watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Evening Standard 1970 Fulham Special

Started by GrahamG, June 12, 2014, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamG

I posted this on the 'Best Winger' thread earlier.

By coincidence - I was clearing out some old stuff yesterday and happened across a 20 page Fulham special edition of the Evening Standard from 1970. Pictures and articles about Les Barrett, Stevie Earle, Jimmy Conway etc. If anybody would like this please leave me a message and I will gladly send it to you for free. First come first served. A different era indeed!

If there are no takers I'll put it back in the cabinet for another 44 years! It is a little frayed around the edges but nowhere near as frayed as me!

MasterHaynes

You should scan it and save an electronic copy and make it available, a rare find, 20 pages on Fulham, I'm sure lots of us older fans would like to read and remember.

GrahamG

I'm not sure I have the technical skills to do what you suggest Master Haynes. I could always send it to you and let you do it? Does this qualify as a 'pass' of which the master himself might have been proud?

GrahamG

Burt

It would be good if Mr A Taker could scan them and post a link for us to view.

Pretty please?

ron

Step up you computer whizzkids...I'd love to see that !!!    We poor old fellows are counting on you !

MasterHaynes

Ok Graham G I'll email you my address to send it to and get it scanned and electronic copy available

GrahamG

Thanks MasterHaynes (I'm a better passer than I thought). I did already promise it to somebody who messaged me BUT I think it only fair to send it to somebody who will share it with other fans. Thanks again. It will be in the post today.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: GrahamG on June 13, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
Thanks MasterHaynes (I'm a better passer than I thought). I did already promise it to somebody who messaged me BUT I think it only fair to send it to somebody who will share it with other fans. Thanks again. It will be in the post today.
If you let me know where to send it I can send it on after I've scanned it

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rupert

The sad thing is, I can remember seeing this article when it first came out. I had forgotten about it (I was only six at the time) until I read this topic.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MasterHaynes

It was there waiting for me when I got home Monday, read it page to page, didn't bother with the world cup brought back memories of that all conquering season(apart from the last game). I scanned all the pages in yesterday converting them into PDF's now I need to work out how best to post them online, if anyone has any ideas let me know.
In the meantime happy to send the electronic copies through to anyone, just pm me to let me know where to send them. I will need to send them through on a few emails as each page is about 400kb in size.

GrahamG

Well done for doing this MasterHaynes. I'm glad that many fellow fans will get the opportunity to share a little bit of the club history. Even for those born too late to have known Les Barrett etc it's a look at a bygone age when football was very different to the multi-billion pound business that it is today.

MasterHaynes

Thanks again for sending it tghrough for me to scan, have sent you and Peter the scanned paper adobe documents, I think the scanned images came out really well. You need to zoom and rotate the document, it prints well in colour if you have access to A3 printer. Anyone else want copies just pm me.