News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The gospel according to Glenn Hoddle.......

Started by ron, June 07, 2014, 11:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

During the Honduras England match on ITV;

"......and at the end of the day, it's half time........."

.......?....and someone suggested his name as our manager...?    

westcliff white

Why pick on Johnson, add wilshire to that too.

For ne Hoddle would not be a bad option if mcgath went
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2014, 12:24:06 AM

dont think our dissabled section or badgers teams would be too impressed with that, actually i wouldnt be impreesed if we signed him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Neil D

Hoddle's perennial struggle with the English language is a source of entertainment.  Add wacko religious beliefs to the mix and we would never be short of laughs if he became manager, though success might be more elusive.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 01:40:34 AM

dont think our dissabled section or badgers teams would be too impressed with that, actually i wouldnt be impreesed if we signed him

What the hell have the disabled got against Hoddle? one he was quoted out of context on a discussion a year before it was aired and are Hindus and Buddists all against disabled because they believe what you do in this life is reflected in your next? Not unlike Muslim and Christianity, get off your soap box and judge Hoddle as a football manager, he was victim of a press slur campaign which was carried on by the likes of you.By the way are you disabled? probabl;y not but I bet you know someone who is!

simplyfulham

At least Dan Burn could sleep soundly at night knowing that he would never again be played at right back.

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on June 08, 2014, 09:58:23 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 01:40:34 AM

What the hell have the disabled got against Hoddle? one he was quoted out of context on a discussion a year before it was aired and are Hindus and Buddists all against disabled because they believe what you do in this life is reflected in your next? Not unlike Muslim and Christianity, get off your soap box and judge Hoddle as a football manager, he was victim of a press slur campaign which was carried on by the likes of you.By the way are you disabled? probabl;y not but I bet you know someone who is!
ok then, 8 years ago, hoddles last manergerial job, he floped at a championship wolves. he wasnt good enough back then, and i doubt 8 years out of mangement has made him better. he was also sacked by 3 of his last 4 clubs, and has won nothing of note as a manager.

Andy S

I'm no fan of Hoddle but how can you judge him on what facilities, what coaches, etc etc he had 8 years ago. In fact that goes for all managers because a manager may be successful somewhere else it does not mean he is a shoe horn for any other job. As facilities play a part as well

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on June 08, 2014, 08:02:51 PM
I'm no fan of Hoddle but how can you judge him on what facilities, what coaches, etc etc he had 8 years ago. In fact that goes for all managers because a manager may be successful somewhere else it does not mean he is a shoe horn for any other job. As facilities play a part as well
I agree about how things work out at different places, but if you cant judge someone on previous jobs, then what can you judge them on?

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 08:12:38 PM
I agree about how things work out at different places, but if you cant judge someone on previous jobs, then what can you judge them on?

Roy got relegated with Blackburn, oh how did we sign such a crap manager with such a crap record?  fp.gif fp.gif.

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on June 08, 2014, 09:58:20 PM

Roy got relegated with Blackburn, oh how did we sign such a crap manager with such a crap record?  fp.gif fp.gif.
we didnt sign roy from blackburn though did we. he had to go rebuild his carreer out of the country.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 10:01:28 PM

we didnt sign roy from blackburn though did we. he had to go rebuild his carreer out of the country.

And what had he acheived then to make him so special as we know he is? You cannot judge a manager on past jobs, as already said, I have met and listened to Hoddle and a finer footballing brain you will struggle to find, but no you have made up your mind on off the field nonsense

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on June 08, 2014, 10:04:26 PM

And what had he acheived then to make him so special as we know he is? You cannot judge a manager on past jobs, as already said, I have met and listened to Hoddle and a finer footballing brain you will struggle to find, but no you have made up your mind on off the field nonsense
did he say why he hasnt had a job in 8 years then?

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on June 08, 2014, 10:10:42 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on June 08, 2014, 10:04:26 PM

did he say why he hasnt had a job in 8 years then?

I was there to listen to him speak about football, I wouldn't have been  so crass  to ask him anyway who says he has applied for any anyway it is always the press that link managers to jobs.

SP

Hoddle deserves great credit for his Spanish football academy helping released players grow up.  I believe he also raised the funding.

westcliff white

If we needed a manager and he applied I would take him,es he failed at wolves and spurs, but with Swindon, Chelsea and Southampton he didn't do too bad a job, and his England team didn't play a bad brand of football either. When he talks on sky sports he talks well too
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2014, 10:37:56 PM
If we needed a manager and he applied I would take him,es he failed at wolves and spurs, but with Swindon, Chelsea and Southampton he didn't do too bad a job, and his England team didn't play a bad brand of football either. When he talks on sky sports he talks well too
0001.jpeg

Berserker

My Dad was very dissappointed when he left Swindon, but aknowledged the bright lights of Chelsea bedazzled him.
I'm sad Roy Keane has given up being a punter on ITV, I really liked him on that, but I think Glenn Hoddle can bring something to the table in his place.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Nero

My thoughts are Keane was useless as a pundit,

On Hoddle, at least he speak some sense and you get what he is wanting to happen the other its all just cliches. when he was speaking during the thunder storm during the game and Roy was there, Roy was listerning to what he had to say. If he knew bugger all I dont thing Roy would have been listerning just nodding politely.

Apprentice to the Maestro

People use the facts that support their argument and dismiss those that don't match.

Hence Magath will be a success for us because of his record whereas Hoddle will still be a success despite his lack of success and lack of recent experience.

But if choosing a manager or player purely on their performances elsewhere was predictable then no club would make a mistake or have a surprising success.