News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The gospel according to Glenn Hoddle.......

Started by ron, June 07, 2014, 11:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 09, 2014, 02:03:38 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 08:12:38 PM
Quote from: Andy S on June 08, 2014, 08:02:51 PM
I'm no fan of Hoddle but how can you judge him on what facilities, what coaches, etc etc he had 8 years ago. In fact that goes for all managers because a manager may be successful somewhere else it does not mean he is a shoe horn for any other job. As facilities play a part as well
I agree about how things work out at different places, but if you cant judge someone on previous jobs, then what can you judge them on?

People use the facts that support their argument and dismiss those that don't match.

Hence Magath will be a success for us because of his record whereas Hoddle will still be a success despite his lack of success and lack of recent experience.

Regardless of anyones opinion on Hoddle, I would worry about a CV for any position which had a gap of 8 years on it. Not sure what to make of it to be honest. Always liked him as he speaks sense in relation to football albeit in a quirky way sometimes but normally he comes across as an intelligent footballer. I'd still go back to why no experience in 8 years though.

The questions i'd ask is:
1) Is someone with that gap qualified to run an EPL team? (or a big championship club)
2) What exactly were you doing in those 8 years?
3) What are your long term plans for the club? - If he's as good as some make out, we wouldn't want a manager to use us as a stepping stone.