It's close,

Started by blingo, June 04, 2014, 08:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

between Smalling and Rooney  fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

blingo

add milner to the list

F(f)CUK

After 30mins gone and Smalling is having a mare.

fulhamben

Quote from: F(f)CUK on June 04, 2014, 08:33:45 PM
he is never england quality, or man u quality whilst we are at it. easiest 12mil  we ever made
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Buffalo76

Quote from: fulhamben on June 04, 2014, 08:42:23 PM
he is never england quality, or man u quality whilst we are at it. easiest 12mil  we ever made

:plus one:

Humbled

Wiltshire (I would also like to add)

If Rooney plays (which he will) he has to play in a midfield (centre) 3. Nowhere else IMO
So basically the number 10 or CAM if u will.  He can't play wide cos he comes too central. He can't play upfront cos he comes too deep.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Humbled on June 04, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

If Rooney plays (which he will) he has to play in a midfield (centre) 3. Nowhere else IMO
So basically the number 10 or CAM if u will.  He can't play wide cos he comes too central. He can't play upfront cos he comes too deep.

It's a lovely county !

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Fulham1959 on June 04, 2014, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: Humbled on June 04, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

It's a lovely county !

I prefer Buckinghamshire to be honest

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

HatterDon

You guys never cease to crack me up.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

blingo

He keeps losing the ball.

The Old Count

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2014, 06:37:39 AM

C'mon HD.... these guys are right and Alex Ferguson and Roy Hodgson are wrong.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Old Count on June 08, 2014, 08:22:42 AM

yes cos fergie never made one single bad signing did he. and roy has hardly been an insperational england manager who is above reproche. rather than just blindly following   why dont you look at whats in front of you and form your own oppinion. the old well the manager thinks he is ok line just stinks of having nothing valid to say yourself

The Old Count

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 09:43:02 AM

yes cos fergie never made one single bad signing did he. and roy has hardly been an insperational england manager who is above reproche. rather than just blindly following   why dont you look at whats in front of you and form your own oppinion. the old well the manager thinks he is ok line just stinks of having nothing valid to say yourself

I have formed my own opinion and it is that both Smalling and Rooney are good players. Additionally, My opinion is that Ferguson and Hodgson know more about the game than you.

Mind you, I might be wrong on the last point. You could really be Jose Mourinho in disguise.

Putney

Quote from: The Old Count on June 08, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

I have formed my own opinion and it is that both Smalling and Rooney are good players. Additionally, My opinion is that Ferguson and Hodgson know more about the game than you.

Mind you, I might be wrong on the last point. You could really be Jose Mourinho in disguise.

I take it that you're never critical of football managers or politicians then?

fulhamben

he is never england quality, or man u quality whilst we are at it. easiest 12mil  we ever made

yes cos fergie never made one single bad signing did he. and roy has hardly been an insperational england manager who is above reproche. rather than just blindly following   why dont you look at whats in front of you and form your own oppinion. the old well the manager thinks he is ok line just stinks of having nothing valid to say yourself

lol, well I think the majority of the footballing world can see smalliing is average at best. The only reason he is in the squad is because England have a real lack of good centre backs at the moment. And just out of interest, fergie saw him as right back and Roy sees him as a centre back. Which one of them is wrong?

Logicalman

Perfectly put, that was a lovely bit of business on Roys part.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 12:20:07 PM

lol, well I think the majority of the footballing world can see smalliing is average at best. The only reason he is in the squad is because England have a real lack of good centre backs at the moment. And just out of interest, fergie saw him as right back and Roy sees him as a centre back. Which one of them is wrong?

Come on back Jack, all is forgiven - oh and you can bring brother Bobby with you.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

EJL

To be fair, HD, I do remember you saying in confidence that Smalling will have near 100 caps by the time he's finished playing. At least, I'm pretty sure it was you. Some could take that as an equally contentious statement, given the obvious gap in quality between Smalling and other, younger English centre-halves.

The Old Count

Quote from: Putney on June 08, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

I take it that you're never critical of football managers or politicians then?

I was probably the first person on here to say that Jol was wrong for the club and I maintained a constant stream of vitriol against the oaf.

As for politicians. It takes the best, most honest and intelligent people to be politicians. Unfortunately that sort of person doesn't want to do the job so we're stuck with the present bunch of idiots.

HatterDon

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 12:20:07 PM
he is never england quality, or man u quality whilst we are at it. easiest 12mil  we ever made

yes cos fergie never made one single bad signing did he. and roy has hardly been an insperational england manager who is above reproche. rather than just blindly following   why dont you look at whats in front of you and form your own oppinion. the old well the manager thinks he is ok line just stinks of having nothing valid to say yourself

Neither. Fergie saw United's future centre back pairing as Jones and Smalling. Each of them has played elsewhere while waiting for Vidic and Ferdinand to move on. Each of them has turned in some brilliant performances for United and -- depending on the vision of the new manager -- this coming season could well become the time for the Jones/Smalling partnership for both United and England.

For those relatively new to Fulham, Smalling was "the coming Fulham Messiah" for most Fulham supporters up until the moment that he went to United. Overnight, he turned into a useless player who'll never feature for United. When he did and when he did well enough to be picked for England, it was evidence of demential on the part of SAF and whoever was in charge of England at the time.

Fulham supporters, you see, absolutely HATE it when our ex-players do well after a transfer, so they create stories to comfort them, you know like:

Smalling was a great swindle for us
Dempsey was an absolute failure at Spurs and only had one decent season with us in the first place.
Dembele is unwanted at Spurs and will come crawling back to CC very soon.

No, I don't understand it either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel