watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And on a positive note

Started by SouthfieldWhite, June 04, 2014, 10:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Well done George Williams on making his Welsh senior debut coming on in the 70th min away to Holland.

Get him in the first team

epsomraver

Young George Williams has good game for Wales  under Cookie  against a strong dutch side http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27708589

But Wales had their bright moments as well, with Fulham winger Williams impressing by beating three defenders after he came off the bench.
"Young George is a very good player," Coleman added.
"He's one of those young players that is fearless, so he's prepared to run at the opposition, he's confident and he's earned his performance tonight.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I've liked him in the games I've seen. Patrick Roberts has amazing skills but currently too often tries to beat three players in the middle of the park. Williams is a more traditional winger with pace and is keen to get round behind the defence and put in a cross. He should be with the senior squad next season.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 05, 2014, 12:55:43 AM
I've liked him in the games I've seen. Patrick Roberts has amazing skills but currently too often tries to beat three players in the middle of the park. Williams is a more traditional winger with pace and is keen to get round behind the defence and put in a cross. He should be with the senior squad next season.

I agree + they both have that 'eye for goal'
In the Portugal (1st) game last week Roberts scored a sensational goal, the three defenders he dribbled around seemed to stand there, hands on hips thinking "What the hell happened"
+ I think Williams has score acouplf of hat tricks this past season.

I know you can't pick,or build a team with all of them, but, if they're good enough, they're old enough.

As Steve Coogan (Paul Calf) said "Get your tackle out and see what bites"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

zschwartz

great to hear, watched a bit of the first half and am sorry i missed it. will look for the highlights.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 05, 2014, 12:55:43 AM
Agree, everytime I watch George I'm impressed, he is fearless, both he and Dean O'Halloran tackle like defenders, both have pace and do so much for the teams shape. I have always felt George is ahead of Roberts in his readiness to step up and hope to see him and Dean in the 1st team squad next season. Their directness is something we have lacked for a few seasons now, George is as special as Roberts but I'm relieved he is not under the same press spotlight and being in the championship long may it continue.

callumc513

Quote from: zschwartz on June 05, 2014, 04:49:12 AM
great to hear, watched a bit of the first half and am sorry i missed it. will look for the highlights.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27707149