more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pajtim Kasami

Started by james, June 04, 2014, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

hey guys,
my name is james and i am  greek currently studying in london. i became a fulham fan when karagounis joined the team. two questions for the fans out there.

1) how did you find karagounis as a player?

2) Pajtim Kasami . a greek team is interested in this player and i would like some info about him. what are his advantages/disadvantages and basically how good a  player is he.

thank you in advance guys.

Berserker

1. I loved Karagounis he was a great guy, great pro, gave his all
2. I like Kasami, will be sad to see him leave. Although I think he could be a bit hit and miss at times but still a youngster
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I agree with Berserker.

Karagounis was a wonderful player and character. If only we had him when he was 10 or 20 years younger. He always lifted my spirits when he came on to play.

Kasami is a young and passionate player. I would like to keep him. He hasn't yet established himself as a regular in his best position and has often been played out of position on the right wing for example. He should probably play as an attacking midfielder or central midfielder.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

agreed Karagounis was a model professional who gave his all and whenever he was on the pitch.
A sort of player that the fans love.
I can't really comment on Kasami except to say he is a bit of an enigma, potentially fantastic, great energy and
(I think) loyalty, but at other times average.
Don't be fooled by the CP goal, as good as it was I (or anyone) could have scored it.
Enjoy London
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

zschwartz

i agree with everyone on karagounis. great heart and effort.

kasami is an odd one. i'm sure he could do good work in a squad where his industry could be used to elevate the technical skills of those around him. he's not currently what is holding back ffc and has potential. i would be disappointed to see him go and think he would do well in the championship.

tonynorton

Would love to of had karagounis a few years earlier based on his class he showed in his latter years.
Kasami never really fitted in in my opinion

RaySmith

Disappointing to see both of them leave, especially Kasami, who is young, and I think could do very well in the Championship.

FPT

1) Giorgos is amazing. It's a shame he's so old. A 26 year old Karagounis and we'd have done better this season.

2) I'm a Kasami fan. Will run all game, very good runner of the ball. His final ball is a bit hit and miss, doesn't really create chances, but will shoot from anywhere. If he adds some maturity to his game, he'll be a very capable footballer.

cmg

Agree wholeheartedly with what has been said about Karagounis - a great character. Would only add that he raised morale among the younger players (that's all of them) with stories of Achilles and Theseus when he trained with them back in Greece as a youngster.

Kasami's departure will not, I think, be greeted with universal regret. Big and willing with some nice touches, he didn't really have much end product. Might still deliver and be worth the gamble if you don't pay too much for him (which, of course, we hope you do!)

HatterDon

I beg to differ about Karagounis. I thought he was an embarrassment to the club. His histrionic diving and rolling over 25 times every time he was breathed upon was disgusting. If he had played for anyone other than Fulham, everyone on this board would have slated him constantly. On the other hand, he was excellent at delivering free kicks to the first defender's kneecap.

Kasami, on the other hand, is a fine player. It would have been nice for him to have had a settled squad at Fulham to work with. It's a shame that he came to maturity during a time that Fulham became the laughingstock of the Premier League. If he does leave us for Greece, it'll be a sideways move at best, but I think he'll have a brilliant career and I wish him well.

I wish Karagounis well also, and hope he gets that Oscar he so richly deserves.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2014, 06:43:12 AM
I beg to differ about Karagounis. I thought he was an embarrassment to the club. His histrionic diving and rolling over 25 times every time he was breathed upon was disgusting. If he had played for anyone other than Fulham, everyone on this board would have slated him constantly. On the other hand, he was excellent at delivering free kicks to the first defender's kneecap.

Kasami, on the other hand, is a fine player. It would have been nice for him to have had a settled squad at Fulham to work with. It's a shame that he came to maturity during a time that Fulham became the laughingstock of the Premier League. If he does leave us for Greece, it'll be a sideways move at best, but I think he'll have a brilliant career and I wish him well.

I wish Karagounis well also, and hope he gets that Oscar he so richly deserves.

Karagounis didn't dive. He cleverly put his body between the ball and the opponent and was fouled. O.K., he rolled around a bit but he is an old man in football terms so why begrudge him a bit of a rest on the ground.

I don't recall him leaping through the air when he had not been touched by an opponent - a dive - to illegally gain a free kick or get an opponent booked or sent off.