more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our young players...

Started by JackyFulham90, June 07, 2014, 09:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

How many of our youngsters can be a genuine part of our promotion push

It looks like Donnelly, G Williams, Roberts & Dembele will be part of the squad.

How many of the Under 21s can make the step up??

Grimmer, Christensen & David must surely be involved.

What about the likes of Della Verde & Plumain do they have a chance??

fulhamben

Woodrow is a cert. and I expect all if those to get a run out over the course of the season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

Listen to Cottage Talk - they spent 2 hours talking about our young players today.

Burn and Woodrow will probably start a lot of games next year. Williams, Roberts and Dembele will probably provide good supporting roles.

Players like Grimmer, Passley and Donnelly, I think, will be fringe players.

David, also, may be involved in a lot of games. Perhaps not necessarily starting; and maybe Christensen, but I wouldn't look further than these. It's still a good (very good) amount of youth products playing in the first team.

I can see us bringing in quality in numbers, especially following what Shahid Khan has said about not balancing the books, so there'll be a good blend.

Hopefully we do give kids the license of freedom in the cups, we don't need the added fixtures, but it'll be good to see players like Christensen and Dembele in a free environment.

Craven Mad

Woodrow and Burn are closest. Followed by David, Williams, Roberts and Dembele. Then Grimmer, Donnelly, Arthuworrey, Bettinelli. I don't know if Tunni and Cole are also included, but they'd be near the top.

Any number seem to be pushing forward. The Championship (and the recent mass-culling..) will give many a chance.

General

I was thinking that too - what has happened to our U21's...? It's as if we've skipped them entirely due to the success and prominence of the FA Youth Cup run.

What happened to the players that made up the winning youth premiership teams of the previous 2/3 years? They seem to have gone by the wayside and been forgotten...

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/u21s/player-profiles

I know Minkwitz, who people apparently had high hopes for and also who was also our U21's captain etc has been let go.

What about the others?

David and Plumain and LVC have obviously made breakthroughs, but are we really expecting that few? Does it really come down to those fine margins?

Or do we actually expect to see a whole squad of predominantly youth players.

Dembele96

2/3 players breaking trough is actually pretty good for one generation there many clubs who hardly get one.

As for the 95/96 they really are a talented generation, I do think some players will have the level for championship next year.
We developed a really good formation if we don't count on it what should we rely on to go back in the prem?

Lyon for example used well his formation center and you could see now around 12/13 players below 23 getting game with them and there is many talents coming out of their system every years.

Well I won't ask for 10 of them but if we could get 5/6 getting regular play time it won't be bad for the club I think.

Baszab

There are hardly any senior players left - and we are not going to be buying anyone - so let's hope they live up to everyone's expectations

west kowloon white

Very disappointed to hear from one in the know that we won't be buying anyone.

hovewhite

Would be foolish not to get some championship quality in as youth is no good on its own.

Baszab

I was being a bit facetious -- but I do understand that they are not looking at much at the moment on transfers - the main target is the OUTbox rather than the INbox