more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pole - Who has made the most impact

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, May 23, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on May 24, 2014, 05:42:40 PM
I wasn't aware he was a poet as well as a dictator - did he dictate his poetry then?

He did.
His secretary, Pollee Leopold used to run along side him when he was jogging and scribble his
Poetic ramblings, in shorthand of course.
The title of his book of poems was  'Poetry in Motion"........Catchy Eh ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Lighthouse

I am sorry but there seems to be some confusion. Pole Potte was a Polish mythical figure that on Christmas Eve would come and take children away to boil them in a pot to see if they had been naughty or good. If they were good the water would do them no harm and they would be allowed to return home and open the presents. However if the water boiled they would have to return home red and blotchy and their parents would not give them any presents.

Book of Polish Stuff and Things by Anon Lighthouse
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
I am sorry but there seems to be some confusion. Pole Potte was a Polish mythical figure that on Christmas Eve would come and take children away to boil them in a pot to see if they had been naughty or good. If they were good the water would do them no harm and they would be allowed to return home and open the presents. However if the water boiled they would have to return home red and blotchy and their parents would not give them any presents.

I don't believe that.

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 24, 2014, 06:10:44 PM

I've seen that book on amazong.com, Chapter 1 was about Silverware, and the best Polishes to use.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Peabody

Beamer

Have we overlooked the humble bean pole, surely head and shoulders above the rest.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Beamer on May 25, 2014, 08:17:58 AM
Have we overlooked the humble bean pole, surely head and shoulders above the rest.

I will add Peter Crouch to the list  :0)

Logicalman

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 25, 2014, 02:39:51 PM

I will add Peter Crouch to the list  :0)

.. or our very own Knightmare, perhaps?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Logicalman on May 25, 2014, 02:51:49 PM
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on May 25, 2014, 02:39:51 PM

I will add Peter Crouch to the list  :0)

.. or our very own Knightmare, perhaps?

Or the famous French gardening expert and host of "Legumes pour Tous Les Jour"  (Broadcast only on Mercredi)
Jacques Le Baton Du HaricotVert.

At 5'11" he is believed to be the tallest midget in the world.
He also played gauche back for a petit village near Cul De Sac