watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Opinions on the way the club is run.

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, June 07, 2014, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigbadBillyMcKinley

I know its opinions, and everyone is entitled to theirs. However; I've seen us being classed as a circus and that Ali Mac is all to blame. How the hell does anyone know. You see what the papers and Internet write. There is a little bit more focus on us at the moment, purely because we've been relegated, but how do you actually know that the players and staff leaving, wouldn't have gone anyway? Maybe, just maybe, the stagnation and under investment runs deep and Kahn wants to eradicate it and "start again". Maybe, just maybe, he'd singled out exactly who he wanted to go when he first came but waited until the end of the season.
We've got rid of players, highly paid players who didn't perform, were old and frankly, weren't good enough anymore. We've got rid of a few backroom staff, but who's to say there wasn't too many? Until you can show me proof that we're now understaffed as a club, I'll continue to think that your opinions regarding the running of the club as nonsense.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Max Headroom

Last season there was one mistake made which was appointing Meulensteen and then not backing him to the end. If the manager at the end of the season had been the one appointed when Jol left I think we would have stayed up?

The sacking of meulensteen was a panic measure. And all the other nonsense that followed stemmed from the meulensteen mistake

I actually liked meulensteen but if we had got an experienced manager in then we would have been fine.

As it is next season in the championship I hope to see a lot of exciting young players pull on he fulham shirt, so every cloud......

Still believe

I wish we did know more, for me transparency is the key to any good organisation.  However, have been upset at way it seems Brede was treated/decision to let Sidwell go.... but no idea who is the source of these problems.

Burt

I can't really comment because we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

All we can do is speculate based on what happens in public, and given the failure to address the longer term issues with the first team that we could all see coming a mile off and the disastrous season we have just had, then at first sight it doesn't look too good...

But don't forget we have a first class academy and a great set-up at Motspur Park so there are clearly good things happening behind the scenes.

You just have to hope that these don't get hit as a result of any financial cut-backs arising from relegation.

grandad

Why should we be told what is going on behind the scenes? Do we know what goes on at Tesco, M&S, Boots, Harrods etc. & they are quoted companies.We are a privately owned company so why should we know.
Where there's a will there's a wife

blingo

I don't think they are cut-backs as much as sorting the club out. Khan said that we could keep experienced players on prem wages, if that is what it takes to get us back into the premiership. Personally I think they are doing the right thing in having a serious clear out and rebuilding the team. What will be interesting and the proof of intent now, will be the financial backing and the quality of the new players we sign. That will tell us everything.

Logicalman

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 07, 2014, 11:25:46 AM
I know its opinions, and everyone is entitled to theirs. However; I've seen us being classed as a circus and that Ali Mac is all to blame. How the hell does anyone know. You see what the papers and Internet write. There is a little bit more focus on us at the moment, purely because we've been relegated, but how do you actually know that the players and staff leaving, wouldn't have gone anyway? Maybe, just maybe, the stagnation and under investment runs deep and Kahn wants to eradicate it and "start again". Maybe, just maybe, he'd singled out exactly who he wanted to go when he first came but waited until the end of the season.
We've got rid of players, highly paid players who didn't perform, were old and frankly, weren't good enough anymore. We've got rid of a few backroom staff, but who's to say there wasn't too many? Until you can show me proof that we're now understaffed as a club, I'll continue to think that your opinions regarding the running of the club as nonsense.

Well, so how do you KNOW that Khan is as hands-on as you think? Perhaps he IS as hands-off as others appear to believe, few of us actually have much insight into the internal running of the club, and those that do rarely state as much.

If you believe others opinions are nonsense, then you might find others think yours is the same - which is wrong - as everyones opinion on here is valued, and when we disagree, we disagree with argument and common sense, not calling the others' opinion nonsense.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Logicalman on June 07, 2014, 01:32:27 PM

Well, so how do you KNOW that Khan is as hands-on as you think? Perhaps he IS as hands-off as others appear to believe, few of us actually have much insight into the internal running of the club, and those that do rarely state as much.

If you believe others opinions are nonsense, then you might find others think yours is the same - which is wrong - as everyones opinion on here is valued, and when we disagree, we disagree with argument and common sense, not calling the others' opinion nonsense.

Thank you Logicalman. You are living up to your name. I wish more on the forum shared this view.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Fair point about the opinions bit. I wrote that in a passionate mood.

I'm just getting sick of people slagging off my beloved Fulham. People who are supposed to feel the same. Yes its been a horrible and beyond disappointing season. I just feel that these changes, apart from the mistakes with the management, could have happened anyway, whether we stayed up or not.
Ok, Kahn has been quiet. But remember that he is new to football and the passion that we have over here. He is probably working out what to say.
I do want us to make some sort of move in the transfer market though, just to put everyones mind at rest.

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Peabody

I have no problem with people expressing their opinion, however, when they express their opinion as fact, then I have a problem and all too often, that factual opinion, has little evidence to support it.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I agree with some of both your points and disagree with some.
But I'm not going to say which ones.
I would hate to be accused of spouting nonsense instead of fact
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 07, 2014, 02:08:25 PM

I'm just getting sick of people slagging off my beloved Fulham. People who are supposed to feel the same. Yes its been a horrible and beyond disappointing season. I just feel that these changes, apart from the mistakes with the management, could have happened anyway, whether we stayed up or not.
Ok, Kahn has been quiet. But remember that he is new to football and the passion that we have over here. He is probably working out what to say.
I do want us to make some sort of move in the transfer market though, just to put everyones mind at rest.

Although Khan doesn't know about English football passion, I'm sure he does about NFL passion.
It's a bit different as most cities and states have only 1 team (NY has 2 but one of those is in New Jersey)
I live in the Washington Redskins catchment area, although 100 miles away, you cannot go 100 yards without
someone having some sort of merchandize on themselves, their car etc.
My wifes family are all Redskins fans and they are without doubt as passionate as I am about Fulham.
And that applies to most teams, even to colleges and college baseball.
So although the Jaguars are a 'minor' team in the NFL Khan will certainly know about sporting passion.

Having said all of that, there is of course only two real sports.  Football and Rugby (+ perhaps cricket)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: grandad on June 07, 2014, 12:48:44 PM
Why should we be told what is going on behind the scenes? Do we know what goes on at Tesco, M&S, Boots, Harrods etc. & they are quoted companies.We are a privately owned company so why should we know.

exactly. this.  :plus one:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on June 07, 2014, 02:08:25 PM

I totally agree with everything you say.

People seem to react in different ways, and differently online than in the privacy of home, or with friends. I hate people slagging off my club, but I do accept, to a point, fellow Fulham fans doing so, as opposed to non-Fulham fans, whose opinion of Fulham I often set aside.

People here are passionate, we all are, we all have an emotional investment in our club and the one thing I like about members here is that they wear their hearts on their sleeves when it comes to Fulham, however they display that emotion, and relegation has not dulled those feelings, rather it has made them a little more raw.

Come On You Whites
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

I understand the point you make, though I really don't believe that people have the same passion regarding the Fruit & Veg stand at Tesco, or the sock display at M&S, or even the Jewelry Hall at Harrods, as they do about the football club they have supported all their lives.

I agree the club does have every right to withhold information, it just doesn't sit so well with many people, unfortunately.

fulhamben

Quote from: Logicalman on June 07, 2014, 02:54:04 PM

I understand the point you make, though I really don't believe that people have the same passion regarding the Fruit & Veg stand at Tesco, or the sock display at M&S, or even the Jewelry Hall at Harrods, as they do about the football club they have supported all their lives.

I agree the club does have every right to withhold information, it just doesn't sit so well with many people, unfortunately.
granted that I haven't read all of this topic, but what exactly is it that you feel we need to know. the club has told us felix will be the manager, no kids will be sold, the riverside development will go ahead and khan will bankroll a quick return to the prem. granted everyone of those can change, but other than trying to prise out of felix, his transfer wish list, what more can they do?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamben on June 07, 2014, 03:01:27 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 07, 2014, 02:54:04 PM

granted that I haven't read all of this topic, but what exactly is it that you feel we need to know. the club has told us felix will be the manager, no kids will be sold, the riverside development will go ahead and khan will bankroll a quick return to the prem. granted everyone of those can change, but other than trying to prise out of felix, his transfer wish list, what more can they do?

I'm not certain why you believe it's me that needs to know more than we do. I was speaking generally?

Though, when the passions of what happened this year, and last for that matter, there is always a need to know something to make it understandable. The issue arises I guess that when there are so many unanswered questions that might seem obvious to be in the conscious to fans, and a distinct lack of any information simply adds to the frustrations, and that can affect the bottom line of any club. All fans want to feel included and valued, and over the past season there has been an obvious lack of information or apparent care for those fans.

MJG

Another load of posts saying they want know what's going on and the club should say something. Yet when you ask WHAT EXACTLY that should be no one can give an example.

Logicalman

Re:
Quote from: MJG on June 07, 2014, 03:29:44 PM
Another load of posts saying they want know what's going on and the club should say something. Yet when you ask WHAT EXACTLY that should be no one can give an example.

I did, do you recall?

And just to add to that point I did bring up, the club managed to actually outdo themselves because the tickets went on general sale yesterday, and although the club promised me in an email they would let me, and others know, they didn't, not a dicky-bird on the site either from what I've seen!

I found the original post ......

Quote from: Logicalman on June 05, 2014, 11:25:48 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2014, 06:01:21 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on June 05, 2014, 05:40:53 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 05, 2014, 04:41:10 PM
What EXACTLY would you want the club to say? Give me an example of a press release you would be happy with regaards the running of the club?

I'll tell you one and you can come to the defence of the club::

Fulham vs DC United tickets are now on sale Tickets are now available for the clubs ONLY US tour date (thus far), available via the club website.

So, how does that fit in with the club keeping fans informed?

I understand what your saying. TBH for an overseas friendly I would always expect the to get the tickets from the Home team anyway or pay on the day. But your right its not on the site and the feeling that its aimed at Jacksonville fans only can come across that way.

At least you have come up with an example of info lacking from them. Maybe it will be on there as still a good 6/7 weeks till the game.

You might well be right, and it is a specific group that it impacts. Unfortunately the tickets go on public sale tomorrow in the States, and the last communique from Fulham on the subject was that Fulham FC  were 'guests' - yep, their word not mine - and they would contact me when the tickets were available - still waiting for that fabled email.

The clubs PR is specifically poor in many areas, and this may well be due to a changing period whilst Khan settles in, but up till now, they get a 1 for effort, and and 0 for accountability.

As fans I do not believe we should be privy to any of the internal workings of the club, but we should have something when it impacts the fans directly, and they have proven to be inept thus far.

MJG

And I have mentioned on the other thread yours was the only clear post that has given an example. So ok one person has given an example my mistake. Point still stands that lots wanting news from club, but seems they can't say what they want to hear.