watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Twente discuss Chris David move with Fulham

Started by Admin, May 20, 2014, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/news/twente-discuss-chris-david-move-with-fulham--13-409.html

Chris David admits there have been discussions between FC Twente and Fulham over a possible move

After an incredibly disappointing season, one of the few positives was the opportunity for some of the younger players to make more appearances for the 1st team. After watching Chris David on various occasions for the U21's, he was one the players I was looking forward to see if they could step to be a 1st team regular.

After Kakaniclic had to come off injured after 30 minutes against Crystal Palace, Chris David took the opportunity to show what he could do with both hands. He was causing the Palace midfield and defence big problems all game and he topped this off with a fantastic strike in the last minute of the match.

The disappointing news this morning from Dutch publication Voetbal International, is that he admits conversations have taken place between Fulham and FC Twente over his possible transfer. David joined Fulham in January 2013 and was no doubt hoping to have made more 1st team appearances by now, even if on loan. Players of this age should be getting regular games at a competitive level, not sitting on the bench or playing U21 games.

David obviously feels similar although hasn't said he wants to leave Fulham but that "The important thing is that I'm going to play a lot of minutes next season. If that's going to happen at Fulham good, but otherwise, I will look further."

He continued "There is contact between the clubs, but I'll wait to hear from my agent or intermediary as to what comes out. I'll keep all options open. Twente is a beautiful club and I know the trainers very well and I have a lot of friends and family members in the region".

All of these comments seem very fair to me but a player of Davids talent should flourish in the Championship and the club would be crazy to let him leave without giving him regular playing time next season.

Craven Mad

Key phrase:
"The important thing is that I'm going to play a lot of minutes next season. If that's going to happen at Fulham good, but otherwise, I will look further."

I have no issue with what he's said. Twente is a good club, he comes from that area, he wants to play. He's not said anything derogatory or arrogant (a la Tankovic..).

I get the feeling he wants guaranteed (as much as that's possible) playing time with the first team; can anyone really blame him?

I hope we offer him what he wants. He could be a star next season and also seems the sort of player who would be great in the prem too, if we bounce back.

Lighthouse

I put this on the transfer page earlier. There is no point in feeling shocked or sorry. The best young players will be poached. The good thing is we don't have to sell them but if David wants to go home then he will do. This was the point we made seasons ago when people said we have a great youth team coming up and we should wait for them and not spend now.

Well this is what happens. We are relegated and the kids are easy pickings should they get a better offer.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 20, 2014, 02:34:04 PM
Key phrase:
"The important thing is that I'm going to play a lot of minutes next season. If that's going to happen at Fulham good, but otherwise, I will look further."

I have no issue with what he's said. Twente is a good club, he comes from that area, he wants to play. He's not said anything derogatory or arrogant (a la Tankovic..).

I get the feeling he wants guaranteed (as much as that's possible) playing time with the first team; can anyone really blame him?

I hope we offer him what he wants. He could be a star next season and also seems the sort of player who would be great in the prem too, if we bounce back.

so you don't see the clubs talking as a key phrase? Hopefully it was an  abrupt he is not for sale, otherwise its the start of assert stripping to make funds available to look like you have ambition
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Craven Mad

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 02:39:52 PM
Key phrase:

so you don't see the clubs talking as a key phrase? Hopefully it was an  abrupt he is not for sale, otherwise its the start of assert stripping to make funds available to look like you have ambition

No, to be honest I'm not too concerned about that; there's no indication as to the extent of discussion. Also, he's said he's happy at Fulham if he gets to play.

I imagine a lot of it is agent-talk to try and force our hand to guarantee time. I doubt we're planning on letting him go.

He's not had much play-time since arriving with us, and had a fantastic performance (with a great goal) on the last-day; he's going to be tetchy about his development and interest is inevitable.

My only concern is if there is (as rumoured) some form of a release clause in his contract.

EDIT: I hope my lack of concern does not suggest I'd be happy for him to go, quite the opposite. I think he'll be a big factor for us next year, letting him go would be a big mistake.

fulhamben

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 20, 2014, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 02:39:52 PM
Key phrase:

so you don't see the clubs talking as a key phrase? Hopefully it was an  abrupt he is not for sale, otherwise its the start of assert stripping to make funds available to look like you have ambition

No, to be honest I'm not too concerned about that; there's no indication as to the extent of discussion. Also, he's said he's happy at Fulham if he gets to play.

I imagine a lot of it is agent-talk to try and force our hand to guarantee time. I doubt we're planning on letting him go.

He's not had much play-time since arriving with us, and had a fantastic performance (with a great goal) on the last-day; he's going to be tetchy about his development and interest is inevitable.

My only concern is if there is (as rumoured) some form of a release clause in his contract.

EDIT: I hope my lack of concern does not suggest I'd be happy for him to go, quite the opposite. I think he'll be a big factor for us next year, letting him go would be a big mistake.
think its my doom and gloom nature as opposed to your lack of concern
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TonyGilroy

Pritchard and Williams impressed last night for Wales. We know about David, Dembele, Burn, Roberts and others.

Amongst the most urgent things for Magath is to decide on the 4 or 5 kids that will genuinely be prioritised for first team football next year and for the club to offer them attractive contracts.

The sheer number of talented kids is such that not all can be accomodated and whilst it would be nice if they could all stay and compete the truth is that some will be too impatient.

A nice problem to have though.

ToodlesMcToot

Everything David is saying is calculated and has been by his agent. He's working Fulham as much as he can and leveraging an opportunity with Twente as much as he can.

The problem Fulham has is that the kid obviously wants his playing time now, and a lot of it. The management and coaching staff likely have a good impression of where he stands in his development and of his readiness to be counted upon for over 40 games next season in a promotion push. The real question is does the - let's call this what it is - demand for playing time jibe with the club's ideas about his readiness?

My guess is that, given that the "talks" are out in the open and that the player is open in speaking about them, Fulham don't believe that he is quite ready for a full time starting role in a promotion campaign and David does.

"My guess" = IMHO

I'm hopeful that can be reconciled and he stays. If not, good luck to him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

hovewhite

Burt

This is the danger we have with any of our potential stars of tomorrow...

Staying with us to learn the trade and develop, or getting their heads turned earlier (too early) by the prospect of potentially playing in the top division here or overseas...

JBH

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JBH on May 20, 2014, 06:02:51 PM
Same story broke in  December

Maybe David is to Twente what Boateng was to us and they just make smarter choices.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

BestOfBrede

clubs may well 'test the water' regarding our willingness to let potential leave on the cheap.
Hopefully, we will flatly turn them down as reports suggest Khan has said that we don't need to sell.
If those clubs that tried their luck, actually see real potential in these players then they need to come back with 'real' offers.
We may well see they sit back and wait to see how they progress at Fulham for another season, before making big bucks offers?

I hope this is the case anyway!