watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Just met Craig Bellamy

Started by Blanco, May 27, 2014, 07:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Me and my dad look after and key hold some villas out in Murcia, Spain. Got a call from the owners telling us that Craig Bellamy was staying at their villa. Anyway, just met him and he seems like a nice bloke. He's always come across as flash and unpopular in many peoples eyes but I thought he was alright. I've got a feeling this is the case with a lot of footy players. Just shows you can't judge people till you meet them.

God The Mechanic

http://craigbellamyfoundation.org/

Seems to do a lot for charity.  Bit of a dick on the pitch though, and has clearly grown up.

General

bit of a dick - passionate...

How someone conducts themselves at work, especially in a public setting as a pro footballer for the most part can be disregarded when you get to the personal off the field player.

Terry for instance, if you went on his on pitch character you would say he's a lion, a leader of men.. perhaps if you met him once or twice too you may be impressed... but then you know he sleeps around and cheats of the girls he's with and knicks his mates girlfriends... sounds like a hugely morally corrupted person.

F(f)CUK

One thing I would hate if I was in the public eye would be that even if I am having a sh1tty day, I cannot show this to anyone.  One instant reaction could be spread by word of mouth to indicate how awful you are.  My wife still dislikes a TV personality because of a particular reaction to a situation, only later finding out that he was heading towards a divorce.

Another incident involved me.  I was standing in a packed pub in Putney before a Fulham vs Chelsea game when someone barged me out of the way whilst leaving the pub.  That person was Peter Duncan and as you can see it still gripes with me some 30 odd years later.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I met Joey Barton once. Bellend on the pitch, and a gobshite on twatter, but actually quite a shy and quiet bloke. My opinion changed slightly about him.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Rhys Lightning 63

I met Craig Bellamy after we played West Ham in 2008. We stopped and chatted for a good 5 minutes about Wales' chances in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers and whether or not he'd be fit for the next game (I think against Germany). Lovely bloke
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

CorkCity

If he is in Murcia he is probably playing golf at La Manga, according to Riise he's handy with a golf club !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

blingo

So am I Corky, but I wait til they come around the corner before belting them with it hhahaahahaha.

mungos beans

Hey blanco lovely city murcia, my mum lives just out side san javier try to get over once a year always take my kids to the waterpark and zoo in murcia. Sorry to get off topic .:)

os5889 mkII

As I once mentioned on here a good few years ago, he's a nice guy off the pitch when I've met him.

Actually come to think of it, if Cardiff and Fulham had a few more like him last season we may well have both been in the PL.
@OsmithFFC

Berserker

Terry's mate wasn't going out with the girl at the time, it was his ex girlfriend, so insult to his mate. Mind you it was more of a insult to Terry's wife and kiddies if he has them.
With Joey Barton it was the cigerette in the eye thing that put me off him.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Blanco

Quote from: mungos beans on May 27, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Hey blanco lovely city murcia, my mum lives just out side san javier try to get over once a year always take my kids to the waterpark and zoo in murcia. Sorry to get off topic .:)

Oh really? I live a 15 minutes drive from San Javier.

mungos beans

Blanco she lives in a village called valle de sol.

CorkCity

Quote from: blingo on May 27, 2014, 01:50:20 PM
So am I Corky, but I wait til they come around the corner before belting them with it hhahaahahaha.

Can you sort out tickets for The Bridge next season ?
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"