https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It appears that the Club is in a bit of turmoil

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 04, 2014, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: filham on June 10, 2014, 10:31:27 AM
In about four weeks time pre season training will commence
25th of this month according to Stekelenburg in a report today.

Lighthouse

Well we are in turmoil and have been for years. The fear we will start the season with a few makeshift signings and players left over from last year and a few kids, is a real understandable fear. No I have no idea what will happen but I do know what has happened in the recent past.

So as of this moment, we are a club in turmoil. Who would want to come into a club like that?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Adi-ffc

Turmoil is a very extreme state of affairs. A bit too strong for what is happening surely.

We finally went down, and now we are rebuilding, with the inevitable cost of some people losing their jobs, and new ones being hired.

Turmoil? Just good sense.

mullers

One strange but - I think, important - event was the extra training the players were told to do at the end of the season. After such a poor showing why should they wander off on holiday and wait for their agents to ring with a new club?

It also gives Felix an opportunity to judge who wants to be at the club and an insight into their attitudes. He's committed himself to getting us out of the Championship, it would be nice to think that some players will join him and try and put right the last couple of seasons.

St Eve

Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2014, 06:39:15 AM
Quote from: St Eve on June 10, 2014, 12:29:39 AM
losing 100 million in tv revenue, crowds cut in half, season ticket sales down, playing for example Huddersfield and Rotherham instead of Chelsea and Man United, no tv coverage, cannot attract players, losing players, if any, that have value, losing any youngsters with potential, little press coverage, waiting 40 years to get back in the top flight - yea a lot of positives!
Ok so its a 40M loss in TV revenue in the first season. 40 MILLION IS SIZEABLE
You expect our crowds to drop to 12500, I would have though they will range from 18-22 usually if we start well. PROBABLY 15,000
Season tickets will be down, but I have been told they ar ehappy with the numbers sold at the end of May. HAPPY CONSIDERING WE ARE DOWN
Playing Huddersfield and Rotherham instead of Chelsea and Man United, I'll tell you the positive of that. When we played Chelsea & Utd we were pretty much 90% going to lose, now that has changed and the game will be less perdictable. DON'T SEE ANY UPSIDE THERE
Less TV coverage yes, but the league show on BBC is quite good and Sky do a good job of actually showing games and highlights. Its a pity for the overseas fans but not much we can do about that. UNFORTUNATELY I AM OVERSEAS
So no championship club has ever signed anyone? MUCH HARDER Yes we are losing players, but really are we sheading any tears over them. SOME YES
Youngsters would have left us in the Prem anyway. MORE LIKELY NOW The chance is we will give them more games and they stay. But yes they move on at some time no matter what Div we are in.
So sub standard will writre less about us. FAIR COMMENT
Why should it take 40 Years to go back IT DID LAST TIME AND IT WAS A REALLY LONG WAIT
FOR ME IT IS A DISASTER BUT MAYBE WE REBUILD BUT RIGHT NOW I AM NOT VERY OPTIMISTIC (THE CAPS ARE FOR THE RESPONSE NOT SHOUTING)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2014, 09:19:19 AM
Quote from: KCat on June 10, 2014, 06:44:48 AM
We have been relegated  to the Championship after 13 years in the Premiership, of course there are going to be changes.  In particular as we have an old squad with expiring contracts.

Change does not = Mess or turmoil 
:54:
I have it on very good authority that they are working on a couple of decent signings, one I'm very keen on, and also change to the management structure

when you say this are you referring to a management clearout? or are you talking about restructuring and changing of responsibilities, etc?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ron

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 04, 2014, 11:19:30 PM
or is it a transition period......I'm hoping that it's transition and that there is some cunning master plan.....i'm  not expecting us to bounce straight back into the Premiership at the first time of asking as I think the club has a few deep rooted problems such as three Managers in one season and a lack of investment in the first team - but I would like to think that this transitional period would enable us to kick on and use a mixture of young players from the academy with a few established players such as Stockdale, Hugo, Dejagah, Kaca, Richardson and possibly Parker to at the very least give us something to cheer about and give us back a bit of our old Fulham......... if on the other hand the problems are deep rooted then only a change of top management and or additional people such as a Director of football could be the answer after all we have a Director for the Academy who is doing marvels.

Sometimes all you achieve with a "Director of Football" is to create another level of incompetence, and confuse the chain of command even more.

Andy S

I don't know why you think that we are in Turmoil or a mess. The season of relegation has only been finished a month. There are another two months to the start of the next season. We have dumped a lot of old wood and have a  lot of young raw talent to hand. It would be criminal to not give them a game. For me there is a great season ahead. Get a grip!

blingo

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 10, 2014, 11:48:07 AM
Well we are in turmoil and have been for years. The fear we will start the season with a few makeshift signings and players left over from last year and a few kids, is a real understandable fear. No I have no idea what will happen but I do know what has happened in the recent past.

So as of this moment, we are a club in turmoil. Who would want to come into a club like that?

The same sort of players that came to us when we were on the way up last time like Chris Coleman who dropped two divisions. Pay enough, make it attractive enough and they WILL come.

MikeW

Change to the mgt structure.  Hopefully a new manager?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Berserker

No new manager, we went through all that last week
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

grandad

We badly needed a bit of turmoil to get rid of all the rubbish players that caused our relegation. Great opportunity to clear the decks & rebuild. The club are doing it right. Clear out the dross & then acquire players that Magath really wants.
My only reservation is the Mackintosh influence on our acquisitions.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on June 10, 2014, 09:19:19 AM
Quote from: KCat on June 10, 2014, 06:44:48 AM
We have been relegated  to the Championship after 13 years in the Premiership, of course there are going to be changes.  In particular as we have an old squad with expiring contracts.

Change does not = Mess or turmoil 
:54:
I have it on very good authority that they are working on a couple of decent signings, one I'm very keen on, and also change to the management structure

Cool. Can't wait till its announced. Any news would be good news now and show we are being active.

RidgeRider

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on June 10, 2014, 10:30:19 AM
I think the word turmoil is probably a bit strong.

As others have said there will always be change when you get relegated , players jump ship all the time.

I have had a very good insight to what is going on, and although I don't think the club need to to tell fans every little detail about every thing, I do believe the club could of said something.

I think now is the time to put everything behind us and get behind the club.

Sometimes the club have to keep information to themselves so not to scupper something.

We may not all agree with each other but we are all one in wanting the best for the club.

If we all agreed all the time, it would become boring.

We are now in a massive transition period.
I strongly believe our future is our Academy and we need to do everything to keep our young players and staff at the club, but we also have to mix some experience in amongst the youngsters so I do expect quite a few new signings to come in.

Khan isn't silly, he will know that he needs us to get back up, not only to save his investment  but to also save face and not have a reputation in football of being a failure

0001.jpeg

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on June 10, 2014, 08:41:47 AM
Can someone please tell me why when Magath says that he is staying people keep saying he will go? just curious.

Remember 4 years ago at this point? Roy was saying he was looking forward to another season as Fulham's gaffer. The WC ends and BOOM he's off to Liverpool.

That kind of makes you jaded. Mind you, I think he's staying if he says he is.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel