News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poll- who contributed more to fulham surviving in the prem for 13 years?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 20, 2014, 05:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which player gave the biggest contribution to us surviving in the prem for so long?

boa and steed
19 (79.2%)
bullard
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: May 21, 2014, 05:39:07 PM

dannyboi-ffc

Hi guys I know its the same question as my other poll but someone brought up that they felt bullard had contributed more to fulham in the premier league than either boa or steed did just because of the great escape. This poll only lasts a day, I just wondered what the overall opinion is. You shouldn't really vote however if you have not supported fulham long enough to see them all play. Thanks and i'm pleased to see someone sensible winning the proper poll. It proves to me that I'm not going crazy yet
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
Hi guys I know its the same question as my other poll but someone brought up that they felt bullard had contributed more to fulham in the premier league than either boa or steed did just because of the great escape. This poll only lasts a day, I just wondered what the overall opinion is. You shouldn't really vote however if you have not supported fulham long enough to see them all play. Thanks and i'm pleased to see someone sensible winning the proper poll. It proves to me that I'm not going crazy yet
lol, you are a twit. Put it into context, I said we would have gone down without Bullard we wouldn't have without either of boa and steed
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2014, 06:46:24 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 20, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
lol, you are a twit. Put it into context, I said we would have gone down without Bullard we wouldn't have without either of boa and steed

you started it lol, I still disagree. Without boa and steeds goals and creativity we wouldn't of had enough class to survive. This poll is pretty pointless though so I might delete it and start one that people care about

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Logicalman

Neither, just all the goal scorers and the goal stoppers!!

Then again, bit of a daft list tbh, no offence intended, but unless all the said players had been here for the said 13 years, it really doesn't concern any of them, does it?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

YankeeJim

I don't know why Bullard even makes lists like these. Yes he had a great last half a season during the great escape but spent the rest of the time being Mitroglou. That hardly qualifies in my mind as being all important over 13 years. Hangers, Danny, Boa, Hughes, McBride and  even Dempsey contributed over a much greater span of time.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Andy S

If McBride hadn't been injured for a long period we would never been down there in the first place. Steed was a player who could score a goal out of nothing and frequently did.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 20, 2014, 11:53:09 PM
I don't know why Bullard even makes lists like these. Yes he had a great last half a season during the great escape but spent the rest of the time being Mitroglou. That hardly qualifies in my mind as being all important over 13 years. Hangers, Danny, Boa, Hughes, McBride and  even Dempsey contributed over a much greater span of time.

This poll was made to prove I wasn't going mad. I find it very insulting that people would rate bullard in the same way as boa steed brede mcbride etc... I put them players in a special group of our elite players. Bullard wouldn't even make my top30 let alone be considered the best. Your comment is spot on

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

RaySmith

But you can't deny that Bullard was an essential part of the Great Escape, while the others mentioned, and more, were obviously essential to our long term stay in the Prem.

dannyboi-ffc

link=topic=39700.msg537074#msg537074 date=1400656763]
But you can't deny that Bullard was an essential part of the Great Escape, while the others mentioned, and more, were obviously essential to our long term stay in the Prem.
[/quote]

I have never said bullard wasn't a big part of the great escape. But the whole disagreement started when people started saying bullard contributed more than boa and steed. Bullard contributed in half a season. Boa and steed did much more than him and over a much longer period. I dont like stats but if you were to look at games, assists, goals etc.... bullards wouldn't even compare. Im not insulted people liked bullard for the great escape, im insulted people could brand him in the same league as our true greats

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 21, 2014, 12:23:54 PM
link=topic=39700.msg537074#msg537074 date=1400656763]

I have never said bullard wasn't a big part of the great escape. But the whole disagreement started when people started saying bullard contributed more than boa and steed. Bullard contributed in half a season. Boa and steed did much more than him and over a much longer period. I dont like stats but if you were to look at games, assists, goals etc.... bullards wouldn't even compare. Im not insulted people liked bullard for the great escape, im insulted people could brand him in the same league as our true greats
[/quote]and yet without Bullard, we wouldn't of had our best ever finish, or our run in Europe because we would have been in the championship.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on May 21, 2014, 12:44:50 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 21, 2014, 12:23:54 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on May 21, 2014, 08:19:23 AM

and yet without Bullard, we wouldn't of had our best ever finish, or our run in Europe because we would have been in the championship.

But without clark, saha boa morte we wouldnt of got there in the first place. We had been in the prem for years before bullard came along. To suggest bullard should be remembered as a player who allowed us to get to the europa league final is ridiculous. Without micky adams we wouldnt of been promoted to the prem as quickly as we were. Bullard contributed to the great escape and thats it. As did stalteri, nevland, konchesky, baird and kamara who arguebly was more important than bullard. Would you say kamara did more for fulham than boa or steed? Infact kamara probably played more games than bullard for fulham and without kamara's goal away to cska sofia which gave us a point we wouldnt of made it out of the group. So I still do not see your point at all. Just out of interest are you Jimmy Bullard? I find it hard to believe someone would like him that much. Part time player, Professional clown

(mod - just cleaned up the quoted replies)

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

I just looked it up bullard played 46 games for fulham in 3 years! And 7 of them were as sub. Boa played nearly 200 just in the prem let alone the promotion year. Only hangeland has played more prem games than boa. Games isn't everything but it is when boa was one of our best players thw whole time. By the way kamara played 59 games for us, again more than your friend.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]