BREAKING NEWS - HODGSON GOING NOWHERE!

Started by The Equalizer, June 10, 2010, 03:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

EXCLUSIVE - No Liverpool approach for Fulham boss
Jun 10 2010 By Paul Warburton

Add a comment
Recommend
FULHAM boss Roy Hodgson insists he is not about to join Liverpool – and has talked to no one connected with the Premiership giant.

Chronicle sport has learned the man who took the Whites to their first-ever European final just a month ago has no plans to leave Craven Cottage.

A rock-solid source close to the 62-year-old dismissed speculation linking him to the post as successor to Rafael Benitez – ousted from Anfield last Friday.

The source said: "No one from Liverpool, or connected with them has spoken to Roy – and he is mystified by all the conjecture over the last few days."

For all that, the man who came within a few minutes of a penalty shoot-out against Athletico Madrid to decide the Europa League is high up on the Reds list – mostly because Hodgson has worked wonders on a modest Fulham budget while reviving the careers of Danny Murphy, Damien Duff and Dickson Etuhu.

Liverpool want the same for their costly squad, but Hodgson hinted he would be in west London for campaign number three after welcoming his first signing of the summer on Tuesday when Philippe Senderos arrived from Arsenal.

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/06/10/exclusive-no-liverpool-approach-for-fulham-boss-82029-26628436/?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tom

Fulham for life!

White Noise

Liverpool have been reported as planning to make the approach tomorrow.

The Equalizer

Quote from: White Noise on June 10, 2010, 03:47:35 PM
Liverpool have been reported as planning to make the approach tomorrow.

Let them approach and let them see Uncle Roy flip them the bird.  :59:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

tingtawng

Roy Hodgson 'still number one target' for Liverpool manager position

Liverpool are still hoping to convince Roy Hodgson to leave Fulham and become their new manager despite the emergence of Kenny Dalglish as a possible contender for the Anfield hot seat, reports suggest.
  ( 0 )

Related Tags:
    Liverpool
    Kenny Dalglish
    manager
    George Gillett
    Tom Hicks

Roy Hodgson is favourite to replace Rafa Benitez at Liverpool Roy Hodgson is favourite to replace Rafa Benitez at Liverpool

Reports today suggest that the Liverpool board are determined to pursue Hodgson, who oversaw Fulham's unlikely run to the Europa Leage final this year.

This is despite the news that Dalglish had revealed his ambitions to take the role once more.

The current academy ambassador at Liverpool was manager between 1985 and 1991 and is a firm favourite among the club's fans.

But the fact that Liverpool are currently in a state of flux, with £237m of debt hanging over the club's heads and owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett having put the for-sale signs up, is thought to be Hodgson's main concern.

The former Blackburn and Switzerland manager has a £2.5m buy-out clause in his current one-year Fulham contract, but the west London club are said to be doing their best to tie him down further.

The Sun reports that owner Mohamed Al Fayed is prepared to double Hodgson's £1m-a-year deal, while Fulham are also hoping that the 62-year-old will stay in the hope that he will become the next England manager.

"Leaving Fulham to take over at England would be seen as the pinnacle of Roy's career," an insider told the paper.

IN SVEN VE TVUST

Airfix

The Sun vs the Fulham Chronicle.

I think I'd rather go with the latter, if you don't mind?

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Airfix on June 10, 2010, 04:39:30 PM
The Sun vs the Fulham Chronicle.

I think I'd rather go with the latter, if you don't mind?

I'm definitely going with the latter!

That said, I'm a bit suspicous about this 'rock solid source' - I thought he was on holiday, who are they speaking to that would know that he is "mystified by all the conjecture over the last few days" and that he "has no plans to leave Craven Cottage"?

epsomraver

It's written by Paul, I got sacked from the Sun Warburton, about as credible as Elvis in the local fish shop.

RidgeRider

The article doesn't say anything that we don't already know. It is just written in such a way as to 'sound' news worthy. It's not. It's just re-positioned regurgitation, done in such a way to make it sound like new revelations about Hodgson and Liverpool.

Lighthouse

David O Leary has denied he has had talks with Fulham should Roy Hodgson leave Fulham and go to Liverpool. A spokesman said 'I make all this up and it is repeated endlessly and then I repeat it agaIn because I can quote 'spokesman' or ' somebody close' in the report.'

Roy Hodgson remained tight lipped about his imminent sacking and the younger David O Leary taking over.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

'A rock-solid source close to the 62-year-old'

I'll bet that source is Ray Lew.

epsomraver

Funniest thing I have seen at Fulham was when Mickey Adams threw Warburton out of the club for writing crap articles and asking stupid questions at the press conferences, shame Roy doesn't take his lead.

WhiteJC

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/liverpool/no-reds-role-for-roy-1068822.html?
No Reds role for Roy

Roy Hodgson is not about to join Liverpool and sources suggest he has not even been in contact about the vacant managerial post.

A report in the Fulham Chronicle says the Cottagers boss has no plans to leave Craven Cottage to replace the now Inter Milan manager Rafa Benitez.

A source close to the 62-year-old dismissed speculation linking him to Liverpool, saying: "No one from Liverpool, or connected with them has spoken to Roy - and he is mystified by all the conjecture over the last few days."

Hodgson is believed to be working on further additions to his Uefa Europa League finalist-squad and is in the running to sign Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani, who has been the subject of an £7.5m offer from Roma.

Burt

A scouse mate of mine said that King Kenny will get the gig...

He's a reliable type (always turns up at the boozer at the agreed time) with some inside knowledge (he goes to Anfield for most home games).

Seriously, he says that the talk up there is all about Kenny taking it on.

tingtawng

its a rerun of the C.Coleman  saga ,too pally with his team mates and bound to fail . and look at it from Roys point of view ,not much longer left before he retires and its a missed opportunity for a top 4 team job.if he doesnt take a job with the pool crowd it will be his last b4 retirement .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

tingtawng

June 10, 2010
Dalglish has muddied Anfield waters with interest in manager's job
Hodgson is left in an awkward position after Liverpool legend puts his name forward for role in wake of Benitez's departure
Matt Dickinson Commentary

* 21 Comments

Recommend? (2)

Read our unbeatable World Cup coverage in full on our new website: thetimes.co.uk

Should Roy Hodgson become the new manager of Liverpool, he will do so knowing that Kenny Dalglish wanted his job. And there we were thinking that Rafael Benitez's departure was meant to cure Anfield of its internicine politics.

Instead the in-fighting may grow worse now that Dalglish, the Club Ambassador, has put his employers in an awkward position by allowing it to be known that he wants to be considered for the post.

He must have done so aware that thousands of supporters would swing behind King Kenny, deluded by romantic notions that he can click his fingers and bring the good times back to Merseyside. After all, his only valid claim to the job, more than a decade after he last worked in management, is his popularity.

Christian Purslow, the managing director, now finds himself in an unenviable position, given that scepticism about Hodgson around Anfield is liable to increase simply on the back of Dalglish's expression of interest.

But then doubts about Hodgson are reasonable, too. Is the Fulham manager, able though he is, truly the best man for the job or is he someone soothing, someone grateful for the opportunity, who can muddle through during a turbulent period?

To decide on an easy option without chasing after more ambitious targets such as Guus Hiddink, or even speaking to Martin O'Neill, is dangerous short-termism at a time when Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are considering their futures.

It paints a sorry picture of Liverpool, a great club fast in danger of becoming a Premier League basket case, where the owners are divided, the club is in vast debt and even loyal players are disaffected.

On the terraces, Mark Hughes is dismissed not because he has negligible experience in Europe but because he is associated with Chelsea, Everton and Manchester United. Dalglish is considered credible by many simply because he is King Kenny.

At this rate Liverpool will become another Newcastle United — a club where emotions run high and logic flies out of the window.

Read our unbeatable World Cup coverage in full on our new website: thetimes.co.uk
IN SVEN VE TVUST

os5889

Quote from: tingtawng on June 11, 2010, 07:27:19 PM
June 10, 2010
Dalglish has muddied Anfield waters with interest in manager's job
Hodgson is left in an awkward position after Liverpool legend puts his name forward for role in wake of Benitez's departure
Matt Dickinson Commentary

* 21 Comments

Recommend? (2)

Should Roy Hodgson become the new manager of Liverpool, he will do so knowing that Kenny Dalglish wanted his job. And there we were thinking that Rafael Benitez's departure was meant to cure Anfield of its internicine politics.

Instead the in-fighting may grow worse now that Dalglish, the Club Ambassador, has put his employers in an awkward position by allowing it to be known that he wants to be considered for the post.

He must have done so aware that thousands of supporters would swing behind King Kenny, deluded by romantic notions that he can click his fingers and bring the good times back to Merseyside. After all, his only valid claim to the job, more than a decade after he last worked in management, is his popularity.

Christian Purslow, the managing director, now finds himself in an unenviable position, given that scepticism about Hodgson around Anfield is liable to increase simply on the back of Dalglish's expression of interest.

But then doubts about Hodgson are reasonable, too. Is the Fulham manager, able though he is, truly the best man for the job or is he someone soothing, someone grateful for the opportunity, who can muddle through during a turbulent period?

To decide on an easy option without chasing after more ambitious targets such as Guus Hiddink, or even speaking to Martin O'Neill, is dangerous short-termism at a time when Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres are considering their futures.

It paints a sorry picture of Liverpool, a great club fast in danger of becoming a Premier League basket case, where the owners are divided, the club is in vast debt and even loyal players are disaffected.

On the terraces, Mark Hughes is dismissed not because he has negligible experience in Europe but because he is associated with the dark side, Everton and Manchester United. Dalglish is considered credible by many simply because he is King Kenny.

At this rate Liverpool will become another Newcastle United — a club where emotions run high and logic flies out of the window.

I love how this piece presumes 1) The Liverpool job is the worlds greatest postion 2) Mr Hodgson wouldnt dream of turning the job down and goes to bed forcing one out thinking about it. 3) Fulham would be honoured and even enjoy supplying Mr Hodgson and his backroom staff, heck we'll even pay for relocation 4) Liverpool can afford the release fee....