watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Outsourcing

Started by Peabody, June 10, 2014, 09:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

I worked in IT for an online betting exchange which used to sponsor us. It was a brilliant company to work for but, after public flotation, a new broom was brought in and the bean counters recommended a lot of out sourcing of services which led to redundancies - both compulsory and in my case voluntary. Few of my ex colleagues remain there in the 2 years since I left - a massive loss of talented and dedicated professionals. Now, I'm not having a gripe here - I spent 7 happy years there and decided it was time to move on - but it goes to show that when you let the accountants take over a company can sell its soul for the short term but lose out in the long term. I expect the same model would also apply to a football club - please God let's not go there...

gang

G4S recently took over the communications centre at Lincoln Police, it is a fiasco.

sunburywhite

Quote from: gang on June 11, 2014, 03:23:38 PM
G4S recently took over the communications centre at Lincoln Police, it is a fiasco.

Ah...but the consultants they got in said it was the right thing to do.

Of course the consultants have never worked for the company so knew jack Sh1t about the best way to run it but they made a decision for somebody who worked for the company was unwilling to take
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

domprague

:plus one:
[/quote]
G4S were recently found guilty of fraud. How the hell do we trust a company guilty of fraud by falsifying records, over-claiming for work never done, excessive force (they make the TSG look like pussy cats), and accused of employing scum-bags at the lowest wage they could get away with? I wouldn't trust them not to sell off MP to the ha ha's for a bag of donuts, let alone handle security.

This company has been investigated both sides of the pond, and found wanting, and had to give up Government contracts becuase they were useless.
[/quote]
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

domprague

No desire for a political debate but when you vote UKIP, remember that without the EU's Treaty of Rome and Bosman ruling we would have missed out on some of the best players ever to grace the Cottage.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.