more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Commentary duo's...merged

Started by bog, June 13, 2014, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 22, 2014, 12:01:06 AM
I'm absolutely sick to death of the smarmy Alexi Lalas. He is so unlikeable and so full of himself it's like fingernails to chalkboard.
STOP MAKING ME AGREE WITH YOU!  064.gif 064.gif 064.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on June 21, 2014, 07:20:30 AM
Quote from: love4ffc on June 20, 2014, 03:04:50 AM
This has probably been covered but in the States ESPN is covering the WC.  Ian Darke  is the main Commentator and I really like him.  I also love Roberto Martinez.  As I think I read on here before he is very positive and has a great perspective of the game.  Really wish he was our manager. 

Oh my goodness, Ian Darke is awful. He will NOT shut up and he spews drivel. I cringe when I hear his voice. The best analyst is Efan Ekoku. He had more to do 4 years ago, but he still provides solid insights into what's actually going on.

Roberto Martinez is one of the best ever in the studio, as he was four years ago. Great insights.
yes, yes, yes, and yes again.  My thoughts exactly.

bog

My top rated duo for games is Jonathan Pierce and Mark Lawrenson.

Thank you and good night 

092.gif

TWFL

I did think Lawrenson was quite funny at times tonight. Decent insight as well. Still, moans too much for me.

God The Mechanic

I can't wait for the day that Lawrenson disappears from tv.

love4ffc

On espn I really like Michael Ballack and Roberto Martínez as analysts commentators.  They are always positive and usually spot on.  Especially Martinez.  
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fernhurst

Lawrenson has the face for radio...... His style on TV is pompous but quite like his relaxed cynical approach as a commentator. Not a man to be impressed by the screaming divers after playing with Tommy Smith at Pool.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

K33NY

Quote from: bog on July 01, 2014, 08:08:23 PM
My top rated duo for games is Jonathan Pierce and Mark Lawrenson.

Thank you and good night 

092.gif

You should be glad you dont have the Norwegian channel NRK's duo Tom Nordlie (former crappy manager) and Kristian Nilsen or something, they are so bad to listen to that I wish I had a mute button for commentaries only...... whilst TV2 has good commentators, to bad they share WC rights.....

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Southcoastffc

On BBC now, at the Belgium v USA game is our very own Danny Murphy, with someone whose name I didn't catch.  They are pretty good.  Pierce gets a bit high pitched and excited for my taste.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Skatzoffc

Lawrenson is a miserable, unfunny, downbeat dinosaur who should be retired forthwith. I'm sick and tired of Him ruining games. As a pundit he is redundant and repetitive.
If I never hear his droning garbage again it will be too soon.

magic Murphy is good tho. He really does his research into the players and backs up his commentary with interesting facts.

Rant over.
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 01, 2014, 09:24:47 PM
On BBC now, at the Belgium v USA game is our very own Danny Murphy, with someone whose name I didn't catch.  They are pretty good.  Pierce gets a bit high pitched and excited for my taste.

It's Steve Wilson  

Good Game - Good game  !!!!

Fernhurst

:031:Lawrenson is a miserable, unfunny, downbeat dinosaur who should be retired forthwith. I'm sick and tired of Him ruining games. As a pundit he is redundant and repetitive.
If I never hear his droning garbage again it will be to soon.

Ah............ That's such a shame...... He thinks quite highly of you  :54:
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

King_Crud

I liked Murphy's comment about the Dempsey loan deal last season: "Yeah......that didn't work. They could have had Messi on loan and it wouldn't have worked last season"