watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army

Started by bog, June 03, 2014, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

So Brede has departed. Under Hodgson he was one of the best in the Premiership. His partnership with Hughes one of the best we ever had. He seemed to lose his commanding presence under the idiot Jol. Really sorry to see him go. That is all of the Europa other than Stockdale and Briggs I think. Hmm.
  I wonder who Magath has lined up to replace he.

domprague

I think Briggs has been released, too.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

bog

I think he is still the youngest player to play in the premiership. So we are now down to one. Hmm.

092.gif 

Lighthouse

Despite the way it was done. There are enough points of view on this already. I hope it means we can look forward to plenty of quality coming in. However I have hoped for this when the club really needed to act and have been somewhat ashamed at what has happened with the type of player we end up with. So I have no trust at all the club knows what it is doing. But we are down to hope again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

I would have expected a young side to have been built around his experience. He did seem to go off last season, I think Jol ruined him. In any case if you are saying goodbye to the captain you do it with a bit of style and show some respect. No idea some folk have. Magath had better know what he is doing.     

092.gif

Peabody

Yes, this is  a terrible way to treat Brede and is certainly not the Fulham way, though I suspect that went a long time ago.

What I have noticed though, through all the wringing of hands, people are still expressing their opinions s though they are fact, which of course they are not. That is, of course, unless they were privy to the discussions surrounding this.

OldBrownShoe

The last time we were relegated from the top division (Div One as was in 1967-68) promises were made by The Board about big efforts to sign players to get us back up. However cheap buys were made and what happened? We went through the trap door in 1968-69 and straight into Div Three.

We now seem to have what looks increasingly like a threadbare squad.  Unless Mr Khan is going to keep his word and enable the Club to repair and rebuild our first team squad in a meaningful way I can only see us suffering double relegation. fp.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Baszab

As predicted by many, months ago, Khan has "done" US$200m on an investment which is just about to lose revenue of approx US$80m in ONE year - don't tell me he is going to put his hand into his pocket and splash out another US $50m to invest in a new squad - he is saying: cut your cloth according to the budgeted revenue season 2014/15 - and so we are going to face a massive shrinkage in all things FFC - shocking future in store unless Magath unearths some quality 1st division players he can instantly polish up with his sergeant-major routines OR Khan suddenly puts some effort/interest into saving the club's future

Logicalman

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on June 04, 2014, 12:46:05 PM
The last time we were relegated from the top division (Div One as was in 1967-68) promises were made by The Board about big efforts to sign players to get us back up. However cheap buys were made and what happened? We went through the trap door in 1968-69 and straight into Div Three.

We now seem to have what looks increasingly like a threadbare squad.  Unless Mr Khan is going to keep his word and enable the Club to repair and rebuild our first team squad in a meaningful way I can only see us suffering double relegation. fp.gif

Quite agree, I don't have anything like the warm and fuzzies over this. Notwithstanding the squad is decimated (it had to be in reality), it has taken a month for the club to release those players, and at this speed, we might actually sign half the replacements by the time we start the new season in 9 weeks!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

bog

I wonder if those in the know are looking at our yoof set up and the quality we seem to be bringing through. Kit Symons is the man in whom I trust. Perhaps he is hand in glove with Magath to produce a very young outfit, let's be honest I think most of us were rather alarmed at the age of the squad last season. So, if so, to me, then Hangeland was one to add experience.

092.gif