watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

3 weeks and a bit

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, June 12, 2014, 03:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

until our first friendly, with a World Cup in between.

whistle...... whistle....... whistle.......... whistle......... whistle......... whistle.......... whistle

In case you didn't work it out that's me whistling the guitar riff in "Smoke on the Water"
which is irrelevant to the post.

Methil (East Fife)  looks nice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=methil&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS576US576&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AQuZU9-ENta2yAS3pIHoBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&biw=1600&bih=799

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

Smoke on the water could have been the Thursday music selection
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

grandad

Wow, 3 weeks to buy nearly half of a new squad. Khan had better start flashing the cash & for goodness sake keep Mackintosh out of it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Doubt we will be close to knowing what our team will look like by the first friendly. Or if we do it will not be what we hoped. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

51 days till the league kicks off and 73 days of the window open.

Plenty of time.

cmg

I have it on the best authority (= I've just made it up) that everything is already sorted and that the players will join us just as soon as their respective countries get knocked out of the World Cup. We may have to wait till after June 13 for the best ones.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Sssssssssssh,
I've heard it on good authority as well, (I suspect from the same make up artist as you)
On the 3rd August a rooftop in Hackney has been rented to land severals helicopters.
There will be a continual stream of them and the passengers dressed in balaclavas will
be put in the lift (if it's working) and taken to a parked coach.
Once full the coach will be driven at high speed to MP, using Hells Angels outriders with
Apehangers.
What is not clear is whether or not they will stop for Donners, although my contact has
informed me there have been special requests for 1 curry, 3 strudels, one haggis and mashed neeps,
a hot dog, 3 fish and chips, 1 moussaka, 1 Gerbers banana and cream formula, 1 l'escargot, a big Mac,
mixed tapas and a tiddy oggy.
Or the food will be delivered to MP.
On arriving at MP they will enter the games room where the snooker table has been pushed to one
side and be greeted by various union folks.
A mass signing will take place, much like an American Citizenship ceremony
THe new people, and yes you've guessed it, they are all sub-contracted groundsman or after-match
Craven Cottage cleaners will each be given a photocopy of Triggers broom or a line marker + the latest
edition of "There's Only one F in Fulham
I'm surprized that no one realized this was a joke because of course by then all of the new footie players
will have been signed.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: MJG on June 12, 2014, 03:53:16 PM
51 days till the league kicks off and 73 days of the window open.

Plenty of time.

Over here we tend to keep our windows open longer as it generally stays warm until at least October.

Nero

DO you think if we go to the game and takes our boots we'll be able to get a game as trialists.

Baszab

Rogerp - It's going to be a Black Night if they don't sort it out soon - club's going up in a FireBall if they sign a load of Perfect Strangers

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Other relevant songs

Lazy   -    Ruiz
Soldier of Fortune  -  Bent
Flight of the rat  -    Jol (leaving)
Speed King  -   Er, no one really
Wrong Man - Jol
Bad Attitude  -  Berbatov
Burn  -  Burn

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Nero on June 13, 2014, 01:55:46 PM
DO you think if we go to the game and takes our boots we'll be able to get a game as trialists.

I'm taking my CLEETS to the Jacksonville game.

Holders

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on June 12, 2014, 03:07:48 AM
until our first friendly, with a World Cup in between.

whistle...... whistle....... whistle.......... whistle......... whistle......... whistle.......... whistle

In case you didn't work it out that's me whistling the guitar riff in "Smoke on the Water"
which is irrelevant to the post.

Methil (East Fife)  looks nice.

https://www.google.com/search?q=methil&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS576US576&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=AQuZU9-ENta2yAS3pIHoBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&biw=1600&bih=799

I drove past East Fife last year, looked quite big from the outside. The one I would fancy goingto would be Arbroath. It seems to stick out into the sea like a pier and probably gets foggy pretty often. Would be a great place to visit.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria