Previous topic - Next topic

How far will Roy's England go?

OUT group stage
OUT last 16
OUT Quarter Final
OUT Semi Final
IN Final

premFlem

How far will Roy's England go? I wouldn't be surprised with a quarter final or semi, still highly rate and miss old Roy.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

PokerMatt

I think we'll get out of the group with Italy but being second will have a tough last 16 draw and go out. Getting out of the group will be an achievement in itself.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Reznor

Love old Roy but I'm one of those that believe our players are over hyped by Sky/BBC etc.. I will be surprised if we escape the group.

dannyboi-ffc

How does it work in the group stage? Is it gd or head to head if you finish on the same points. I've got a feeling 5points might be enough to finish top. I can see alot of draws in this group. Us drawing with italy uruguay and beating costa rica. Italy doing the same but uruguay either losing or drawing with costa rica.

England 5
Italy 5
Uruguay 3
Costa Rica 1
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Costa Rica wont be a push over. Its a very tough group in my opinion. Uruguay may surprise a few people and nick a win against Italy. I agree though, we're over hyped and dont really have that "world class" player that all the other big teams have. The ones who could change the course of a game. Basically we need the others to slip up against each other if we stand a chance.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

FPT

I done quarter, but we all know Roy Hodgson... He's got a very squad at his disposal, featuring experience, quality, youth, pace and power. With Roy creating a hard, compact style on the pitch, with players that can explode on the counter - than why not?

We really do have better players than we credit ourselves for.

Blanco

People enjoy bashing England. I think we have a great chance of reaching the quarter finals.

Burt

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 30, 2014, 10:59:16 AM
How does it work in the group stage? Is it gd or head to head if you finish on the same points. I've got a feeling 5points might be enough to finish top. I can see alot of draws in this group. Us drawing with italy uruguay and beating costa rica. Italy doing the same but uruguay either losing or drawing with costa rica.

England 5
Italy 5
Uruguay 3
Costa Rica 1

Tie-breaking criteria

The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

1.Greater number of points in all group matches
2.Goal difference in all group matches
3.Greater number of goals scored in all group matches
4.Greatest number of points in matches between tied teams
5.Goal difference in matches between tied teams
6.Greatest number of goals scored in matches between tied teams
7.Drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee

Burt

I think Roy will build a typical Roy team - hard to beat, not massive on flair, low scoring.

I think we will beat Costa Rica and draw the other two matches.

This should be enough for at least second, which will see us through to the Round of 16.

At which point we will probably exit... 

shnlwswlkr

If that Wise Old Owl can take Fulham to the Europa League final, I sure as hell think he can get England to the World Cup final!!  078.gif
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Putney

Everything is set up nicely for England to win the group then get knocked out in the Ro16 by a Mitroglou brace.

grandad

Not really fussed. I hope Ruiz & Mitroglou score plenty.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HatterDon

England have a relatively easy group, so they'll go through. How long they'll last is a mystery. Roy will get more out of them than anybody else I can think of. I'm concerned, however, that Roy will be blamed if England don't make the quarterfinals. People need to reassess their analysis of English football. There are probably 15 or so squads in Brazil as good as or better than England. A quarterfinal for England would be a tremendous achievement -- and would be more down to Roy than to the quality of English players.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

I can't remember when a World Cup has had so little excitement or interest with an England team in it. I can think of Engalnd teams who were imploding by now and managers being criticised. But this time I don't think there is a huge amount of interest until the Cup actually starts. Must admit I had forgotten who was in our group until I read the thread. Players in the squad remain a mystery to me and if it wasn't for Roy not sure how much I would care.

Struggle to get out of group. But hope for a string of great performances.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It has to be; Getting knocked out in the semis on penalties
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I'd like to see Roy do well - confound the critics. He's probably the best man for the job, anyway.