07:43:51 AM
no Bullard

I suppose I could of put Hughes in considering he did more than zamora. To be honest I only added so many names as a variety and to give options. In my eyes there is only 4 or 5 that did enough to win this poll. Murphy brede mcbride boamorte and maybe dempsey. So would it really of made a difference if hughes was there.

Bullard? Dont insult me, had a good half season to help us stay up and then the followin half year before january he did well. Got an england call up and signed for hull claiming they were a bigger club but no mention that the wages they offered helped him to go there. Greedy prat who got what he deserved when players like etuhu got to a europa league final agead of him. He wouldnt be anywhere near that list. Finnan goma dembele hayles konchesky brevett pantsil volz would be in before him

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Craven Mad

Murphy. Even ignoring his goal at Portsmouth, he is the clear choice.

Our greatest mistake was never replacing him.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 20, 2014, 09:57:13 AM
Murphy. Even ignoring his goal at Portsmouth, he is the clear choice.

Our greatest mistake was never replacing him.

completely agree. But I would say only zamora and davies on that list could be replaced in terms of what they did/ ability.
We will never replace any of the others and thats why they are on the list. They were all brilliant for this club, 1 or two more than others.

im suprised murphy's running away with it. I thought brede and mcbride would of made it a 3 horse race and I can't believe boa hasn't got any

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FPT

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 09:46:06 AM
Bullard? Dont insult me, had a good half season to help us stay up and then the followin half year before january he did well. Got an england call up and signed for hull claiming they were a bigger club but no mention that the wages they offered helped him to go there. Greedy prat who got what he deserved when players like etuhu got to a europa league final agead of him. He wouldnt be anywhere near that list. Finnan goma dembele hayles konchesky brevett pantsil volz would be in before him

I'm not saying he was, I voted Steed Malbranque, but what do you expect him to say when he's joined a new club: "Well I've made a step down actually, Fulham were much better than this."

The issue was that Jimmy Bullard wanted a longer contract, but with his knee, we couldn't offer him that. We were right, he injured his knee on his debut and missed the rest of the season.

We made the right decision, we got to a Europa League final afterwards, but you sound very bitter.

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on May 20, 2014, 11:09:40 AM
id say Bullard, he return from injury was the only reason we weren't relegated years ago

I'm not saying he was, I voted Steed Malbranque, but what do you expect him to say when he's joined a new club: "Well I've made a step down actually, Fulham were much better than this."

The issue was that Jimmy Bullard wanted a longer contract, but with his knee, we couldn't offer him that. We were right, he injured his knee on his debut and missed the rest of the season.

We made the right decision, we got to a Europa League final afterwards, but you sound very bitter.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

my "other" vote was for Hughes

dannyboi-ffc

If a player deserves to make a move to better himself after serving our club well and does it professionally, I have no problem with that. Look at finnan, saha, van der sar for example.
however bullard played 4 games, got injured, didnt play for another 18 months. Came back and helped us for less than a year! Got an england call and decided he wanted a better, longer contract. During his 18month injury who payed his wages? The bitterness I have is the lack of respect or gratitude he showed fulham. Both him and the club knew his knee was finished so how dare he demand a long contract.

Fair enough he leaves and who cares if he goes to hull or chelsea, its the principle. No one made him say hull were a bigger club. Why not just say hull are a great club and its an honour to be here. Why belittle fulham in the process. What comes round goes around and we had the last laugh.
My bitterness is gone now as it was a long time ago and if he was a guest at the cottage I would clap him. But to mention him amongst our elite players, some of whom played over 6 years in the prem and achieved so much more is a bit of a joke.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

If a player deserves to make a move to better himself after serving our club well and does it professionally, I have no problem with that. Look at finnan, saha, van der sar for example.
however bullard played 4 games, got injured, didnt play for another 18 months. Came back and helped us for less than a year! Got an england call and decided he wanted a better, longer contract. During his 18month injury who payed his wages? The bitterness I have is the lack of respect or gratitude he showed fulham. Both him and the club knew his knee was finished so how dare he demand a long contract.

Fair enough he leaves and who cares if he goes to hull or chelsea, its the principle. No one made him say hull were a bigger club. Why not just say hull are a great club and its an honour to be here. Why belittle fulham in the process. What comes round goes around and we had the last laugh.
My bitterness is gone now as it was a long time ago and if he was a guest at the cottage I would clap him. But to mention him amongst our elite players, some of whom played over 6 years in the prem and achieved so much more is a bit of a joke.
lol Saha left professionally did he.?

the nutflush

I chose McBride but it was a toss up between him and Murphy.  I would have Dembele in this list ahead of Bullard.  A previous comment was spot on.  Had half a good season for us and that was it.  Hughes was unlucky not to crack a mention.  Schwarzers contribution to Fulham shouldn't be underestimated.

fulhamben

Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:35:07 AM
I chose McBride but it was a toss up between him and Murphy.  I would have Dembele in this list ahead of Bullard.  A previous comment was spot on.  Had half a good season for us and that was it.  Hughes was unlucky not to crack a mention.  Schwarzers contribution to Fulham shouldn't be underestimated.
yes but that's not the question, dembele was with us when we was flying high, so he didn't help us stay up at all. Helped take us to another level, but we were in no threat of relegation with the team that was around him

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 11:37:37 AM
yes but that's not the question, dembele was with us when we was flying high, so he didn't help us stay up at all. Helped take us to another level, but we were in no threat of relegation with the team that was around him

Everyone seems to think hughes was unlucky. I feel bad now that I left him out. I just didnt realise people would bother voting for him

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

the nutflush

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 11:40:38 AM

Everyone seems to think hughes was unlucky. I feel bad now that I left him out. I just didnt realise people would bother voting for him

I thought he was unlucky to get shipped out to QPR when we had so many other donkeys stumbling around our back line. 

fulhamben

Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:43:57 AM

I thought he was unlucky to get shipped out to QPR when we had so many other donkeys stumbling around our back line. 
no way, another player that was here a year too long

the nutflush

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 11:45:27 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on May 20, 2014, 11:43:57 AM

no way, another player that was here a year too long

Well then so was Senderos (two years too long in my book), Reither, Hangeland and Riise . Amorebieta was here a year too long and hes only been here a year.  Our defence was utter vomit this season. 

simplyfulham

Surely it has to be Van Der Sar.

He performed miracles at times and probably won the equivalent of 40 points by himself over the course of his time with us.

Class.