watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It appears that the Club is in a bit of turmoil

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 04, 2014, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

or is it a transition period......I'm hoping that it's transition and that there is some cunning master plan.....i'm  not expecting us to bounce straight back into the Premiership at the first time of asking as I think the club has a few deep rooted problems such as three Managers in one season and a lack of investment in the first team - but I would like to think that this transitional period would enable us to kick on and use a mixture of young players from the academy with a few established players such as Stockdale, Hugo, Dejagah, Kaca, Richardson and possibly Parker to at the very least give us something to cheer about and give us back a bit of our old Fulham......... if on the other hand the problems are deep rooted then only a change of top management and or additional people such as a Director of football could be the answer after all we have a Director for the Academy who is doing marvels.

Fulham76

A bit of an understatement but yes, we're in a mess. No doubt about that.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I am not confident about either Khan or Magath but if you look at the list of those that have left are there many surprises?

- John Arne Riise
 - most wanted him out last summer
- Steve Sidwell
 - was 4th choice CM, had good season, wants 2 year contract like Murphy
- Brede Hangeland
 - bit of a surprise, poor season, made comments about goings on so may not have been happy
- Derek Boateng
 - wasn't playing
- Giorgos Karagounis
 - wonderful player but 38
- Mahamadou Diarra
 - wonderful player but injured
- Damien Duff
 - great player but leaving PL or Championship football through choice
- Matthew Briggs
 - couldn't displace Riise or Richardson
- John Heitinga
 - loanee effectively, now free agent
- Neil Etheridge
 - 3rd choice goalkeeper with youngsters coming through

St Eve

A complete mess I am afraid. Nothing positive comes out of being relegated

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: St Eve on June 05, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

I can't understand why you keep saying "nothing positive comes from relegation"
The only possible reason you could say that is TV revenue.

You're beginning to sound like Robert Carlyle's character in "Once Upon a Time"  (a fantastic performance) 

Do you honestly believe that we are either good enough, organised enough or stable enough to start next season in the PL.
ie:  Would you like to start next season
(H) Chelsea
(A)  Man City
(H)  Spurs
(A)  Hull

We all love the club (a little less after the Brede situation) but there is no option other than, bite the bullet and regroup.
I don't think Magarth is the right man, but that's my opinion.
The main things that concern me are well documented on here.
1/. Burn @ RB
2/. Holtby @ RW
3/. Sidwell/Parker
4/. Not even attempting to keep Heitinga (as far as we know)
although there are 'some' +'s

1/. Youth
2/. Youth
The positives about relegation are:

a/. Not conceding so many goals.
b/. A complete revamp of a useless and under achieving team
c/.  The opportunity to bring back some 'great' days/nights to CC
d/.  Replacing players (like Brede, Aaron, Sidwell) who actually give a poo about our club
e/. Finding out what the REAL Khan is all about
f/. A muddy night at home to Wolves !!

etc etc

I'm sure we're a bit of a laughing stock (which is upsetting) probably even more so than Man Utd

Would you really like to subject us to another season of humiliation ?

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

Players like Sidwell and Brede not being retained - because of the wage bill seems the obvious conclusion - and Magath possibly going, doesn't give the impression that Khan is prepared to spend whatever it takes to get back in the Prem.

But, I hope I'm wrong, and Khan is prepared to invest in the club, as well as relying on our youngsters, great as they are.

It's the uncertainty and lack of any knowledge or information about what's going on that makes fans fear the worse.

MasterHaynes

I think we are suffering from 3-4 years of stagnation and slow death, always going to painful the longer it was allowed to go on. We should have grasped the mettle last summer but missed the opportunity and only made things worse with the signings made.Its just like creating a new lawn, kill off the current crop, rake it out plant the seed, feed and tend it and then new shoots appear.

Don't know wherte that came from - bit philosphical for this early in the day 094.gif

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I would like to use this analogy: Fulham Football club was a once magnificent grade 1 listed building, owned by a crazy Egyptian. Initially, the crazy Egyptian pumped millions and millions of his hard earned money into it; building and extension, hige Koy Carp pond in the garden, statues of hugely talented, albeit slightly dubious reputationally, popstars, beautiful lawns etc.
One day tho, he found a woodworm in one of the wooden beams in the attic and thought to himself "noe is the time to move on". He had employed several house keepers in his time at the house, including an Englishman who went on to work at the palace and an old plumber who went out and got pissed one day and injured himself so badly he could only manage rather than plumb. Then another Englishman whom had been working abroad for a long time.  These all worked well with the staff, some added a few extra, cheap foreign workers, but the woodworm was still there. Some how all these house keepers had kept the woodworm from speading.
Then he settled on a dutch man. This man came with a certain Je ne se que, a reputation similar to that of a master builder. The Egyptian pinned his hope that this Dutchman would stop the woodworm in its tracks and his once magnificent building would be saved from falling apart. Alas; unbeknownst to the Egyptian, this Dutchman bought with him a small box, in that box were several woodworms. He statically placed these new woodworms around the building.  Before it was too late, the rot had set it. And set it deeply. As the pond dried up and the weeds started to grow in the gardens, the Dutchman was eventually sent packed; but it was too late. The damage was done. The Egyptian did what he could. He managed to sell the building before the windows fell out and had tricked the new owner into believing that it was only the garden that needed sprucing up.
With his hopes and dreams of owning a luxurious palace like building on the banks of its own river, the new owner had actually bought the rotten shell. All the internal walls and ceilings collapsed before his very eyes. All the staff did was sit arpund drinking tea and listening to choice on the radio.
The new owner had enough. He bought in a house keeper with the reputation of Laurence Llewellyn Bowen, known for making a toliet into a water closet, and a pleasant one at that. This man, with all the German efficiency that is bred into them at a young age, let the bad parts fall, the statues topple and the pond empty. But planted a few green shoots around the grounds.
Once the worst had happened, he ripped out all of the dead woodworm infested remains and burnt them. Now, as he awaits a delivery from Homebase and Jewsons, his staff are getting impatient. But, like any good restoration job, it'll come good in the end.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

St Eve

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 05, 2014, 02:42:53 AM
Quote from: St Eve on June 05, 2014, 02:10:42 AM

I can't understand why you keep saying "nothing positive comes from relegation"
The only possible reason you could say that is TV revenue.

You're beginning to sound like Robert Carlyle's character in "Once Upon a Time"  (a fantastic performance) 

Do you honestly believe that we are either good enough, organised enough or stable enough to start next season in the PL.
ie:  Would you like to start next season
(H) Chelsea
(A)  Man City
(H)  Spurs
(A)  Hull

We all love the club (a little less after the Brede situation) but there is no option other than, bite the bullet and regroup.
I don't think Magarth is the right man, but that's my opinion.
The main things that concern me are well documented on here.
1/. Burn @ RB
2/. Holtby @ RW
3/. Sidwell/Parker
4/. Not even attempting to keep Heitinga (as far as we know)
although there are 'some' +'s

1/. Youth
2/. Youth
The positives about relegation are:

a/. Not conceding so many goals.
b/. A complete revamp of a useless and under achieving team
c/.  The opportunity to bring back some 'great' days/nights to CC
d/.  Replacing players (like Brede, Aaron, Sidwell) who actually give a poo about our club
e/. Finding out what the REAL Khan is all about
f/. A muddy night at home to Wolves !!

etc etc

I'm sure we're a bit of a laughing stock (which is upsetting) probably even more so than Man Utd

Would you really like to subject us to another season of humiliation ?

" losing 100 million in tv revenue, crowds cut in half, season ticket sales down, playing for example Huddersfield and Rotherham instead of Chelsea and Man United, no tv coverage, cannot attract players, losing players, if any, that have value, losing any youngsters with potential, little press coverage, waiting 40 years to get back in the top flight - yea a lot of positives!

MJG

Quote from: St Eve on June 10, 2014, 12:29:39 AM
losing 100 million in tv revenue, crowds cut in half, season ticket sales down, playing for example Huddersfield and Rotherham instead of Chelsea and Man United, no tv coverage, cannot attract players, losing players, if any, that have value, losing any youngsters with potential, little press coverage, waiting 40 years to get back in the top flight - yea a lot of positives!
Ok so its a 40M loss in TV revenue in the first season.
You expect our crowds to drop to 12500, I would have though they will range from 18-22 usually if we start well.
Season tickets will be down, but I have been told they ar ehappy with the numbers sold at the end of May.
Playing Huddersfield and Rotherham instead of Chelsea and Man United, I'll tell you the positive of that. When we played Chelsea & Utd we were pretty much 90% going to lose, now that has changed and the game will be less perdictable.
Less TV coverage yes, but the league show on BBC is quite good and Sky do a good job of actually showing games and highlights. Its a pity for the overseas fans but not much we can do about that.
So no championship club has ever signed anyone? Yes we are losing players, but really are we sheading any tears over them.
Youngsters would have left us in the Prem anyway. The chance is we will give them more games and they stay. But yes they move on at some time no matter what Div we are in.
So sub standard will writre less about us.
Why should it take 40 Years to go back

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We have been relegated  to the Championship after 13 years in the Premiership, of course there are going to be changes.  In particular as we have an old squad with expiring contracts.

Change does not = Mess or turmoil 

alfie

Can someone please tell me why when Magath says that he is staying people keep saying he will go? just curious.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MrProphet

Quote from: KCat on June 10, 2014, 06:44:48 AM
We have been relegated  to the Championship after 13 years in the Premiership, of course there are going to be changes.  In particular as we have an old squad with expiring contracts.

Here here

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting I said after the last game of the "first team squad" all I wanted to keep was stocko, burn, richardson, dejagah and rodallega. The rest are the reason we are in the championship in the first place.

Keep and play the kids and remove the deadwood

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: RaySmith on June 05, 2014, 04:33:04 AM
Players like Sidwell and Brede not being retained - because of the wage bill seems the obvious conclusion - and Magath possibly going, doesn't give the impression that Khan is prepared to spend whatever it takes to get back in the Prem.

But, I hope I'm wrong, and Khan is prepared to invest in the club, as well as relying on our youngsters, great as they are.

It's the uncertainty and lack of any knowledge or information about what's going on that makes fans fear the worse.

Fully agree Ray

Given what has happened (i.e. relegation) the uncertainty & lack of information is immense causing us all sorts of angst

Yes the long expected clear out has (mostly) happened

Yes it takes time to rebuild finding (hopefully) the new signings who will blend with our youth

We hope for success & that won't necessarily be measured by a return to the Premiership next season

There are no positives regarding what has happened but it's the harsh reality

Not having to playing the Man U's, Chelsea etc & getting thumped is something of a relief

Some of our recent managers (including the current one) & many of the players we have released had the wrong mentality believing that we wouldn't get anything from playing many other teams last season

I think it was Speroni the Palace keeper who said once they had started to turn their season around that they expected to run onto the pitch, play well individually & as a team & get a result - against anyone

They certainly proved it was possible & with a team that was @ one point odds on to be relegated

That "performing & winning" mentality is what needs to happen for us

Whether Magath can deliver it - we will see      

Meanwhile some good news would be very welcome

Come on Fulham start revealing the master plan!

MJG

Quote from: KCat on June 10, 2014, 06:44:48 AM

:54:
I have it on very good authority that they are working on a couple of decent signings, one I'm very keen on, and also change to the management structure

Baszab

It's more a question of: the more Magath says he is staying (and bringing in more of his own management team) the more everyone else wants to go

SouthfieldWhite

I think the word turmoil is probably a bit strong.

As others have said there will always be change when you get relegated , players jump ship all the time.

I have had a very good insight to what is going on, and although I don't think the club need to to tell fans every little detail about every thing, I do believe the club could of said something.

I think now is the time to put everything behind us and get behind the club.

Sometimes the club have to keep information to themselves so not to scupper something.

We may not all agree with each other but we are all one in wanting the best for the club.

If we all agreed all the time, it would become boring.

We are now in a massive transition period.
I strongly believe our future is our Academy and we need to do everything to keep our young players and staff at the club, but we also have to mix some experience in amongst the youngsters so I do expect quite a few new signings to come in.

Khan isn't silly, he will know that he needs us to get back up, not only to save his investment  but to also save face and not have a reputation in football of being a failure

filham

In the 1st month of the close season all  we have seen is players leaving. In about four weeks time pre season training will commence and it is important we see signs of re building by then.

Surely by now a clear statement regarding the manager should have been made. If we have to find a new manager a couple of weeks before the start of the new season this will be disastrous and would be the best way to achieve early bottom of the table status.

filham

In the 1st month of the close season all  we have seen is players leaving. In about four weeks time pre season training will commence and it is important we see signs of re building by then.

Surely by now a clear statement regarding the manager should have been made. If we have to find a new manager a couple of weeks before the start of the new season this will be disastrous and would be the best way to achieve early bottom of the table status.

MrProphet

Quote from: filham on June 10, 2014, 10:32:21 AM

What does the club need to say? They said he will be our manager at the start of the season. By all.accounts Southampton approached us we told them to sling their hook and end of