watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham put £15m price tag on Roberts

Started by JackyFulham90, May 25, 2014, 10:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

To fend off interest from the big clubs as Felix wants him to be a big player for us next season.

I saw the article on twitter,  linked to the Mirror I think

If someone bid 15m would you want the club to take it?

JBH

I'd take 15 mil for an unproven 17 year old any day of the week!

terryr

Chelsea do stuff like that all the time. Buy him and then straight back out on loan.......

PokerMatt

Of course I'd take £15m. That's essentially the main purpose of a good academy at a club our size - make profit from it. He'll be sold at some point, but there's never a guarantee he'll make it, so £15m would be great right now.

Obviously I'd love him to be a one club man and a 100-cap England player, but I'm realistic.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

cmg

If you consider the story for more than 30 seconds you see that it has less substance than a stick of candy-floss (at least the stick has some substance).

Macedo

Candy Floss mmmmm
Long time since I had one of them, or a toffee apple.

the nutflush

This kids been labelled the best talent with the ball at his feet since Gazza.  I said a couple of weeks ago we should slap a 20 million price tag on him.  Im worried that we wont see him for long in a Fulham shirt as 15 mill is peanuts for United and they are crying out for a kid like Roberts.  Im also afraid of what we will waste the 15 million on given our track record of horrible transfer window shopping these past two years.  That's one Mitroglou and one Amorebieta.  I know theres never any guarantees but I would gamble with the kid.

cmg

Quote from: Macedo on May 25, 2014, 12:23:17 PM
Candy Floss mmmmm

Does a toffee apple count as one of your 'five a day'?

Put me down for one. Plus a chocolate orange, a raspberry ripple, a sherbet lemon and some pear drops.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with many comments already made.... 15 million would be excellent business for us, I would love to see him stay, he is a player I can't wait to see in a Fulham shirt but if the big boys want him that badly he will be sold..   

grandad

£15 million is a give away these days. Double it at least if you want to tell the "big" clubs to pi$$ off. They don´t want him themselves , just to stop other teams from having him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Macedo

Quote from: cmg on May 25, 2014, 12:33:07 PM
Candy Floss mmmmm

Put me down for one. Plus a chocolate orange, a raspberry ripple, a sherbet lemon and some pear drops.

Toffee Apple would end up stickin in my hair and mum would say as she
clouted my ear, look at the mess your in, last time we take you to
Seaside, cant take you anywhere..lol

aaronmcguigan

Telling a club 15m is begging them to come and get him. If you want to scare them off, dont give them a price and dont even entertain the idea. Yes the old phrase of everyone has a price but if we don't need to sell, then whats the point in listening to offers.

Just NO

ToodlesMcToot

Really wish we were talking more about who we were supposedly buying than who we might entertain the idea of selling.

I want the rebuilding to be underway already.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Bedford White

Quote from: Macedo on May 25, 2014, 01:19:07 PM
Quote from: cmg on May 25, 2014, 12:33:07 PM
Candy Floss mmmmm

Toffee Apple would end up stickin in my hair and mum would say as she
clouted my ear, look at the mess your in, last time we take you to
Seaside, cant take you anywhere..lol

My folks could only take me places twice, the 2nd time was to apologise lol.

As for the £15m reserve, it's too low IMHO, we should set it at £30m, Roberts is mustard and he'll get plenty of interest.

zschwartz

seems too reasonable to be true. 15m sounds about right. nobody is coming in for that price if true.

Riversider

Just to clarify isn't Roberts to young to have a price tag on his head ? Doesn't he fall under the compensation category ?
I've seen him play live ,twice now , and physically he isn't strong enough yet for the first team, and when he is no team outside of the top 5 or 6 would be able to keep hold of him, and even then as Spurs showed with Bale everybody has a price !
But ! When they come calling it's going to be a battle royale, so we need a decent price, we need a massive sell on fee, and we need a couple of talented players from the buying club on a season long loan ! We will only get one chance to sell Patrick Roberts so we must get it right !

PokerMatt

Quote from: Riversider on May 25, 2014, 02:46:21 PM
Just to clarify isn't Roberts to young to have a price tag on his head ? Doesn't he fall under the compensation category ?
I've seen him play live ,twice now , and physically he isn't strong enough yet for the first team, and when he is no team outside of the top 5 or 6 would be able to keep hold of him, and even then as Spurs showed with Bale everybody has a price !
But ! When they come calling it's going to be a battle royale, so we need a decent price, we need a massive sell on fee, and we need a couple of talented players from the buying club on a season long loan ! We will only get one chance to sell Patrick Roberts so we must get it right !

That only counts before he signed a professional contract.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

fulhamben

Quote from: zschwartz on May 25, 2014, 02:42:38 PM
seems too reasonable to be true. 15m sounds about right. nobody is coming in for that price if true.
lol, that's what the club said about dembele. turns out even Southampton spent more on one player that season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

btings

15m seems reasonable. Negotiate for a sell-on if anybody wants in.

zschwartz

Quote from: fulhamben on May 25, 2014, 04:30:54 PM
Quote from: zschwartz on May 25, 2014, 02:42:38 PM
lol, that's what the club said about dembele. turns out even Southampton spent more on one player that season

dembele was proven talent, an established starter who bossed the midfield. roberts has potential. that said, there's a stupid amount of money in this league... i'll change 'nobody' to pretty damn unlikely.