News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which Of Our Players Would Be Hardest To Replace?

Started by White Noise, June 10, 2010, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Off our current squad which player do you think would be the most difficult to find a quality replacement for?

AlFayedsChequebook

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Without doubt there a few Keepers about as good as the one we have. But the club coudn't turn down 3 million if offered.

Not sure we can replace many players for the money on the form our players showed last season. But we could have a go. However players as good as Hughes alongside Brede would be impossible to replace. It has been said before but one without the other has shown the weakness up.

Hardest - Swart (Although I stand by what I said about showing unusual problems with form)
Hughes/Hangeland.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

How many more seasons do you think Schwarzer would have as our number one - barring serious injury?

The Equalizer

37 now. Probably another 3 good years before we need to look to replace.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

White Noise

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 10, 2010, 10:54:11 AM
37 now. Probably another 3 good years before we need to look to replace.

Agreed. Look how long EVDS has kept out allcomers.

The Equalizer

You can see EVDS is on the decline now though. He's not as good as he was when he played with us.

Jimpav

Schwarzer - experienced goal keepers are very hard to come by. David James would be a good second best but does not instil me with anywhere near as much confidences as the big Aussie.

Bobby would also be hard to replace. His style of play is very unique our biggest results last season were a direct result of his performances.

FC Silver Fox

I hate this type of post and find it too depressing to contemplate.
However, I defend White Noise's right to start it. I just don't want to join in, thank you.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

White Noise

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 10, 2010, 11:09:58 AM
I hate this type of post and find it too depressing to contemplate.
However, I defend White Noise's right to start it. I just don't want to join in, thank you.

Its all theoretical nonsense though isn't it. Nothing we say or do on this board, or any other, has the slighest impact on what happens in the real world.

One interesting thought (though I appreciate you won't want to join me in thinking it :dft010:) is that Roy has not yet had to cope with losing a player he didn't want to lose. You could argue JB but I think that Roy was trying to engineer a departure. Though, as Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson regularly discover, it can be difficult finding like for like replacements at the same level as that of the best players that you lose, I would back Roy to have as good a chance as anyone of finding a good replacement for anyone we have.

CorkCity

Totally agree White Noise Bullard, was a "loose cannon" and was not in Roy's plans, he was a fans favorite at one time but Roy was proved right.
I back Roy 100% to stick to his game plan and find the right players for style of football he plays.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

os5889

I think replacing Gera especially with how influencial he's become and almost talismanic would also be quite an issue- hypothetically!

WhiteJC

Danny Murphy, when he's "on song" he runs the game

LRCN

schwarzer easily. I think that zamora was our best player last season easy but we saw the season before that when he isn't scoring we can make do. Schwarzer makes our defence click. really want to keep him, although james wouldn't be a bad replacement at all.

Steve_orino

Quote from: WhiteJC on June 10, 2010, 11:49:27 AM
Danny Murphy, when he's "on song" he runs the game

I wanted to put down Papa sMurph too.  I was going to reason that he doesn't have a 'proper' backup but then neither does Schwartzer.  I don't think we've seen the Zuberhuler since he signed.

Take all those mentioned in this thread...Schwartz, the duo of Hughes/Hangeland, Murphy, and Zamora and you have the spine of our team which is where Sir Roy  :sir_roy: built first.  Something to learn for all those young coaches on the board  :54:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09