watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do you know about NLP?

Started by General, May 31, 2014, 12:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm sorry I'm not allowed to argue unless you pay.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

General

Quote from: Blanco on May 31, 2014, 06:35:09 PM
Quote from: General on May 31, 2014, 01:01:54 PM
"Whilst i understand quirky and intelligent can be deemed good things this was done with a tone of self aggradizement and for the sake of thinking she would prove herself to be superior by using superfluous confabulation to substantiate her desire to be more sophisticated than others.."

"Saying long worded sentences seems pointless."

Oh the irony 064.gif

Irony intended. Glad you enjoyed it.

aaronmcguigan

Northampton Lesbian Partnership?
Newry Lion Prairie?
Never Lick Potholes?
New Lovers Pontificated?
No Lies Prevail

RaySmith

Nuero -Linguistic Programming - is it to do with re programming your mind?

You imagine yourself in a past situation where you felt bad, or had a bad outcome, and try to think differently and imagine a  better outcome.

Something like that - I read a bit of a book, then gave up on it.

It's a self help therapy - probably works for some, with a good practitioner, as Burt says, and not for others - there are so many charlatans out there in that industry - a good way for some to make fast buck, while having nothing useful, and no or little training or knowledge, to offer people.

cmg

Quote from: RaySmith on June 02, 2014, 08:24:12 AM
Nuero -Linguistic Programming - is it to do with re programming your mind?

You imagine yourself in a past situation where you felt bad, or had a bad outcome, and try to think differently and imagine a  better outcome.

Something like that - I read a bit of a book, then gave up on it.

It's a self help therapy - probably works for some, with a good practitioner, as Burt says, and not for others - there are so many charlatans out there in that industry - a good way for some to make fast buck, while having nothing useful, and no or little training or knowledge, to offer people.

It certainly worked for me.
I am now looking forward to our 14th Premier League season and, with our Greek striker fit and raring to go, I'm confident we can retain our title.

F(f)CUK

There is nothing worse than having someone try and talk to you about football and "their team" when it is clear that they know nothing about the subject and just want to revel in the misfortune of "your team".  I have a work colleague who this year discovered Crystal Palace, although he is approaching 50.  He only cares as he is hoping to get work out of them. 

The Equalizer

I read a book about NLP a couple of years ago. Very interesting stuff with lots of exercises. It talks about methods of influence, personal confidence building and guiding conversations the way that you want them to go.

I fancy doing a course in it. My friend did it and I always end up buying the beers.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 02, 2014, 01:27:30 PM
I read a book about NLP a couple of years ago. Very interesting stuff with lots of exercises. It talks about methods of influence, personal confidence building and guiding conversations the way that you want them to go.

I fancy doing a course in it. My friend did it and I always end up buying the beers.

When I worked at the Playboy Club in 1976 I went on a management course entitled  "Hooking the Adult"   It was virtually the same, ie: guiding the conversation.
It's very difficult to solve a problem with an irate 'punter" when they're behaving like a child or shouting.  Once you've calmed them down, you've 'hooked the adult" and can solve the dispute a lot more easily.
Very enlightening one day course.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES