watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harry Maguire-Sheffield United

Started by FulhamStudent, June 04, 2014, 12:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStudent

Perfect transfer target in light of the Brede situation. Watched him a lot last season, and is big and powerful, but deceptively good on the ball. Won't cost us more than £2million, and at the age of 21 he will have a great sell-on value if and when he leaves the club. I highly doubt he would stay at Sheffield United having not made the Championship again. Wolves currently bidding for him, but if it came down to a decision between us and them we would win every time.

Rhys Lightning 63

Was he the centre back that ran through our whole team before providing the assist against us up at Bramall Lane? If so, then yes
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FPT

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 04, 2014, 12:23:26 PM
Was he the centre back that ran through our whole team before providing the assist against us up at Bramall Lane? If so, then yes

That's the one.

The kid is 21 and been in 3 consecutive League One Team of the Year's as well as winning the Sheffield United Player of the Year for 3 consecutive years.

AlexH

He seems like a cracking talent BUT as Burn is obviously going to be first pick next season I'd like to see us go after an older, covering defender so we have another Hangeland/Hughes style partnership.

Rhys Lightning 63

Something that must be addressed, when replacing Brede (be it with Maguire or not), is that our other CB along with Burn, MUST be right footed.

I reckon that was half the problem last year, the fact that he had to play with the likes of Amorebieta and then Burn, both of which are left footed, which meant he had to be shunted to the right side. Brede has always been more comfortable on the left side (don't ask why, he just is)

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Why would we win every time? How do you know he isn't an ardent wolves fan ans it would be his dream to play for them?

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 04, 2014, 12:37:52 PM
Why would we win every time? How do you know he isn't an ardent wolves fan ans it would be his dream to play for them?

The lad was born in Sheffield, so I doubt he's a Wolves fan. Our big worry is prying him away from his boyhood club

FulhamStudent

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 04, 2014, 12:42:47 PM

The lad was born in Sheffield, so I doubt he's a Wolves fan. Our big worry is prying him away from his boyhood club

Im guessing the fact that he won't want to play in League one again would help, and we have a (relatively) decent chance of promotion back to the Prem

Nero

Quote from: FulhamStudent on June 04, 2014, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on June 04, 2014, 12:42:47 PM

Im guessing the fact that he won't want to play in League one again would help, and we have a (relatively) decent chance of promotion back to the Prem

and wages we have another 50-60k a week to spend now, he can have a bit of that

Craven Mad

Thought the same the other day. Could be a good option.

Two Ton Ted

I really liked the way he bullied our overpaid stars and was outstanding in both games.

Would be a fantastic signing for any Div 2 club, certainly has the potential to play in the top flight.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

twang

Quote from: AlexH on June 04, 2014, 12:32:20 PM
He seems like a cracking talent BUT as Burn is obviously going to be first pick next season I'd like to see us go after an older, covering defender so we have another Hangeland/Hughes style partnership.

Totally agree. I have a sneaky feeling that Mancienne will be that player.

Riversider

As I've said before, sign Steven Taylor from Newcastle , not only have you got a decent center half , but you would also be getting a superb captain , something we are sorely lacking !

Mhbruce

I literally came on the site to mention him, I would love to sign him!

ToodlesMcToot

Thought Burn would be the direct replacement for Brede and that we'd need a right sided player to replace Heitinga. I'm all for siging talent, but it'd be nice knowing we had the many holes in our roster covered as well.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Two Ton Ted

We only have Burn and Amorebieta on our books at present, so centre half is a area we need a bit of development in.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

ToodlesMcToot

But not left sided CBs. We need right sided players (replacements for Heitinga).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude